Obama's lack of foreign policy experience

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
Prime example...

The morning after claiming the Democratic nomination, Senator Barack Obama spoke to skeptical members of a pro-Israel lobby and made a pledge that some of them found pleasantly surprising: “Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

That statement generated a storm of controversy in the Middle East, with one Kuwaiti daily calling it “a slap in the face” to Arabs. And over the last 24 hours, as Mr. Obama and his campaign have sought to explain his initial remarks, and suggested that an undivided Jerusalem would be hard to achieve, they have been accused of backtracking, which has generated a new round of criticism, this one here at home among Jewish groups.
In the Middle East, however, reaction to Mr. Obama’s speech, which was broadcast live on several Arab-language television stations, was immediate, and strongly negative. Some of the sharpest reaction came from Palestinian leaders who had previously expressed hope that Mr. Obama would break with what they saw as a pattern of American favoritism toward Israel.

“This statement is totally rejected,” said Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority. He added, “We will not accept a Palestinian state without having Jerusalem as the capital.”
Even within Israel, where the speech was overwhelmingly applauded, some analysts suggested Mr. Obama had staked out a position beyond that of current Israeli leaders. One television commentator said his language was reminiscent of former Prime Minister Menachem Begin of the hard-line Likud Party, who signed a peace accord with Egypt but expanded Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/07/us/politics/07obama.html
Obama while trying to drum up political support among the Jewish community....
None of this is anything other than political expendiency.

Prime example...

The morning after claiming the Democratic nomination, Senator Barack Obama spoke to skeptical members of a pro-Israel lobby and made a pledge that some of them found pleasantly surprising: “Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

That statement generated a storm of controversy in the Middle East, with one Kuwaiti daily calling it “a slap in the face” to Arabs. And over the last 24 hours, as Mr. Obama and his campaign have sought to explain his initial remarks, and suggested that an undivided Jerusalem would be hard to achieve, they have been accused of backtracking, which has generated a new round of criticism, this one here at home among Jewish groups.
In the Middle East, however, reaction to Mr. Obama’s speech, which was broadcast live on several Arab-language television stations, was immediate, and strongly negative. Some of the sharpest reaction came from Palestinian leaders who had previously expressed hope that Mr. Obama would break with what they saw as a pattern of American favoritism toward Israel.

“This statement is totally rejected,” said Mahmoud Abbas, president of the Palestinian Authority. He added, “We will not accept a Palestinian state without having Jerusalem as the capital.”
Even within Israel, where the speech was overwhelmingly applauded, some analysts suggested Mr. Obama had staked out a position beyond that of current Israeli leaders. One television commentator said his language was reminiscent of former Prime Minister Menachem Begin of the hard-line Likud Party, who signed a peace accord with Egypt but expanded Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

Just like McCain.....

McCain backs Jerusalem capital: World: News: News24

Maybe you could cite where your article states that, MCcain stated "undivided Jerusalem"....

He can't Because McCain didn't. when Obama said that millions of Muslims around the world shit their pants, and started planning attacks on him and us. An undivided Jerusalem has never been the policy of the United States.

Obama is damn lucky he went to the west bank before he went to Israel and said that shit, because they would have ate him alive if he had said it before going to the west bank.

Now the question should be, does he really mean that shit? What does he mean by it? Does he mean Israel should own all of Jerusalem? Or was he just talking out his ass to gain Jewish Votes at home? Finally is it appropriate for a Candidate to announce such a stunning major Shift In US policy while on an over seas trip like that?

If he really supports the Idea he is going beyond what even the Israeli Government states it wants. I am guessing he is just talking out his ass, more pandering to the current crowd out of the supposed candidate of change. His attempt to backtrack on it later only reinforces the FACT that he will say what ever he thinks will get him the most votes.

what change? He is nothing but another politician who will say what ever he thinks the current crowd he is talking to wants to hear. IMO

Last edited:
Imagine!

An American Pol pandering to an American voters' block.

Unheard of!

Newt Gingrich, commenting on Obama's experience: "Well, Abraham Lincoln served two years in the U.S.House, and seemed to do all right."

Isn't it amazing that the man who allegedly has "no experience" is already beloved around the world, and our president for the last eight years is despised?

Maybe it's because Obama is better at selling the American case to the world than George Bush.

Isn't it amazing that the man who allegedly has "no experience" is already beloved around the world, and our president for the last eight years is despised?

Maybe it's because Obama is better at selling the American case to the world than George Bush.

And McCain will be no better.

No, it isn't.

Maybe the rest of the world sees what George Bush and cabal have done and it makes them afraid.

Can't much blame 'em.

Prime example...

Kind of makes you look stupid now that Obama has kicked ass in the Middle East and Israel, huh? :lol:

He can't Because McCain didn't. when Obama said that millions of Muslims around the world shit their pants, and started planning attacks on him and us. An undivided Jerusalem has never been the policy of the United States.

Obama is damn lucky he went to the west bank before he went to Israel and said that shit, because they would have ate him alive if he had said it before going to the west bank.

Prove this, or are you just making more shit up.

Kind of makes you look stupid now that Obama has kicked ass in the Middle East and Israel, huh? :lol:

OH yeah, he sure kicked some ass with his "undivided Jerusalem" comment. He kicked Millions of Muslims around the world right in the ass, and pissed them off all the more.

Yeah he is just a peach when it comes to foreign policy.

OH yeah, he sure kicked some ass with his "undivided Jerusalem" comment. He kicked Millions of Muslims around the world right in the ass, and pissed them off all the more.

Yeah he is just a peach when it comes to foreign policy.

Malaki endorses him and another king accidentilly, or purposely, called him President...I mean Senator Obama.

Drove him to the airport PERSONALLY!!!

He's doing a great job. You Republicans are shitting your pants. COLLECTIVELY!!! Bob don't drop the Barr of soap my Ass!

Prove this, or are you just making more shit up.

I do not have to prove shit, I am not the one who claimed McCain ever said he supported an "undivided Jerusalem".

I never just make shit up, I leave that to you, on the few occasions I have mis stated facts I am at least man enough to admit it, unlike you.

I do not have to prove shit, I am not the one who claimed McCain ever said he supported an "undivided Jerusalem".

I never just make shit up, I leave that to you, on the few occasions I have mis stated facts I am at least man enough to admit it, unlike you.

ha! just giving you a taste of your own PROVE IT medicine. Fag. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I say that as a childish school bully, not an anti gay person, because I am not. Just for the record. :eusa_shifty:

ha! just giving you a taste of your own PROVE IT medicine. Fag. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I say that as a childish school bully, not an anti gay person, because I am not. Just for the record. :eusa_shifty:

Problem is, when I ask you to prove it, it is because you are making baseless claims, Unlike you who just does it when he knows I am right, and can't stand it.

In the last hour or so you have called me like 10 childish little names and told me to F off once, talk about powerful debating tactics. Need I say more about you. You are just an immature child who blames everything that happens to him on others, even when it is your own mouth that gets you in trouble.

Why don't you negative rep me, It might make you feel better. Then I suggest you do some serious soul searching, You said on another thread you would pray for me, well I do not want the prayers of such a judgmental ignorant little child. Don't want them and don't need them.

I am very sorry that I piss you off, Maybe you should just stop trying, because you are not going to win, and will be forced to stoop to more name calling, and Childish antics to Deflect from the points I make. Or maybe you will just make more shit up about me, and what I have said.

Last edited:
Obama is clearly the antichrist. I bet if you shave his microfro you'll find the number of the beast. Promising HOPE AND PEACE a mere 7ish years after the year 2k? A Darling of the Whore of Babylon? A 7 headed Dragon (The G8.. Lets face it.. Canada?) and TEN horns (12 israeli prime ministers minus the brief arab and those who served double terms) leaves the upcoming Tenth Horn!@!@!

12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

and WHO did he just pledge to support?!?!?!

666antichrist.jpg

Antichrist.gif

AntiChristBeast666.jpg

I don't know about you.. but i look forward to Heavy Metal remembering it's balls if such is the case. Slayer had better put out an album just as soon as the mask comes off and Armageddon begins.

no no.. im likening Obama to the devil.. israel is just an indicator. THAT is strait from Revelations. Why do you think John Hagee is such a devoted fan of the nation of israel?

Forum List

Back