Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

What's really ironic is that Obama appointed McRaven to his job and publicly thanked him for his role in the capture of bin laden.

Obama picked the right guy and these nits are still fucked in the head over it.
And he would have thrown him under the bus in short order.

Btw, looking at his picture in the OP can you tell me what kind of unit he was in?

I can.

US SOCOM

Badge on lower left.

He's also UDT/SEAL qualified.

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

The thing is though...we will never ever know. Because, Bush was not the one whose Administration got OBL.

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

His face would have been on Mount Rushmore. Look at the treatment Reagan gets from the right.

He was an unmitigated disaster as a President.

Reagan was a fantastic President; was precisely the right man at the right time.

I know a few survivors of the Beirut Marine Corps Barracks attack that might disagree with you, my friend.

You are quite naive in regard to cvovert operations.

The CiC will always take the blame for a fialed mission...that is his job...although something tells me Obama would blame someone beneath him.

But if you think being briefed is the same as "making the calls" you are sadly mistaken.

Not mistaken at all. The President sets the policy. And calls the shots.

It's no mistake that John Yoo was called in to help President George W. Bush set the policy on torture. This was something that the Bush administration was fully aware of..despite claims to contrary. Same with domestic spying. Prior to the Times story..President Bush said that warrants would be sought before wire taps went out. Which is why he was so pissed about that story. He got caught in a big fat lie.

Never mind.

Your admiration for the man clouds your thinking. I am talking to a brick wall.

Believe what you wish.

Actually..it's the other way around..I'm talking to a brick wall.

For nearly a decade Bin Laden lived in plain sight..because the Policy of President Bush was to leave him alone. Dead, he would have not been the bogey man that enabled the invasion of Iraq. That was the prize for Bush.

And that was the policy.

It's no mistake that John Yoo was called in to help President George W. Bush set the policy on torture. This was something that the Bush administration was fully aware of..despite claims to contrary. Same with domestic spying. Prior to the Times story..President Bush said that warrants would be sought before wire taps went out. Which is why he was so pissed about that story. He got caught in a big fat lie.

Never mind.

Believe what you wish.

For nearly a decade Bin Laden lived in plain sight..because the Policy of President Bush was to leave him alone. Dead, he would have not been the bogey man that enabled the invasion of Iraq. That was the prize for Bush.

And that was the policy.

There ya go.

lol....you are as pathetic as TM with youyr "conspiracy" theories.

The thing is though...we will never ever know. Because, Bush was not the one whose Administration got OBL.

No shit?

Tell me how.

I'd like to hear the details.

No shit?

Tell me how.

I'd like to hear the details.

didn tyou hear?

Bush did not want to get the guy.

He preferred America referring to his efforts as a failure.

Never mind.

Believe what you wish.

And that was the policy.

Got any proof for that?

I showed my proof....show me your's.

Never mind.

Believe what you wish.

And that was the policy.

There ya go.

What conspiracy? Holy shit. While campaigning Bush was saber rattling against Iraq. The fucking PNAC which populated his administration were bending over backwards to try to get Clinton to invade. Clinton came close..but balked. This isn't some "secret squirrel" conspiracy nonsense..it's all out there in the open.

Along with funding of the muj.

Actually Bush was the one....He's the one that put everything in place to track Bin Laden, he had people in place searching for him long ago. So Bush said "he wasn't concerned" about him because he had people taking care of it, so he could concentrate on other things here at home. But the left take that as he just didn't care...lol! If Obama could have gotten away with it i think he would have dismantled the whole operation.

:lol::lol::lol:

I love how some on the board here are such avid believers in the ideas of the book "1984"....change history to suit your needs. Tho, it is sad how stupid you think people are to buy your lied.

And that was the policy.

There ya go.

What conspiracy? Holy shit. While campaigning Bush was saber rattling against Iraq. The fucking PNAC which populated his administration were bending over backwards to try to get Clinton to invade. Clinton came close..but balked. This isn't some "secret squirrel" conspiracy nonsense..it's all out there in the open.

What did GWB have to do with Afghanistan in the 80s?

Do you even know why Bin Laden attacked us on 9/11?

It wasn't because we helped the Mujhadeed to take out the Soviets.

And that was the policy.

There ya go.

You are taking A and adding it to B and coming up with J.

That is how you define a conspiracy.

lol..all out there in the open.

I will ask again...knowing you ignored it......why do you theink the CIC was NOT aware of fast and furious?

Or do you think Obama lied and the WH is lying to congress?

There ya go.

His fucking father was involved in funding them.

And yeah..I know why Bin Laden attacked. He was pissed the Saudis asked the US to defend them from Iraq. He thought they would come to him and his piss poor Muj.

When it comes to small unit military tactics......I am.

I've been trained on it for years.

It's not something you can learn just by reading a book. You have to put a plan into action before you can discover what works and what doesn't. I've done enough missions, enough mission planning, I've been in plenty of isolations, and enough brief-backs to say I probably know the subject better than he does.

No, you're not.

You're dumbed down via partisanship and hatred, and you're a tiny shred of a man having to obsessively come on here each day and think of little nancy nit pickin, corny shit to poke at another man's life about. You're the equivalent of Perez Hilton, the fucking celebrity gossip queen.

I'm a retired Green Beret and former Special Forces Detachment "Alpha" member. If I was active-duty I wouldn't have any time to waste on budknockers like you.

Of course you are. Of course you wouldn't.

There ya go.

You are taking A and adding it to B and coming up with J.

That is how you define a conspiracy.

lol..all out there in the open.

I will ask again...knowing you ignored it......why do you theink the CIC was NOT aware of fast and furious?

Or do you think Obama lied and the WH is lying to congress?

Why?

Because it was an "under the radar" operation started years back...that kept essentially running on it's own. It was being handled by mid level management types that were into BAU without asking questions.

Issa absolutely refuses to bring in Bush era operatives to his witch hunt.

That's pretty telling about what a partisan bit of nonsense that is..

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a one, two, three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.

#1...Bush wasn't piloting that S-3...he was a passenger
#2...hundred, if not thousands of family members here in San Diego waited another day with their loved ones in sight off Pt Loma because the President wanted a photo op.
#3...Nice backdrop "Mission Accomplished"...what mission?

San Diego is a Republican town for the most part...lots of Navy and Marines. We were NOT impressed.

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a one, two, three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.
The screeching, as you put it, when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier was due to the fact that the mission was anything but accomplished. The toll of our dead and wounded tell that story far more eloquently than I ever could. And I don't think there were any responsible Americans complaining about the capture of Saddam. We believed that that event would precipitate the end of that awful war.

But dissing Obama for the killing of bin Laden is, in fact an act of ultimate immaturity and the fable of the fox and the sour grapes is apt.

His fucking father was involved in funding them.

And yeah..I know why Bin Laden attacked. He was pissed the Saudis asked the US to defend them from Iraq. He thought they would come to him and his piss poor Muj.

Obama's mother and father were both communists. They met at a communist meeting/class on communism. Does that make Obama automatically a communist? It's possible but not automatically so.

Bush's father was head of the CIA. Does that make Jr a spook?

Btw, what units were involved in training the muj?

You'll never guess.

Forum List

Back