Obama's interview in Time

Here's a link to Obama's interview in Time....

Obama: 'We Have a Daunting Task' - TIME
From the article....
And that, I think, at least gives me some hope that if we get our strategy right, we still have the most valuable possible resource to get the job done, and that's our men and women in uniform.

Article from 2007
Political Radar: Obama to Bush on Troops Surge: It's A Mistake
ABC News' Karen Travers Reports: Potential Democratic presidential contender Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) emerged from a meeting with President Bush at the White House today and told reporters that he "personally indicated that an escalation of troop levels in Iraq was a mistake and that we need a political accommodation rather than a military approach to the sectarian violence there."

Obama still hasn't got the right strategy....

From the article....
And that, I think, at least gives me some hope that if we get our strategy right, we still have the most valuable possible resource to get the job done, and that's our men and women in uniform.

Article from 2007
Political Radar: Obama to Bush on Troops Surge: It's A Mistake
ABC News' Karen Travers Reports: Potential Democratic presidential contender Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) emerged from a meeting with President Bush at the White House today and told reporters that he "personally indicated that an escalation of troop levels in Iraq was a mistake and that we need a political accommodation rather than a military approach to the sectarian violence there."

Obama still hasn't got the right strategy....

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government allied with Iran.

What was the strategy again?

4,000 dead, 30,000 wounded, and $700 billion dollars wasted to set up a Shia government allied with Iran.

What was the strategy again?

Exactly my point why should we waste 4000 people dead, 30000 wounded and 700 billion dollars? Obama's position of withdrawing within 16 months regardless of the situation on the ground is wasting all of the sacfrices made.

Exactly my point why should we waste 4000 people dead, 30000 wounded and 700 billion dollars? Obama's position of withdrawing within 16 months regardless of the situation on the ground is wasting all of the sacfrices made.

I actually think Obama will be saved by the progress on the ground, brought on in large part by the surge he opposed, and still says he would have opposed, even though he admits it has been a success. Things are going well enough we should be able to leave in the near future, and Obama will come out looking great for it. It is great things are going so well we should be able to leave soon, but it sucks ass Obama will gain from it.

I actually think Obama will be saved by the progress on the ground, brought on in large part by the surge he opposed, and still says he would have opposed, even though he admits it has been a success. Things are going well enough we should be able to leave in the near future, and Obama will come out looking great for it. It is great things are going so well we should be able to leave soon, but it sucks ass Obama will gain from it.

I think most people are smarter than you give them credit for.

I hope you are right on that one :) Maybe I have just been talking to Kirk and Bobo to much :) Wait did I just make a personal attack on kirk again. Damn I am sorry :lol:

(Robot voice) "Personal attacks aren't convicing arguments"

Yes, things are better. It seems when the US (us tax payers) pays the factions not to battle each other, it works. Maybe we can try the same thing with gang violence here? You wouldn't mind giving the LA Crips a couple mill. to cool it would you? Brilliant military plan Mister bush!

Yes, things are better. It seems when the US (us tax payers) pays the factions not to battle each other, it works. Maybe we can try the same thing with gang violence here? You wouldn't mind giving the LA Crips a couple mill. to cool it would you? Brilliant military plan Mister bush!

Paying those groups was part of the over all strategy that Mr Super man Obama opposed bud. The Surge was more then just more troops, it was a change in strategy.

I hope you are right on that one :) Maybe I have just been talking to Kirk and Bobo to much :) Wait did I just make a personal attack on kirk again. Damn I am sorry :lol:

:cuckoo:

Said in a stern voice - "Careful Charles! Kirk is quickly moving up on my list of "adopt'able canditates" ..... your losing ground on my list! lol

If it has worked and created a situation to bring both Shias and Sunnis to the political process, what is the problem?

heh... which beast? our infrastructure?

Exactly.

To bankrupt the government, and break the spirit of the American people such that they become mostly peasants beholding to a system of power and control dominated entirely be corporate interests.

We're damned close to that already thanks to libertarians, neo-cons, and Republicans (and some Dems, too) who can't read the national budget and really understand where (and to whom) all that wasted tax money is really going.

Exactly.

To bankrupt the government, and break the spirit of the American people such that they become mostly peasants beholding to a system of power and control dominated entirely be corporate interests.

We're damned close to that already thanks to libertarians, neo-cons, and Republicans (and some Dems, too) who can't read the national budget and really understand where (and to whom) all that wasted tax money is really going.

:eusa_whistle:
What is really bankrupting this country, can you read a graph?

$fedcomp.gif

Forum List

Back