Obama's Healthcare Arrogance

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
It appears, despite attempts by Republicans to reach common ground on the healthcare debate with the presidetn, the Obama White House has refused any meetings with the opposition on the issue.

GOP leaders sent the president a letter as far back as May asking to meet with him and forge some "common ground" regarding the issue, but to date, the White House has refused to accept any such meeting.

Hope and Change indeed...

Boehner: GOP leaders haven't met Obama for health talks since April - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

If you want to see Obama arrogance, just wait until his big speech tonight... I'm sure it will be a dog and pony show like no other has been seen before. I'm going to attach the bullshit filters to my ears before I watch it. If I do that though, I won't hear anything said!

If you want to see Obama arrogance, just wait until his big speech tonight... I'm sure it will be a dog and pony show like no other has been seen before. I'm going to attach the bullshit filters to my ears before I watch it. If I do that though, I won't hear anything said!

There will be his speech - and there will be the concerted effort by the media to spin said speech into "one of the most dramatic policy speeches in the history of the nation" or something similar...

It appears, despite attempts by Republicans to reach common ground on the healthcare debate with the presidetn, the Obama White House has refused any meetings with the opposition on the issue.

Edit: Whoops, my bad. The analogy I originally presented wasn't really right for this thread. Still with asswipes like Grassley and Enzi as part of the opposition's "negotiators", this part still stands:

'Bout time the Prez wised up.

Last edited:
On the morning of a major address to Congress on health care, President Obama admitted that he had made some mistakes in the reform debate.

"I, out of an effort to give Congress the ability to do their thing and not step on their toes, probably left too much ambiguity out there, which allowed then opponents of reform to come in and to fill up the airwaves with a lot of nonsense," Obama told ABC's Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America."

Referencing rumors about health care for illegal immigrants, "death panels" or a "government takeover," he added, "Moving things through Congress is always a messy process. We've got five committees with jurisdiction. That means there are five different bills. I think the public wasn't clear exactly what was what."

How arrogant of him to admit the error of his ways, eh?

:D

Obama: I "Probably Left Too Much Ambiguity" (VIDEO)

On the morning of a major address to Congress on health care, President Obama admitted that he had made some mistakes in the reform debate.

"I, out of an effort to give Congress the ability to do their thing and not step on their toes, probably left too much ambiguity out there, which allowed then opponents of reform to come in and to fill up the airwaves with a lot of nonsense," Obama told ABC's Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America."

Referencing rumors about health care for illegal immigrants, "death panels" or a "government takeover," he added, "Moving things through Congress is always a messy process. We've got five committees with jurisdiction. That means there are five different bills. I think the public wasn't clear exactly what was what."

How arrogant of him to admit the error of his ways, eh?

:D

Obama: I "Probably Left Too Much Ambiguity" (VIDEO)

The arrogance is his refusal to meet with Republican leaders for 5 months on an issue that Obama himself described as being "of critical importance".

You could also add lazy to his sins as well.

Or it is possible Obama does not meet with other DC leaders because he does not have the real intellectual capacity to do so - that he is a speech reader, and little else?

Perhaps all of the above...

The arrogance is his refusal to meet with Republican leaders for 5 months on an issue that Obama himself described as being "of critical importance".

Or it is possible Obama does not meet with other DC leaders because he does not have the real intellectual capacity to do so - that he is a speech reader, and little else?

After the way Republicans treated the Stimulus and then turned around trying to take credit for it in their own states, I can't exactly blame Obama. Why would he want to talk to a bunch of liars who don't want any sort of bill passed? They're on all the take anyways, so I'm not sure why you think any meetings would make a difference.

Also, accusing Obama of being a "speech writer and little else" is low of even you. However, it's not unsurprising.

After the way Republicans treated the Stimulus and then turned around trying to take credit for it in their own states, I can't exactly blame Obama. Why would he want to talk to a bunch of liars who don't want any sort of bill passed? They're on all the take anyways, so I'm not sure why you think any meetings would make a difference.

Also, accusing Obama of being a "speech writer and little else" is low of even you. However, it's not unsurprising.

It is a possibility - Obama has yet to show any ability to actually lead.

Perhaps tonight he will begin to change that, but up to this point, he has deferred largely to Pelosi and Reid, and that has only contributed more greatly to his drop in approval numbers...

Perhaps tonight he will begin to change that, but up to this point, he has deferred largely to Pelosi and Reid, and that has only contributed more greatly to his drop in approval numbers...

Obama has been too busy playing with the kid gloves on. I can't believe I would say this (like Maher once said) he needs a little Dubya in him. He needs to be more smug and arrogant if that's what it takes for him to get the motivation to pass the important stuff through.

Obama has been too busy playing with the kid gloves on. I can't believe I would say this (like Maher once said) he needs a little Dubya in him. He needs to be more smug and arrogant if that's what it takes for him to get the motivation to pass the important stuff through.

No - he has been plenty smug and arrogant.

What he needs is a spine and a willingness to take determination and turn it into actual results.

Obama has been lazy - your post admits as much with the kid gloves comment.

He has has a media do much of his work for him in getting elected. He was never a Senator of substantive results at either that federal or state level - a glossy super star, but not one who actually achieved.

His first 8 months as president have seen a persistent decline in his approval numbers - even Democrats are now turning against him.

As said earlier, perhaps tonight he will show the capacity to lead - but judging by the excerpts of his speech I have read, it appears more of the same generalized, lofty yet empty rhetoric that the country grows increasingly bored with...

Negotiation means....."If we include what you want.....you will vote for the bill" Republicans already have indicated they will vote against any healthcare bill. Obama placated the republicans and included their provisions in the stimulus, only to have every republican vote against it.

Like President Bush said..

Fool me once, shame on you......Fool me twice....um....um.......won't be fooled again

Negotiation means....."If we include what you want.....you will vote for the bill" Republicans already have indicated they will vote against any healthcare bill. Obama placated the republicans and included their provisions in the stimulus, only to have every republican vote against it.

Like President Bush said..

Fool me once, shame on you......Fool me twice....um....um.......won't be fooled again

Incorrect - you either intentionally lie, or speak of things you know nothing about.

Republicans are not against healthcare reform - they are primarily against state-run healthcare...

Republicans are not against healthcare reform - they are primarily against state-run healthcare...

Unless it's Medicare. Then they pretend they were never against it and act like they're its protectors against the big, bad Dems to get themselves in good with old people.

Unless it's Medicare. Then they pretend they were never against it and act like they're its protectors against the big, bad Dems to get themselves in good with old people.

Again not true - Medicare is in dire need of overhaul as well....

GOP leaders sent the president a letter as far back as May asking to meet with him and forge some "common ground" regarding the issue, but to date, the White House has refused to accept any such meeting.

Hope and Change indeed...

Boehner: GOP leaders haven't met Obama for health talks since April - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

What do you expect? Since April, the GOP has been doing nothing but spreading lies about healthcare reform. They haven't had time to meet at the WH. But that's OK. Obama called them out tonight. We'll see how Grassley handles himself from here. Let's hope he doesn't take pointers from Joe Wilson.

He deferred to Queen Nan again, according to Barry August never happened and he wants all that Nan originally wrote out.

What a mess this is, and what an ineffective POTUS we have.

I want Boehner to release BOTH letters.

I want to see letter and what was said, and the "tersely worded letter" Boehner said was received.

Let see if that happens.

Forum List

Back