Obama's Health Care Lie

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Many Americans will NOT be able to continue with their current health care plan.

Obama persists in repeating this lie, and the mainstream media is complicit in allowing it to happen...

Townhall.com::Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
The President's Biggest Whopper and MSM's Complicity In Serving It Up, Again and Again
Posted by: Hugh Hewitt at 9:53 AM

President Obama did it again yesterday, "guaranteeing" Americans that if they liked their health insurance, they could keep it. (Exact quote: "Here's a guarantee that I've made: If you have insurance that you like, then you will be able to keep that insurance. If you've got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor.") This is obviously, almost absurdly not true, but still the president repeats it again and again, probably because he knows that if Americans genuinely understood the threat to their existing insurance posed by his plan, they would pursue their representatives and senators with a fury that would kill the plan off immediately.

I asked Washington Post reporter and CNN host Howard Kurtz about his yesterday:

HH: And so do you think it’s spin or something worse when he tells, when he assures the American people, looks them in the eye and says "you can keep your insurance if you like it," that’s just not right, Howard. It’s not true.

HK: Well, I think, you know, he’s trying to say, as Bill Clinton I can remember saying very much the same thing during the ’93-’94 Hillarycare debate, you can still see your own doctor, and you can, you know, we’re not going to force you into another plan. But if you want to make the point that some employers may bail out of this, or that other changes may come that some people may not find, that they may find discomforting, I think that’s a fair point. I do think that point has been made in some of the news analysis. I don’t think that we’ve pressed it enough as we’ve gotten down to the details here.

(The complete transcript of our conversation is here.)

Howard is understating the complete failure of the MSM to push this most important point in the debate. The president's plan will force millions of Americans who have and highly value good insurance plans into the government plan with all its certain imperfections. The government plan is as yet unwritten and there is no way the president or the media can conclude it will allow people to keep the doctors they like or get the services they currently enjoy.

This is a huge fraud on the public, perpetrated by the president, and abetted by the MSM that regularly gathers at conferences to talk to each other about their duties as journalists.

If you want to help stop the fraud, sign on to the petition to block Obamacare, and send the link t your families, friends and colleagues.

Email It | Print It

Forum List

Back