Obama's "I inherited this mess" excuse vs reality

but of course reagan policies allowed the clinton years lol.....

i love the logic of conservatives and republicans.....never their fault...never

Ummm i've consistantly stated I have respect for Clinton because he massively reduced the defecit with the help of congress.

That B.S. doesn't work in MY thread bones ;) Now if I had been running around saying what you claim then, well, yeah its an excellent point. But in relation to me, the person who made the thread, your claim of my opinion of clinton's budget is innacurate.

Last edited:
yes they were.

I fixed the OP to reflect that properly. Lucky for me it didn't change the point :)

oh, it did.

classic case of confirmation bias.

did you read the ENTIRE post.
I think you missed this part in the first post (which is unedited in your quote)

my original post said:
If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

As you can see it was accurate later, its the 06 thing that was off and its been fixed so now do you have any comments relating to non-typo related items?

i just edited my post to reprimand your post. it still says january 2006. sorry, that is such a basic error, i did not even try to read further.

when the 2006 midterm elections were a dem sweep, i knew the only way to interpret it for anti-dems, was to blame the dems for everything happening from nov. 2006 on, no, not jan 2007, with your post, it metastasized to jan 2006.
i think you are one of the more intelligent and reasonable guys on this board, but i have no patience to examinate anything in good faith when the basic data is crooked, or retarded.

oh, it did.

classic case of confirmation bias.

I think you missed this part in the first post (which is unedited in your quote)

my original post said:
If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.

As you can see it was accurate later, its the 06 thing that was off and its been fixed so now do you have any comments relating to non-typo related items?

i just edited my post to reprimand your post. it still says january 2006. sorry, that is such a basic error, i did not even try to read further.

when the 2006 midterm elections were a dem sweep, i knew the only way to interpret it for anti-dems, was to blame the dems for everything happening from nov. 2006 on, no, not jan 2007, with your post, it metastasized to jan 2006.
i think you are one of the more intelligent and reasonable guys on this board, but i have no patience to examinate anything in good faith when the basic data is crooked, or retarded.

Dude I had the dates wrong and tried to fix it for you so lets move onto the topic.

Now that the "basic" data is relevant....oh forget it you dont obviously didn't want to adress the topic just the error I repeated and have now corrected.

I'll carry on with the others.

Dude I had the dates wrong and tried to fix it for you so lets move onto the topic.

Now that the "basic" data is relevant....oh forget it you dont obviously didn't want to adress the topic just the error I repeated and have now corrected.

actually i think it is still wrong on the data, i do believe the FY 2007 budget was done in 2006 by the Repub congress
i know they can make changes to it during the actual fiscal year, but the budget should have been passed in the fall of the previous year

yeah, inheriting a mess does not depend on a timeline, you disingenuous weasel.
2006, 2007, 2008, it is all relative, as long as you can blame it on obama.

what happened to you. tea party over?

Oh so DID vote for those budgets, thanks for agreeing and providing a lot of extra info modbert.

:razz:

You missed the point. There are a lot of things I don't like that President Bush did in office. In fact, probably a majority of the things he did I didn't like. However, TARP and the bailouts prevented a 2nd depression. In the long run, it worked out and that's a good thing.

actually i think it is still wrong on the data, i do believe the FY 2007 budget was done in 2006 by the Repub congress
i know they can make changes to it during the actual fiscal year, but the budget should have been passed in the fall of the previous year

It says that in the original and did from the beginning...see L.K.'s quote or the OP ;)

Oh so DID vote for those budgets, thanks for agreeing and providing a lot of extra info modbert.

:razz:

You missed the point. There are a lot of things I don't like that President Bush did in office. In fact, probably a majority of the things he did I didn't like. However, TARP and the bailouts prevented a 2nd depression. In the long run, it worked out and that's a good thing.

I got your point i was just : razzing : :razz: you ;)

Obama DID vote for the last 2 fiscal years of budgets he is dealing with. Its dishonest of him to claim it wasn't anything to do with him. Which was my point ;)

Obama DID vote for the last 2 fiscal years of budgets he is dealing with. Its dishonest of him to claim it wasn't anything to do with him. Which was my point ;)

I understand that part. :lol:

But the mess isn't just from 2007-2009. ;)

i am satisfied, that now, after a lot of prodding, your initial post says january 2007.

eine schwere geburt.

a difficult birth

LOL If i noticed it in my super fast edit the first time i would have changed it then ;)

You have to admit the paragraph from the end I quoted you did have it right that the last budget that can be laid on the repubs heads is 2007.

Wanna try to talk about it civily now? I will ignore your insult from a few posts b thread either way.

The economy would be exactly the same with a Republican congress and Republican president.

It has little to do with laws passed by congress and a lot to do with the boom-bust cycle created by the Federal Reserve. Numerous economists were warning that the boom during the Bush administration and Republican congress were nothing more than a bubble. It would soon pop. Low interest rates cannot be sustained. While Rush and Hannity and numerous other talking heads kept telling us that the economy was great the economists who understood the role the Federal Reserve plays in creating bubbles told us that the bubble would pop, it was only a matter of time. They were proven 100% correct, and it has nothing to do with R's and D's and the Dog and Pony show in DC.

I understand that part. :lol:

But the mess isn't just from 2007-2009. ;)

you dont really wanna take that ride all the way back to when the problems started...well the big problems anyway :)

Here is the biggest catalyst of the problems we are facing today and have been facing for many many years, in my opinion.

492px-President_Woodrow_Wilson_portrait_December_2_1912.jpg

wiki said:
In his first term, Wilson persuaded a Democratic Congress to pass the Federal Reserve Act,[3] Federal Trade Commission, the Clayton Antitrust Act, the Federal Farm Loan Act and America's first-ever federal progressive income tax in the Revenue Act of 1913. Wilson brought many white Southerners into his administration, and tolerated their expansion of segregation in many federal agencies.[4][5]

Last edited:
i am satisfied, that now, after a lot of prodding, your initial post says january 2007.

eine schwere geburt.

a difficult birth

LOL If i noticed it in my super fast edit the first time i would have changed it then ;)

You have to admit the paragraph from the end I quoted you did have it right that the last budget that can be laid on the repubs heads is 2007.

Wanna try to talk about it civily now? I will ignore your insult from a few posts b thread either way.

hey, don't act weaselly if you don't want to get called weaselly.
i complimented you before, but i am rather suspicious, a lot of normally reasonable posters turn rabid. but i can handle insults, so that is no problem.

i will not be moved on the "heritage". 2008 pres winner was in for a ride. i was saying poor obama, why does he even try to get that shitty job. his job is to clean up. and he does not do it well.

you dont really wanna take that ride all the way back to when the problems started...well the big problems anyway :)

Here is the biggest catalyst of the problems we are facing today and have been facing for many many years, in my opinion.

492px-President_Woodrow_Wilson_portrait_December_2_1912.jpg

Woodrow was a bad President for sure. I can go back even further though! :lol:

In all seriousness, our national debt has gone up so much since the Reagan Administration. It was under Reagan that the whole idea that "Deficits don't matter" as his minor whip Dick Cheney would later comment. That's where you can point in modern times and say things really got out of control.

Woodrow was a bad President for sure. I can go back even further though! :lol:

In all seriousness, our national debt has gone up so much since the Reagan Administration. It was under Reagan that the whole idea that "Deficits don't matter" as his minor whip Dick Cheney would later comment. That's where you can point in modern times and say things really got out of control.

yeah I think reagan was dumb with his defecits for sure. I was too young to care at the time he was president but later when I do care I dont like it.

I threw a quick paragraph under Wilson's picture to explain a few of what I didn't like about him

1) Federal Reserve
2) Progressive tax system
3) Segregation

Forum List

Back