Obama's hope and change? The real facts of the Stimulas.

Really?

So you can insult the military and still take their money and con them into buying from you .... yet just recycling a few cans lets you sleep at night.

I never insulted the miltary.

And don't insult what I do.

I work seven days a week to pay for healthcare for my GF and keep us afloat. I never have a day off.

At more than 20 posts per day, I'd say you have plenty of spare time on your hands. I doubt you're working that hard Chris.

Of course he doesn't. He's a parasite.

Really? Where did the stimulus money come from then? The government either borrowed, taxed, or inflated. In scenario one people are going to be taxed for it eventually, in scenario two they're being taxed, and in scenario three their currency loses value and can buy less. That means that the people have less wealth and some other industry is going to suffer for that. Maybe the tax that paid for your share of the stimulus would have went to buying a book or even a home. That means the bookseller or the other realtor lost business.

You know I wonder how many people will singing praises to the almighty OB when this inflation hits. Mortgage rates are already going up in anticipation of it.

They can give as many tax breaks as they want for the purchase of homes, but in the long run, it's not going to do much good. We are facing a demographic change where our population is aging. Those retirees will soon begin selling off their homes in droves, and there just won't be enough new buyers to spur any new growth in the housing market. Prices will remain deflated for the next ten to twenty years, and new home construction will be minimal at best.

Any way you look at this, we are in for a long downturn. I'd plan on 10% unemployment being the new norm for quite some time, unless we rely on much greater immigration. Of course, we already know what kind of immigration has been taking place over the last thirty years, and we don't need that type of immigration any longer. Just like Europe, we cannot afford to allow only the poor to immigrate.

Really? Where did the stimulus money come from then? The government either borrowed, taxed, or inflated. In scenario one people are going to be taxed for it eventually, in scenario two they're being taxed, and in scenario three their currency loses value and can buy less. That means that the people have less wealth and some other industry is going to suffer for that. Maybe the tax that paid for your share of the stimulus would have went to buying a book or even a home. That means the bookseller or the other realtor lost business.

You know I wonder how many people will singing praises to the almighty OB when this inflation hits. Mortgage rates are already going up in anticipation of it.

They can give as many tax breaks as they want for the purchase of homes, but in the long run, it's not going to do much good. We are facing a demographic change where our population is aging. Those retirees will soon begin selling off their homes in droves, and there just won't be enough new buyers to spur any new growth in the housing market. Prices will remain deflated for the next ten to twenty years, and new home construction will be minimal at best.

Any way you look at this, we are in for a long downturn. I'd plan on 10% unemployment being the new norm for quite some time, unless we rely on much greater immigration. Of course, we already know what kind of immigration has been taking place over the last thirty years, and we don't need that type of immigration any longer. Just like Europe, we cannot afford to allow only the poor to immigrate.

As long as the population continues to increase, there will be demand for homes.

If the population starts to decrease, then the demand will go down.

So as long as people keep having sex, we are ok.

Forum List

Back