Obama's ingauration speech very pleasing to conservative ears!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Well, I don't know what President Obama has learned from the current administration since November 4, but myself being a conservative was extremely relieved to listen to him today.

1. Put our petty differences aside: A slap in the mouth to Nancy Pelosi & her group of left wing nut cases, who recently indicated she wanted to investigate the Bush administration for war crimes.

2. Obama praised the "risk takers" in this country in reference to economic needs. So no--he's no corporate or business killer, with his words he is trying to stimulate those risk-takers. He also stated that our markets are the greatest wealth producers in the world--they just need oversight.

3. Responsiblity of individual Americans--He really hit on that one. Stating that the government cannot be the solution to everything--a part there of Ronald Reagan--.

4. This country is strong & determined by culture. Our enemies will never be able to "outlast" us because of our culture & he will defend us against foreign enemies. I really like his reference to George Washington in the battle of the Potomac.

5. I also liked his comments of George Bush & how he showed respect to him.

6. His statement that he will get rid of government programs that do not work, & install ones that do. "that bills within the government will be brought into the day-light." A very conservative approach. About time!

In essense, Barack Obama sounded much more conservative than he did on the campaign trail.

I wonder if the left wing nuts out there are really P.O'd about this?

Yeah, but do you really believe anything a politician says, especially Obama who now seems to be on both sides of every issue...

hehehehe

this is just to keep you fools settled until you are forced to become muslims.

"Put our petty differences aside"

What complete BS....Bill Pullman said this in independence day...A LITTLE CREATIVITY OBAMA! :)

Well guys--as you know I am a conservative. I really don't think he is going to be as bad as we thought of him during the campaign season. I mean I was scared to death of an Obama Presidency.

After listening to him today--it was like his thinking & strategy has changed dramatcially since November 4. Maybe it's because he has been endoctrinated as to what has really been going on?

At any rate, I think he is going to be a good President. That is, as long as he can keep the left wing nut cases at bay.

Well, I don't know what President Obama has learned from the current administration since November 4, but myself being a conservative was extremely relieved to listen to him today.

1. Put our petty differences aside: A slap in the mouth to Nancy Pelosi & her group of left wing nut cases, who recently indicated she wanted to investigate the Bush administration for war crimes.

2. Obama praised the "risk takers" in this country in reference to economic needs. So no--he's no corporate or business killer, with his words he is trying to stimulate those risk-takers. He also stated that our markets are the greatest wealth producers in the world--they just need oversight.

3. Responsiblity of individual Americans--He really hit on that one. Stating that the government cannot be the solution to everything--a part there of Ronald Reagan--.

4. This country is strong & determined by culture. Our enemies will never be able to "outlast" us because of our culture & he will defend us against foreign enemies. I really like his reference to George Washington in the battle of the Potomac.

6. His statement that he will get rid of government programs that do not work, & install ones that do. "that bills within the government will be brought into the day-light." A very conservative approach. About time!

In essense, Barack Obama sounded much more conservative than he did on the campaign trail.

I don't know what you expected. If you listened to Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, and 90% of the cons on this board maybe you were expecting him to cite the communist manifesto.

The only people that were calling obama a radical leftist were your misinformed buddies on the right.

In contrast, nearly every democrat I saw on this board said Obama was closer to a centrist, in the style of bill clinton.

I guess Cons were wrong. Again.

The loons are already disgusted. As they continue to interview mostly celebrities at the balls, once constant theme is "he is going to stop the wars", or "bring peace".

Well.... not according to him. He is going to adopt the current timeline in Iraq and re-deploy many of those troops to Afghanistan as he intends to bolster combat strength there by 20,000 troops in the coming month. No "peace" there.

Bush tax cuts will be left in place at least through 2011....that's got to goad the "soak the rich" crowd.

He's largely abandoned all hope for meaningful health care reform....no money to pay for it.

So yea, he's clearly no left wing loon as many on the far right are trying to predict.

We will see what he actually does. He's got the burden of impossible expectations, though.

Obama is a fraud .. and of course conservatives should be more than pleased given that he doesn't have a single liberal/progressive around him.

His economic team is composed of peoplewho supported the Bush economic policies, especially Larry Summers, who is more responsible for the financial collapse than any human on earth.

Conservatives should be happy .. it's those who voted for him taht got played.

Obama is a fraud .. and of course conservatives should be more than pleased given that he doesn't have a single liberal/progressive around him.

His economic team is composed of peoplewho supported the Bush economic policies, especially Larry Summers, who is more responsible for the financial collapse than any human on earth.

Conservatives should be happy .. it's those who voted for him taht got played.

You must be out of your mind. Did you hear his speech? Pretty blunt. You still can't tell that he is sincere. Someone must have really hurt you in the past. You're from GA. Perhaps it was Carter? :lol:

The days of the government working for narrow interests are over. That was directed at George Bush. If Obama wasn't sincere, he wouldn't have said it.

Now instead of a White House working against us, we have a White House working for us.

No Green or Libertarian is going to ever win and then do better than Obama will. What makes you think they could get elected without "selling out"?

Not a single progressive/liberal around him? So what? I thought HE was the liberal? Or do you only call him that when it is convienent to do so?

I've been telling you guys forever, there is no left vs right wing agenda. Only right vs wrong. The RIGHT is wrong if you are middle class or poor. Basically the GOP is wrong for anyone who has to work to make a living. If your money works for you and you don't have to work, then you are GOP.

Everyone else falls under Democrat.

But I think it is good that you guys go Green or Libertarian. It keeps the GOP and Dems on their toes. They can't take us for granted, because there is another option. If it were just the two parties, I would only have one option. So I'm glad you greenies and libertards are around. :eusa_shhh:

But your skepticism is over the top. Chill out and watch. You are going to be proven wrong over and over again. May as well not say anything else you will regret. :eusa_shhh:

You must be out of your mind. Did you hear his speech? Pretty blunt. You still can't tell that he is sincere. Someone must have really hurt you in the past. You're from GA. Perhaps it was Carter? :lol:

The days of the government working for narrow interests are over. That was directed at George Bush. If Obama wasn't sincere, he wouldn't have said it.

Now instead of a White House working against us, we have a White House working for us.

No Green or Libertarian is going to ever win and then do better than Obama will. What makes you think they could get elected without "selling out"?

Not a single progressive/liberal around him? So what? I thought HE was the liberal? Or do you only call him that when it is convienent to do so?

I've been telling you guys forever, there is no left vs right wing agenda. Only right vs wrong. The RIGHT is wrong if you are middle class or poor. Basically the GOP is wrong for anyone who has to work to make a living. If your money works for you and you don't have to work, then you are GOP.

But I think it is good that you guys go Green or Libertarian. It keeps the GOP and Dems on their toes. They can't take us for granted, because there is another option. If it were just the two parties, I would only have one option. So I'm glad you greenies and libertards are around. :eusa_shhh:

But your skepticism is over the top. Chill out and watch. You are going to be proven wrong over and over again. May as well not say anything else you will regret. :eusa_shhh:

Obama is just a politician.

I don't expect any miracles from him. If he ends the iraq war, closes Gitmo, stops torturing, protects a woman's right to choose, and finally makes this country pro-active on climate change and green energy that's a hundred per cent better than the last eight years.

But, the thing about politicians is they only make fundamental changes in reaction to public pressure. The universal healthcare thing, our fucked up trade policies, and the rape of the middle class are probably only going to be addressed in a meaningful way if people demand it. One politician by himself can't do shit. And probably won't.

Obama is just a politician.

But, the thing about politicians is they only make fundamental changes in reaction to public pressure. The universal healthcare thing, our fucked up trade policies, and the rape of the middle class are probably only going to be addressed in a meaningful way if people demand it. One politician by himself can't do shit. And probably won't.

I must agree with you. But people like BlackasCoal suggest he doesn't want to solve our problems. I agree with you that he might not be able to fix everything, but I do believe he wants to. That's the biggest difference right there. A White House that works for us, not against us.

And you are right that it is up to us. For example, too many worker bees argue that a company should be able to fire us at will, break unions, they should be able to cut our wages at will, should be able to hire illegals and that they should be allowed to go overseas for cheaper labor wages.

If that is labor's attitude, then there is nothing Obama can do about it.

Like the one thing I didn't like about Obama's speech. He said something about everyone at a company taking a paycut so people don't get laid off. Fuck that! Corporations would love that. THey'll just give their ceo's too much $ so they show a loss and then ask the employees to take the hit. FUCK THAT!!

The loons are already disgusted. As they continue to interview mostly celebrities at the balls, once constant theme is "he is going to stop the wars", or "bring peace".

Well.... not according to him. He is going to adopt the current timeline in Iraq and re-deploy many of those troops to Afghanistan as he intends to bolster combat strength there by 20,000 troops in the coming month. No "peace" there.

Bush tax cuts will be left in place at least through 2011....that's got to goad the "soak the rich" crowd.

He's largely abandoned all hope for meaningful health care reform....no money to pay for it.

So yea, he's clearly no left wing loon as many on the far right are trying to predict.

We will see what he actually does. He's got the burden of impossible expectations, though.

It's pretty amazing how his views have changed in the past 2 months...

I think you're right about everything you say... Although I never thought Obama was going to go off like the left-wing nutjob that the right claimed he would be.

Personally, I appreciate your giving him a chance. I hope he turns out to be a very good president. It would benefit all of us.

Don't toss your man-love for Obama on me dude. He is a fraud, owned by Wall Street. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

It's pretty amazing how his views have changed in the past 2 months...

I didn't hear him say anything different than he said during the campaign. I think you cons want to claim he's somehow "come around" to your way of thinking because you ALWAYS want to take credit for things when they go right and you KNOW that he's going to make huge improvements in this country and you want to be able to say it's because he's more conservative than liberal, just like you did with Clinton.

Obama has always talked about the spirit of cooperation and bi-partisanship. He has always talked about defending this country and taking personal responsibility.

You cons were so busy listening to Fox News and their interpretation of his words that you never really paid attention to what he was actually saying because he's been saying this all along.

It's about time you all opened your ears and paid attention.

Don't toss your man-love for Obama on me dude. He is a fraud, owned by Wall Street. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I think I know what I'm talking about.

I've been following politics very closely for 24 some years and I can tell right from wrong. I was spot on about GW Bush.

As for all the evil people you claim are now working for/pulling Obama's strings, lets wait and see if they work for him/us or if he works for them.

As the one person earlier said. We don't know how much Obama will be capable of doing. Special interest runs Washington. All they have to do is pay off the Republicans to obstruct progress/filabuster/vote against what Obama & Reed & Pelosi want.

But I do worry you are right. I am not willing to bet my life on what I am saying. I HOPE you are wrong. Can't say you are though so stay tuned. Only time will tell.

New Topics

Forum List

Back