Obama's health "care" means we will take "care" of you...

I am more than happy to pay taxes to help the needy although, I believe we should be giving a hand up rather than a hand out.
Just out of curiosity, Immie, if some elderly people can't afford to support themselves and are too ill to work (and not likely to improve much in their health), how do we give them a hand up?

I am more than happy to pay taxes to help the needy although, I believe we should be giving a hand up rather than a hand out.
Just out of curiosity, Immie, if some elderly people can't afford to support themselves and are too ill to work (and not likely to improve much in their health), how do we give them a hand up?

There is a point in time when that hand up simply means a hand out. I'm not denying that. And I have no problem with hand outs when people are no longer capable of supporting themselves.

What bothers me are capable people who take advantage of the situation.

Immie

There is a point in time when that hand up simply means a hand out. I'm not denying that. And I have no problem with hand outs when people are no longer capable of supporting themselves.

Seems fair enough to me. Although I'd watch out for the guardians of the ideology around here who'll start screaming that you're a liberal for saying this... :lol:

Seems fair enough to me. Although I'd watch out for the guardians of the ideology around here who'll start screaming that you're a liberal for saying this... :lol:

Yeah... well, I've been called worse. Give me an hour or so and I'll think of something worse I've been called. :lol:

And by the way, I typically say a prayer over each post that those guardians won't read these threads. So far... so good. :)

Immie

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back