Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

45 pages in a few days? I'd say a lot of people believe that Obama is politicizing UBL and a lot of people are desperate to pretend otherwise.

With his "nod," the President authorized our guys to take out that motherfucker, bin Laden.

If that is a very good thing (and it is) then I am ok with the President citing it as part of his record.

He is running away from most of his record. But citing that part of his record makes sense. I don't begrudge him that.

Few hated Obama more than Liability...now you know why I miss him.

What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

Admiral-Special-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg

Obama simply gave the go-ahead and was prepared to throw Adm William H. McRaven under the bus if anything when wrong. What was labelled a gusty call turns out to be barely a nod from a President that at the same moment was prepared to cast blame on the man put in charge of the mission using him in typical Obama fashion as a fall-guy.

How many of you even know who this guy is? Well, if proper credit had been given you would have known a lot about the man who took control of the mission and saw it through to it's successful conclusion. He should have been the one to make the announcement that Bin Laden was ether killed or captured.

During Desert Storm we became familiar with Gen Norman Schwartzkopf giving regular mission statements. George H. W. Bush allowed the General to take some of the glory. This is what good leaders do. Obama would have none of it. Instead he rushed in front of the cameras and hogged all of the glory for himself. The real heroes were essentially an after-thought. It would have been quite a different story if the mission had imploded and been a disaster similar to the failed Desert One debacle that took place just over 32 years ago in the desert sands of Tabas, Iran.

President Obama made the right call to give the green light to the mission. But he did it in a way that he could shift the blame if things went wrong. Typical Obama. And typical of him to claim full credit for it, when he didn’t do anything but give a vague nod, while putting his top military officials at risk of taking the hit in case of a bad turn. What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

This now famous photo in the White House war-room was simply a publicity photo taken during the wrap up of the mission. Notice Obama almost hiding because the final word on the mission was still pending. Everyone who was anyone showed up for this photo-op which surely would not have been released had the mission gone bad.

Screen%20Shot%2020120426%20at%20105809%20AM.png

Links
http://patdollard.s3.amazonaws.com/...ecial-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg
http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/memo.jpg
William H. McRaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Eagle Claw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting how you guys refuse to give credit to the President on this. It was his call, that is the bottom line. What makes your hypocrisy stand out is the fact that you continue to lambast him over Benghazi.

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

His face would have been on Mount Rushmore. Look at the treatment Reagan gets from the right.

He was an unmitigated disaster as a President.

Reagan was a fantastic President; was precisely the right man at the right time.

Too bad the effects of what he did couldn't have been confined to "the right time".

One has to buy into the idea that Carter was commandeering the death of America to believe that Reagan saved it from death. What a charming guy Reagan was. USA! USA!

Forum List

Back