Obama's Head Bump

I'm ok with laughing at him for hitting his head. ;o)

I would laugh at myself for doing it if it were me.

as far as the salute issue, honest, I don't know enough on the subject to have an opinion about it. but i do suggest they wouldn't be whining if it were a right wing pres doing it.

and eisenhower might have had the right idea given that he was a military guy. but again, i don't know enough about the subject.

no president before reagan returned salutes from the military, including eisenhower. reagan started it and now they all do it. the left criticized reagan for it at the time, FWIW.

i think it's wrong, but it's also about halfway down a long list of things i don't care about. :lol:

Reagan seemed to care a lot about the show after all he was an actor in a previous life.

I think I d go with Eisenhower too, he was a military man in his previous life so he probably knows best. I still find it a bit weird to see a guy in civilian clothing give salutes, I always thought it belonged to the military. The president may be commander in Chief, but he is the president of the American people in the first place.

Constitutionally those are one and the same.

Not to be rude - but what is your level of education?

no president before reagan returned salutes from the military, including eisenhower. reagan started it and now they all do it. the left criticized reagan for it at the time, FWIW.

i think it's wrong, but it's also about halfway down a long list of things i don't care about. :lol:

Reagan seemed to care a lot about the show after all he was an actor in a previous life.

I think I d go with Eisenhower too, he was a military man in his previous life so he probably knows best. I still find it a bit weird to see a guy in civilian clothing give salutes, I always thought it belonged to the military. The president may be commander in Chief, but he is the president of the American people in the first place.

I don't see how that matters, but it is a university-level.

It is a commentary regarding the state of our education system.

What level?

And what university?

And again, I am not being rude here. It is one of my personal areas of experience.

What level?

And what university?

And again, I am not being rude here. It is one of my personal areas of experience.

No, I see where you re trying to go with this and it has nothing to do with this argument. (No offense but I d rather not put all my personal information on the net.)

You see a president is a politician and not a military man (at least in most cases), so I find it "inappropriate" for a "civilian" to give salutes. No disrespect, but that is how I feel about it.

Last edited:

What level?

And what university?

No, I see where you trying to go with this and it has nothing to do with this argument.

You see a president is a politician and not a military man (at least in most cases), so I find it "inappropriate" for a "civilian" to give salutes. No disrespect, but that is how I feel about it.

That is fine to hold such an opinion - you were simply basing it on an incomplete understanding o the Office of President that I wished to follow up with.

Carry on...

he remains out of office for those who are wondering.

I'd bet the crew was proud to have him aboard, and he geared up as was expected of him. And since its so obvious appearances count so much to him, would Obama do the same, and look as good? I submit that his minions wouldn't stand for it.

Is it really that important how a president looks? Isn't it more important that he is a good president (looking at his actions, not his looks)?

flopgun.jpg

:tongue:
uh, you DO know Bush flew jets, right?

A little pertinent history regarding the Presidential salute.

I come from a military family - it is an appropriate measure of respect given by the Commander in Chief to the troops, a practice that should continue.

President Obama needs to practice his salute and make it with the reverence and affirmation of what that salute represents.

Riding with Reagan: From the White ... - Google Book Search

Hellcats of the Navy, This Is the Army, Dark Victory, Bedtime for Bonzo, are the reasons Reagan knew how to salute. He made movies while in the military guys.

President Obama is your president.

Show a little tiny modicum of respect for a guy who actually WON the presidency.
you mean like you assholes did for the last 8 years

:lol:
we dont have a high bar of respect from the "loyal" opposition as a refference

bush earned every bit of disrespect he got...

i know how that must rankle. but it's true.

perhaps you should give the new president more than two weeks.

or you could just continue to be wrong like the right's been about pretty much everything for the last eight years. *shrug*

or you could just continue to be wrong like the right's been about pretty much everything for the last eight years. *shrug*
why, you guys didnt

but i have given him more respect than you guys gave bush

why, you guys didnt

again...bush earned every bit of disrespect he got. and i, for one, rooted for that moron after 9/11.

why, you guys didnt

again...bush earned every bit of disrespect he got. and i, for one, rooted for that moron after 9/11.

we all rooted for him after 9/11. The only disrespect he didn't earn was from people like editec.

I'd bet the crew was proud to have him aboard, and he geared up as was expected of him. And since its so obvious appearances count so much to him, would Obama do the same, and look as good? I submit that his minions wouldn't stand for it.

Is it really that important how a president looks? Isn't it more important that he is a good president (looking at his actions, not his looks)?

flopgun.jpg

:tongue:
uh, you DO know Bush flew jets, right?

No, but interesting to know ;) . (But that isn't what the joke was about)

Last edited:
After pushing an aircraft away from the gate and positioning it at the starting line on the ramp, we salute the Captain as a means of respect and to let him know we have released the plane to him......... up until then, the aircraft is under our control and he has to ask permission to start an engine.

No military involved at all, this is with the airlines, the military doesn't own the salute. That doesn't excuse the faggy way Osama attempts to salute, he's a joke.

The whole thing with the salute is it shows respect. If you're going to use it, make it a priority to learn how to do it and when to do it, so you do it correctly. Doing it half-assed or shitty shows he honestly doesn't give a shit about the military (big surprise there) and obviously doesn't even think it's important enough to do properly.

It shows exactly how he rates the military, and it's disgusting.

To me he looks totally stage conscious, as if at all times he is performing for an audience. When we, any of us, are in that frame of mind, crap happens. Aren't we entitled to have some fun with all that just like we had it with Ford and W before?

Stage conscious? Performing for an audience? :lol:

bush-flightsuit.jpg

President Bush is a pilot, flew one of the most unstable and dangerous aircraft in history. He had a chance to land an airplane on a carrier, any pilot would jump at the chance. It would be like being invited to play a round of golf at Augusta National, any true golfer would quit their job to do that.

Their is a specific uniform that is worn when flying in a jet(That idiot Katie Couric wore the same type when she flew with the Thunderbirds), especially over water, you just have a problem with how natural that uniform looked on him. Osama would look like a clown in the same uniform and it would have to have the shit cleaned from it if he attempted to do what President Bush did.

The whole thing with the salute is it shows respect. If you're going to use it, make it a priority to learn how to do it and when to do it, so you do it correctly. Doing it half-assed or shitty shows he honestly doesn't give a shit about the military (big surprise there) and obviously doesn't even think it's important enough to do properly.

It is indeed very sloppy - and IS deemed a show of disrespect by at least some in the military I know of. Not to mention, it makes him look weak and uncertain to the rest of the world - including our enemies.

I hope he begins to take it far more seriously.

2479208929_21ab43eb42.jpg

It is indeed very sloppy - and IS deemed a show of disrespect by at least some in the military I know of. Not to mention, it makes him look weak and uncertain to the rest of the world - including our enemies.

He looks like he was trying for a Benny Hill salute. Didn't get that right either. He looks gay in this picture. If he's going to salute, do it right or don't do it at all.

He looks like he was trying for a Benny Hill salute. Didn't get that right either. He looks gay in this picture. If he's going to salute, do it right or don't do it at all.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing!

benny_hill.jpg

looks more like he has a headache to me

Forum List

Back