Obama's health "care" means we will take "care" of you...

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
I heard this on the radio this a.m......per Michelle Bachman (R-MN)....Obama's thousand page health care plan includes a mandated checkup for seniors beginning at the age of 55...which includes.....get this....."end of life" counseling....

....along with Obama's plan to include abortion in his heath "care" plan (i.e., we will take "care" of you) it appears the real plan is to kill off the more costly people.....both young and old....

...also....considering that under this plan a government official....not your doctor....would have the ultimate decision-making power....

....this is plainly nothing more than evil on the march....:evil:

Isn't it the duty of the old to die? Under Obama's plan it is.
Kind of reminds me of "Soylent Green."

One step at a time...not too many on the left will risk agreeing publicly with the concept....thus you won't find much in the media....but there are a few...

Former Governor of Colorado Richard Lamm thinks so....

People in Europe (whom the left wants to copy) think so....

Old people with dementia have a duty to die and should be pushed towards death, says Baroness Warnock
September 18, 2008

Old people with dementia have a duty to die and should be pushed towards death, says Baroness Warnock.

She insisted there was "nothing wrong" with people being helped to die for the sake of their loved ones or society.

The 84-year-old added that she hoped people will soon be "licensed to put others down" if they are unable to look after themselves.

Her comments in a magazine interview have been condemned as "immoral" and "barbaric", but also sparked fears that they may find wider support because of her influence on ethical matters.

Lady Warnock, a former headmistress who went on to become Britain's leading moral philosopher, chaired a landmark Government committee in the 1980s that established the law on fertility treatment and embryo research.

A prominent supporter of euthanasia, she has previously suggested that pensioners who do not want to become a burden on their carers should be helped to die.

Last year the Mental Capacity Act came into effect that gives legal force to "living wills", so patients can appoint an "attorney" to tell doctors when their hospital food and water should be removed.

But in her latest interview, given to the Church of Scotland's magazine Life and Work, Lady Warnock goes further by claiming that dementia sufferers should consider ending their lives through euthanasia because of the strain they put on their families and public services.

Recent figures show there are 700,000 people with degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's in Britain. By 2026 experts predict there will be one million dementia sufferers in the country, costing the NHS an estimated £35billion a year.

Lady Warnock said: "If you're demented, you're wasting people's lives – your family's lives – and you're wasting the resources of the National Health Service.

Read more: Old people with dementia have a duty to die and should be pushed towards death, says Baroness Warnock | Mail Online

Just as freedom of speech includes the freedom not to speak, so does an individual's right to life include the right to die. The only ones who fight that are the "religious" extremists.

That being said, why would anyone want to lie around with dementia in a nursing home for 20 years, if they could make a living will beforehand that licenses someone to let them die with a little dignity?

Just as freedom of speech includes the freedom not to speak, so does an individual's right to life include the right to die. The only ones who fight that are the "religious" extremists.

That being said, why would anyone want to lie around with dementia in a nursing home for 20 years, if they could make a living will beforehand that licenses someone to let them die with a little dignity?

I would have answered that, but I'm on your ignore list. :lol:

I wouldn't want to lie around like that, but neither do I want to be perfectly healthy at 68 and have them tell me that for the good of the country I have to go to sleep permanently because Social Security doesn't want to support me and I have been forced into retirement and I didn't run for Congress so I don't have a pension built for a king.

Immie

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to lie around like that, but neither do I want to be perfectly healthy at 68 and have them tell me that for the good of the country I have to go to sleep permanently because Social Security doesn't want to support me and I have been forced into retirement and I didn't run for Congress so I don't have a pension built for a king.

I completely agree: and if you're perfectly healthy at 68, you should have no reason not to go out and earn a living, along with all the other perfectly healthy people out there.

Bullshit. It's wrong and immoral to pressure old people who are vulnerable to off thtemselves.

For one thing, as anyone who has worked with people with dementia, there are varying degrees of it, and most people suffering from dementia still lead productive lives and remain a positive influence on their families.

Bullshit. It's wrong and immoral to pressure old people who are vulnerable to off thtemselves.

For one thing, as anyone who has worked with people with dementia, there are varying degrees of it, and most people suffering from dementia still lead productive lives and remain a positive influence on their families.

Learn to read. I was talking about people being able to make living wills BEFORE they get dementia. Such wills talk about just how bad one's dementia has to get before someone else gets power of attorney.

And a government bureaucrat is the perfect choice for making those decisions..... :cuckoo:

I completely agree: and if you're perfectly healthy at 68, you should have no reason not to go out and earn a living, along with all the other perfectly healthy people out there.

That's true... but have you ever thought about how difficult it is for a healthy 68 year old to get a job? Employers don't want to hire someone that they believe could croak any day now. They tend to hire people who are younger simply because they figure that a 68 year old will be retiring soon anyway and who wants to hire and train someone that will only be working for another couple of years at best. Walmart is to be excluded from that, but then Walmart doesn't pay the elderly man who greets shoppers much anyway.

It seems that you are pretty young and maybe you haven't thought about preparing for the downturn in your career, but eventually it happens.

Immie

There's much more to this than Obama's desire to provide health care to all Americans. Start thinking for yourself and watch what is going on. Remember you heard it here first.

That's true... but have you ever thought about how difficult it is for a healthy 68 year old to get a job? Employers don't want to hire someone that they believe could croak any day now. They tend to hire people who are younger simply because they figure that a 68 year old will be retiring soon anyway and who wants to hire and train someone that will only be working for another couple of years at best. Walmart is to be excluded from that, but then Walmart doesn't pay the elderly man who greets shoppers much anyway.

It seems that you are pretty young and maybe you haven't thought about preparing for the downturn in your career, but eventually it happens.
It depends on your career, Immie. If you want to be a NASCAR driver, of course you won't be as competitve at age 68, even if you are perfectly healthy. OTOH, there are many careers where a long, impressive track record remains an asset no matter how old you get, such as writing or academia.

People in careers that turn downward with age need to start exploring other options years before that downturn happens.

And a government bureaucrat is the perfect choice for making those decisions..... :cuckoo:
Did I say that? Nooooooo...... :hmpf:

It depends on your career, Immie. If you want to be a NASCAR driver, of course you won't be as competitve at age 68, even if you are perfectly healthy. OTOH, there are many careers where a long, impressive track record remains an asset no matter how old you get, such as writing or academia.

People in careers that turn downward with age need to start exploring other options years before that downturn happens.

:cuckoo: Oh brother.....

With that I agree.

However, the vast majority of people are not in careers, nor do they have the track records you discuss to keep themselves employed beyond their "prime". That leaves the vast majority of people being told... "good night".

Immie

With that I agree.

However, the vast majority of people are not in careers, nor do they have the track records you discuss to keep themselves employed beyond their "prime". That leaves the vast majority of people being told... "good night".
That's an interesting dilemma, because now we're talking about the working-class and the poor.

According to many of the so-called "conservatives" here, this makes us damned if we do and damned if we don't. The government is a bunch of liberal ninnies paying the expenses of these unemployable old people and spending even more money they don't have, OR it's a Soylent Green-style dicatorship if it doesn't pay those expenses. :cuckoo:

I'd like to see these ideologues make up their minds for a change, and enlighten us on what the "right" thing to do is.

With that I agree.

That's an interesting dilemma, because now we're talking about the working-class and the poor.

According to many of the so-called "conservatives" here, this makes us damned if we do and damned if we don't. The government is a bunch of liberal ninnies paying the expenses of these unemployable old people and spending even more money they don't have, OR it's a Soylent Green-style dicatorship if it doesn't pay those expenses. :cuckoo:

I'd like to see these ideologues make up their minds for a change, and enlighten us on what the "right" thing to do is.

The right thing to do?

My personal opinion is to err on the side of life.

At this time in my life, I no longer trust the leaders in my government to make the best decisions. I have lost faith in Washington. I am concerned that the Soylent Green scenario is not so far fetched.

I am more than happy to pay taxes to help the needy although, I believe we should be giving a hand up rather than a hand out. I'm not opposed to things like Welfare for the needy... but don't get me started on Welfare for the lazy!

Immie

Immie
It's hard for me to believe that you believe that such a scenario might exist.
But then, some are Birthers, some think the world is 6,000 years old .. go figure

Immie
It's hard for me to believe that you believe that such a scenario might exist.
But then, some are Birthers, some think the world is 6,000 years old .. go figure

Yeah, and then there are some who believe Obama is the second coming of Christ... go figure. ;)

Immie

New Topics

Forum List

Back