Obama's Head Bump

To me he looks totally stage conscious, as if at all times he is performing for an audience. When we, any of us, are in that frame of mind, crap happens. Aren't we entitled to have some fun with all that just like we had it with Ford and W before?

Stage conscious? Performing for an audience? :lol:

bush-flightsuit.jpg

he remains out of office for those who are wondering.

Yes. But then they shouldn't throw stones.

for eight years we watched the right defend him in the face of the most pathetic presidency in my lifetime. but they're whining because obama hit his head?

come on. don't you love irony?

To me he looks totally stage conscious, as if at all times he is performing for an audience. When we, any of us, are in that frame of mind, crap happens. Aren't we entitled to have some fun with all that just like we had it with Ford and W before?

bush-flightsuit.jpg

I'd bet the crew was proud to have him aboard, and he geared up as was expected of him. And since its so obvious appearances count so much to him, would Obama do the same, and look as good? I submit that his minions wouldn't stand for it.

Yes. But then they shouldn't throw stones.

for eight years we watched the right defend him in the face of the most pathetic presidency in my lifetime. but they're whining because obama hit his head?

come on. don't you love irony?

hate to be picky, but i think they're laughing at him hitting his head (everybody loves slapstick).

they're whining about his salute.
personally, i agree with eisenhower on how the president should return salutes.
you don't because you're not in uniform.

Was that "An Idiot's Guide To Being President" he was carrying?

If the rotor blades would hit his head, would they break?

You are such an idiot putting this up. This is EXACTLY why the Republicans got killed in November, cause you care about shit like this. Keep doing it, and the Dems will kick your ass again in 2012

As to the matter of not saluting when out of uniform; Isn't the president always in uniform since he is the civilian Commander in Chief? By saluting he is returning the gesture of respect, not to the individual but to the military services who serve under him.

Absolutely have fun, even Obama should be made fun of, but the thread starter is pointing this out seriously

bush-flightsuit.jpg

I'd bet the crew was proud to have him aboard, and he geared up as was expected of him. And since its so obvious appearances count so much to him, would Obama do the same, and look as good? I submit that his minions wouldn't stand for it.

Is it really that important how a president looks? Isn't it more important that he is a good president (looking at his actions, not his looks)?

flopgun.jpg

:tongue:

hate to be picky, but i think they're laughing at him hitting his head (everybody loves slapstick).

I'm ok with laughing at him for hitting his head. ;o)

I would laugh at myself for doing it if it were me.

as far as the salute issue, honest, I don't know enough on the subject to have an opinion about it. but i do suggest they wouldn't be whining if it were a right wing pres doing it.

and eisenhower might have had the right idea given that he was a military guy. but again, i don't know enough about the subject.

as far as the salute issue, honest, I don't know enough on the subject to have an opinion about it. but i do suggest they wouldn't be whining if it were a right wing pres doing it.

and eisenhower might have had the right idea given that he was a military guy. but again, i don't know enough about the subject.

no president before reagan returned salutes from the military, including eisenhower. reagan started it and now they all do it. the left criticized reagan for it at the time, FWIW.

i think it's wrong, but it's also about halfway down a long list of things i don't care about. :lol:

A little pertinent history regarding the Presidential salute.

I come from a military family - it is an appropriate measure of respect given by the Commander in Chief to the troops, a practice that should continue.

President Obama needs to practice his salute and make it with the reverence and affirmation of what that salute represents.

Riding with Reagan: From the White ... - Google Book Search

I come from a military family - it is an appropriate measure of respect given by the Commander in Chief to the troops, a practice that should continue.

President Obama needs to practice his salute and make it with the reverence and affirmation of what that salute represents.

with respect, i'll go with eisenhower's take.

You should at least read the link...

You should at least read the link...

nice story

Hellcats of the Navy, This Is the Army, Dark Victory, Bedtime for Bonzo, are the reasons Reagan knew how to salute. He made movies while in the military guys.

President Obama is your president.

Show a little tiny modicum of respect for a guy who actually WON the presidency.

Hellcats of the Navy, This Is the Army, Dark Victory, Bedtime for Bonzo, are the reasons Reagan knew how to salute. He made movies while in the military guys.

President Obama is your president.

Show a little tiny modicum of respect for a guy who actually WON the presidency.

Reagan_salute_1984.jpg

2479208929_21ab43eb42.jpg

Yeah, it needs work, but Obama's salute will hopefully get there...

no president before reagan returned salutes from the military, including eisenhower. reagan started it and now they all do it. the left criticized reagan for it at the time, FWIW.

i think it's wrong, but it's also about halfway down a long list of things i don't care about. :lol:

Reagan seemed to care a lot about the show, after all he was an actor in a previous life.

I think I d go with Eisenhower too, he was a military man in his previous life so he probably knows best. I still find it a bit weird to see a guy in civilian clothing give salutes, I always thought it belonged to the military. The president may be commander in Chief, but he is the president of the American people in the first place (politician).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back