Obamas inguation speech--"replace FEAR with HOPE--remember?

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Every once in a whiile, especially during these bad economic times, some of us need a good laugh. So here it is. Do you remember Barack Obama's inaguration speech? Where he again, so elequently enamored the masse's with: "We have replaced "FEAR" with "HOPE?"

Just a couple of days ago our newly elected, & intellectually superior, President Obama stated: "If you don't pass this bill immediately, this will lead to an castatrophic economic disaster, something of which we may never recover! And our new President wonders why consumer confidence is so low?

And they thought President Bush was dumb! Still LOL!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
Every once in a whiile, especially during these bad economic times, some of us need a good laugh. So here it is. Do you remember Barack Obama's inaguration speech? Where he again, so elequently enamored the masse's with: "We have replaced "FEAR" with "HOPE?"

Just a couple of days ago our newly elected, & intellectually superior, President Obama stated: "If you don't pass this bill immediately, this will lead to an castatrophic economic disaster, something of which we may never recover! And our new President wonders why consumer confidence is so low?

And they thought President Bush was dumb! Still LOL!

If you "listened to"/"looked at" the latest unemployment numbers of last month alone then you wouldn't make this statement.

Employment Situation Summary

And no, the president doesn't wonder why consumer confidence is so low. Where did you get that from?

Republicans are between a rock and a hard place, if they don't pass the bill: they will loose and if they pass the bill they will also loose. But I can tell you this: Nobody wants to have the full responsibility of an economic desaster and as it looks now it that republicans could become a perfect scapegoat if they fuck this up.

Republicans were in charge when the economy was getting fucked up and then they are becoming responsible for destroying the rescue package. It doesn't look good for them if they continue on this road. Every new job lost can be blamed on the inaction of the republicans to come to an agreement, because the democrats have been doing gestures towards them.

Remember the bipartisan effort to bail out wall street? And remember the reactions on this forum (and probably also by americans in general) with asking: "where is my bailout?".

Well now the dems made an answer to this question with a stimulus plan to bail out main street and guess who is voting against it?
Obama puts the heat on Republicans -- chicagotribune.com

As it looks now the republicans & democrats bail out wall street, but the republicans don't seem to give a fuck about "main street". At least that is the perception now: republicans acting stubborn, democrats caving in to republicans. And yes Obama said "I have won", which doesn't imply not being bipartisan. It simply implies that he has won the elections and that republicans don't need to expect a majority of republican policy into that stimulus bill, because the americans voted against that.

Last edited:
Obama is finding that campaigning is a horse of another color from governing.

So he resorts to the same old tried and true government formula of inciting fear. But this time it seems like fewer people are falling for it.

I suppose the Dimocrats will blame GW for this lack of faith in government that we are seeing now but I see it as people finally waking up and realizing that government is a necessary evil to be tolerated but not trusted.

IMHO

It's about time.

Obama is finding that campaigning is a horse of another color from governing.

So he resorts to the same old tried and true government formula of inciting fear. But this time it seems like fewer people are falling for it.

I suppose the Dimocrats will blame GW for this lack of faith in government that we are seeing now but I see it as people finally waking up and realizing that government is a necessary evil to be tolerated but not trusted.

IMHO

It's about time.

But enough do; namely Snow-Collins-Specter
icon13.gif

way to go obamalama,, you are supposed to be the leader, you are supposed to instill in us a sense of confidence.. that's not what yer doing now is it? Newp.:eusa_whistle:

Fascism is surely taking control of Washington. The last 8 years were horrible, with Bush scaring us if "swift, decisive" action is not taken against X (whether it be a bailout, stimulus package or Iraq), we were surely going to suffer. And now Obama following the very same steps as his predecessor. What if we all decided that more government was not the answer? Now that truly would be change!

Fascism is surely taking control of Washington. The last 8 years were horrible, with Bush scaring us if "swift, decisive" action is not taken against X (whether it be a bailout, stimulus package or Iraq), we were surely going to suffer. And now Obama following the very same steps as his predecessor. What if we all decided that more government was not the answer? Now that truly would be change!

I'm with you... let's go fot it... Civil War II, and clean the trash out of Washington. Start at the top and work down.

What if we all decided that more government was not the answer? Now that truly would be change!

Yeah, what exactly happened to that slogan when the republicans got elected (2000-2008)? I don't remember less government under the republican rule.

What if we all decided that more government was not the answer? Now that truly would be change!

Yeah, what exactly happened to that slogan when the republicans got elected (2000-2008)? I don't remember less government under the republican rule.

No idea, but that's why we're in dire straights now. Obviously, the best idea would be to expand government even more and continue failed policies. ;)

No idea, but that's why we're in dire straights now. Obviously, the best idea would be to expand government even more and continue failed policies. ;)

lol, it is funny how you think that much less government would solve all our problems. It is not like things would all be better if we had no government.

The way I see it: too much government is bad, but too little government is also bad. I think it sucks either way.

Maybe it is because we have had too much incompetent people governing for the last 8 years, it kind of makes us think that government doesn't work.

Key note for people: The truth and inciting fear are two different things.

Truth: The economy needs help now.

Inciting Fear: "Saddam has weapons of mass destruction, housing Al-Qaeda, buying yellow cake from Nigeria,etc."

One of those is the truth, another is a lie. :eusa_whistle:

Also notice: Obama rarely if ever uses the words "War on Terror" anymore.

Last edited:

lol, it is funny how you think that much less government would solve all our problems. It is not like things would all be better if we had no government.

The way I see it: too much government is bad, but too little government is also bad. I think it sucks either way.

Maybe it is because we have had too much incompetent people governing for the last 8 years, it kind of makes us think that government doesn't work.

But the reality is, no one can make government work the way Bush and Obama want it to work. No one can be smart enough to allocate resources properly and manage and run an economy-- the Soviets had tried doing that for decades before collapsing in almost the same way we're going to collapse.

I agree with you to an extent that too little government is bad, too, in the sense that anarchism would be good for us. However, the bulk of government should not be in Washington. The bulk of government should be in local or state governments, like the Constitution prescribes in Amendment 10. I sure want a government to protect my property, punish those that commit fraud and theft, see to it that people abide by contracts, ensure money doesn't devalue over time, and do things that preserve liberty. But that's the total opposite of what we have today. Funny enough, though, I think the federal government will go bankrupt, just looking at liabilities from medicare and social security alone, and we will be thrown in a temporary case of anarchy, as a result, which surely could've been avoided if we just followed the Constitution.

Key note for people: The truth and inciting fear are two different things.

Truth: The economy needs help now.

Inciting Fear: "Saddam has weapons of mass destruction, housing Al-Qaeda, buying yellow cake from Nigeria,etc."

One of those is the truth, another is a lie. :eusa_whistle:

Also notice: Obama rarely if ever uses the words "War on Terror" anymore.

cause the pansy assed freak has to kiss up to terrorists,, he can't use it..

The irony of all of this economic mess: And I admit "both" sides of the isle are at fault. Is that this started with government intervention into our banking system.

So here we all are watching in utter disbelief--that the same "idiots" (both sides of the isle) that got us into this mess are now going to fix it - & again with our hard earned tax dollars!

Barack Obama is a courageous and noble leader. He has high ideals. We need them in these troubled times we live in.

I don't remember anyone expecting Bush II to do shit in his first month of office. Obama is way ahead of the curve.

Barack Obama is a courageous and noble leader. He has high ideals. We need them in these troubled times we live in.

I don't remember anyone expecting Bush II to do shit in his first month of office. Obama is way ahead of the curve.

if he hasn't done anything yet , how can you say he is courageous and noble?

He isn't so noble as not to stoop to the same old fear mongering that every politicians always seem to fall back on when they want to assert more control over the people.

if he hasn't done anything yet , how can you say he is courageous and noble?

He isn't so noble as not to stoop to the same old fear mongering that every politicians always seem to fall back on when they want to assert more control over the people.

To have power is to abuse it.

It's not lost on me that Bush was in the WH eight months when 9-11 happened, but it was all Clinton's fault because, accroding to conservatives, Bush hadn't been in office long enough to deal with the problem. yet, here's Obama, not three weeks into his admin, and conservatives are already blaming him for everything under the sun. next thing ya know, they'll unearth evidence he killed the Lindbergh baby...

These people who so obviously loathe Obama really got nothing.

Look at the quality of their complaints, folks.

They're as empty as the head of the former POTUS who left this nation in the mess it is currently in.

Forum List

Back