Obama's jobs plan

There is plenty of work here, I just hired a guy to work.
The only thing about people not getting a job, is they don't want to.

Can anyone on the left tell me why Obama hasn't mentioned ObamaCare, errrr I mean ObamaTax on the campaign trail?? What about the unemployment rate?? What about his green energy successes, errrr I mean failures. What the heck has he done in 4 years?? Two of which were supported by a Dem controlled Congress.

How do you know he hasn't?

There is plenty of work here, I just hired a guy to work.
The only thing about people not getting a job, is they don't want to.

hahahahahaha, they aren't working because they don't want to?? I thought that was a right wing talking point!!

Still waiting on what Obama plans to do about the economy and jobs if he gets reelected, other than spend a lot more money investing in failed green energy.

Where is it??

How's he going to stop the double dip recession??

Why isn't he running on his past three and 1/2 years??

No instead we're focusing on when Romney left Bain, how many years of tax returns he should make public, his high school pranks and his pets. :eek:

Might work in Chicago but I don't think it really matters in the whole scheme of things.

It's the still the economy and jobs. :bang3:

Bill Clinton................Blow Jobs
Barack Obama..........No Jobs
George W. Bush........Lost Jobs

6a00d8341bf80c53ef0133f3d44f99970b-500wi

Where is it??

No instead we're focusing on when Romney left Bain, how many years of tax returns he should make public, his high school pranks and his pets. :eek:

Might work in Chicago but I don't think it really matters in the whole scheme of things.

I found Obama's jobs plan. :eusa_whistle:
Barack Obama Finally Has Jobs Bill, 16,000 New IRS Workers Will Be Needed for Obamacare | Scared Monkeys

Yup. More folks that we taxpayers will have to support.

Who knows mayby some of those "Shovel Ready Jobs" will magically appear.

The private sector is the engine that fuels the country not the Govt. All Govt does is cost the taxpayers money. Govt don't make money. Govt sucks it down like a drain.

Where is it??

Absolutely right. I saw the title of the thread and thought, "He has a jobs plan...any plan?"

Where is it??

I found Obama's jobs plan. :eusa_whistle:
Barack Obama Finally Has Jobs Bill, 16,000 New IRS Workers Will Be Needed for Obamacare | Scared Monkeys

Yup. More folks that we taxpayers will have to support.

Who knows mayby some of those "Shovel Ready Jobs" will magically appear.

The private sector is the engine that fuels the country not the Govt. All Govt does is cost the taxpayers money. Govt don't make money. Govt sucks it down like a drain.

Hell...if it hadn't been for George W. Bush and his cohorts we'd be in fine shape. Think back to when Clinton's administration created 22 million new jobs and left a balanced budget. Then along came George, slow walkin' slow talkin' George. He concentrated on two wars...one totally a war of choice, cut taxes for the wealthy(twice) and put this country in the worst economical situation since the great depression. Bush created jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In the 1990s there used to be 50 military personnel for every 1 contractor, now the ratio is 10 to 1.

Blackwater and Halliburton have to eat too.

6a00d8341bf80c53ef0133f3d44f99970b-500wi

Last edited:
Can anyone on the left tell me why Obama hasn't mentioned ObamaCare, errrr I mean ObamaTax on the campaign trail??

Two days ago:

I'm running because I believe we've got to keep going on the Affordable Care Act. It was the right thing to do to make sure that everybody has health care. (Applause.) The Supreme Court has spoken. It is the law of the land. We are going to implement it. (Applause.) And because we're implementing it, young people can stay on their parent's health insurance plans until they're 26 years old. (Applause.) And if you've got health insurance, the only thing that's going to happen is you've got more security and insurance companies can't jerk you around. (Applause.) And 30 million people, including those with preexisting conditions, can finally get health insurance. It was the right thing to do. We're not going backwards, we're going forwards. (Applause.)

Same day, different event:

My opponent wants to restrict the health care options for women. I believe women should make their own health care choices. (Applause.) [...]

Mr. Romney wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

AUDIENCE: Booo --

THE PRESIDENT: Let me just say that I passed this bill because it was the right thing to do. The Supreme Court has spoken. (Applause.) We are implementing this law. If you’ve got health insurance the only thing that happens for you is that you’ve got more security because insurance companies can't jerk you around and use fine print to somehow restrict your care.

If you’re a young person, you can stay on your parent's plan up until you're 26 years old. (Applause.) Seniors are seeing lower costs for their prescription drugs. Women are getting free preventive care for things like cervical cancer. (Applause.)

If you don't have health insurance, we’re going to help you get it. (Applause.) And if you can afford health insurance and you don't buy it, we’re not going to let you pass those costs on to other people. (Applause.)

So the Affordable Care Act was the right thing to do. Health care was the right thing to do. We’re not going backwards, we’re going forward. That's a difference in this election. (Applause.)

The ACA is very much a part of his stump speech.

Goodness, now there's even a POLITICO story today about how much he talks about Obamacare on the stump: President Obama highlights health care law on campaign trail

President Barack Obama on Monday gave a strong defense of his health care law, weaving multiple mentions of health reform into answers at an Ohio town hall and saying he doesn’t mind the “Obamacare” label “because I really do care.”

Drawing attention to the parallels between his controversial legislation and the Massachusetts reform signed into law by Mitt Romney, Obama said, “It’s working really well there. He should be proud of it instead of running away from it.”

The president has mentioned the health law in his stump speech routinely since the Supreme Court upheld it last month, but he spoke about the controversial legislation more expansively in a town hall Monday. Several times, he worked health care into his answers to questions that weren’t specifically about health reform. For instance, he mentioned the health reform law when asked about supporting small business and again when asked about uniting the country in a second term. He used the forum to defend his law, critique Romney and mention his support for Planned Parenthood.

The president said small businesses will be able to buy insurance through health insurance exchanges, which he referred to as “a pool.” There, he promised, small businesses would be able to “get the same good rates” as employees at big companies. He said small employers will get additional tax credits for providing health insurance for employees.

An embarrassment of riches.

Forum List

Back