Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

Yeah, you're right. If rich people are holding off on hiring new people or expanding businesses at the moment, that OBVIOUSLY means they aren't the ones who create jobs, and OBVIOUSLY it's poor people who do that. You're such a genius.

Good luck finding a homeless person to hire you, Brain Trust. :cuckoo:

Well, if I can't get a rich person to hire me, and I can't get a homeless person to hire me, where can I get a job while the Republicans are busy letting the economy fall to bits to get Obama out of the Whitehouse?

BTW I admire your intimidating command of the CAPS key and Smilies.

If stimulus 1&2 didn't work. why would you think it's going to work this time?

Where's your graph?

I don't know that it was all that coincidental. I think Obama was shown some favorable indicators, and in true liberal fashion, was unable to resist jumping in and meddling so he could take credit for anything good that might happen. Of course, also in true liberal fashion, he did exactly the wrong thing and stomped all over any chance at a recovery.

That may be the most ignorant, dogma driven crap posted here.

Conservative Economist’s Own Methodology Demonstrates the Success of Stimulus

Add conservative economist Douglas Holtz-Eakin to the ranks of experts whose work shows that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 operated exactly as intended, growing the economy and creating millions of jobs. It may seem surprising that Holtz-Eakin, the former Congressional Budget Office director, former chief economic advisor to Sen. John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, and current president of the conservative American Action Forum, would throw his support behind the stimulus bill. But that’s what he’s done—whether he likes it or not.

Why? Because the very methodology he repeatedly used to discredit the stimulus actually shows it was a remarkable success.

You see, for much of last summer, Holtz-Eakin had a favorite graph that he used whenever he got the chance. The graph purported to show that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act was utterly ineffective at spurring economic growth. He loved this graph so much that he used it in no less than three different columns during the course of just two months, and even included it as part of his testimony before the Senate Finance Committee. (see chart)

holtz_eakin2.jpg

Here’s what Dr. Holtz-Eakin believed this graph showed:

The chart … shows actual GDP during 2009. It also shows what would have happened if the trajectory at the start of 2009 had continued the entire year (labeled “Continued Decline”)—that is, the graphical version of “the economy was falling off a cliff.” The shaded area is the difference—the additional GDP from not continuing to decline—and totals $268 billion.

Crikey...I bet that'll change the minds of people that believe that the stimulus didn't work...

Don't count on it. Brainwashing is usually irreversible.

I called this one on day 1.

Little did I know it would be his own party telling him to stick to speeches and leave the bill writting to the big boys.....

By its very nature the "stimulus" "stimulated" the economy. Anytime you flood something with money it is stimulated. That did nothing but prolong the problem and put a temporary bandaid on it.

UE is still higher than it was when he took office 9.1

Facts are a bitch eh?

All we need to do is repeal the Bush tax cuts and get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

All we need to do is repeal the Bush tax cuts and get out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

If you took EVERY FUCKING DIME of the evil rich's money you'd only get about $980 billion. And that's a one-time deal.

Geeze you people are stupid.

If you took EVERY FUCKING DIME of the evil rich's money you'd only get about $980 billion. And that's a one-time deal.

I made A's in economics in college. I am not stupid.

Define "rich people."

I don't care if you can split a mother fucking atom buddy..... The class warfare drek you post here is most often profoundly stupid...

Define "rich people."

Then act like it.

Every concisely penned word just exudes brilliance!

Define "rich people."

I don't care if you can split a mother fucking atom buddy..... The class warfare drek you post here is most often profoundly stupid...

The war is over.

The rich won.

half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

Define "rich people."

According to Dear Reader, it's anyone who makes over $200K a year.

*Survey says?*

His ignorance.
True. But he won't accept responsibility for his choices that led to where he is today.
None of them do. It's always some one else's fault.

Frankly? I'm sick of paying for thier stupidity.
Most of these protesters are people who've had a rough time of THEIR OWN DOING.
I have a relative who is a pretty smart person, is talented and skilled. This person cannot hold down a decent job because of piss poor personal decisions and an unwillingness to cooperate and work with others.
She bitches and moans about how awful the world is and how life is unfair.
A few years ago I have finally had it with her constant carping and let her have it. I told her that every one of these things she says were not her fault and they "just happened" were of her own doing. Of course she went into a swearing fit that would have made a truck driver blush.
Typical reaction from a person who was exposed to the truth.

Forum List

Back