Obama's Head Bump

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Not so funny is the entirely lame salute just prior to boarding.

He is Commander in Chief and as such, must improve that salute which is not up to regulation.

That being said, the head bump looks like it hurt a bit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce887_8qhqk]YouTube - Ouch! - Obama bumps head[/ame]

Omg, I can't believe somebody else noticed the revolting salute, too. It's like, dude...if you can't hack it, just don't salute. No salute at all is better than a limp-wristed, dismissive, half-assed salute....I can't imagine what the officer he insulted thought of it.

Not much, I imagine.

I don't think a president should not even salute, or aim I wrong on this?

The saluting concerns have been an ongoing issue. Apparently it is not a priority for him - much as it was not for Clinton.

That is too bad.

Daily Kos: Obama needs to learn how to salute properly

And more troubling in a somewhat related topic that went largely under reported...

Obama Becomes the First President to Skip the "Salute to Heroes" Ball. No Time for Medal of Honor Recipients...yeah...honeymoon over.

All Obama need do is follow this man's example...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8j4F-YBY6Y]YouTube - Ronald Reagan[/ame]

yea.....the comander in chief of the military shold no salute.......
well, if he's going to do it, he should at least learn how to do it right
dontcha think?

Perhaps it means little to him.

Reagan practiced that salute for hours out of respect for what it represented.

Much like his insistence when he worked in the Oval Office he ALWAYS wore coat and tie and expected the same from his staff.

No casual Friday's during Reagan's time at the White House.

The casual Oval Office look has been embraced by Carter, Clinton, and now Obama.

Why is that?

Was that "An Idiot's Guide To Being President" he was carrying?

If the rotor blades would hit his head, would they break?

yea.....the comander in chief of the military shold no salute.......
dontcha think?

Much like his insistence when he worked in the Oval Office he ALWAYS wore coat and tie and expected the same from his staff.

The casual Oval Office look has been embraced by Carter, Clinton, and now Obama.

Why is that?
yeah and bush too
Reagan was the one that actually had the greastest respect for the office

The saluting concerns have been an ongoing issue. Apparently it is not a priority for him - much as it was not for Clinton.

That is too bad.

Daily Kos: Obama needs to learn how to salute properly

And more troubling in a somewhat related topic that went largely under reported...

Obama Becomes the First President to Skip the "Salute to Heroes" Ball. No Time for Medal of Honor Recipients...yeah...honeymoon over.

All Obama need do is follow this man's example...

YouTube - Ronald Reagan

You are such an idiot putting this up. This is EXACTLY why the Republicans got killed in November, cause you care about shit like this. Keep doing it, and the Dems will kick your ass again in 2012:clap2:

I don't think a president should not even salute, or aim I wrong on this?

They didnt.. up until Regan... RR asked someone in the military(a general) and they gave him permission and since then every other Pres. has saluted...

dontcha think?

Why is that?
yeah and bush too
Reagan was the one that actually had the greastest respect for the office

.. and how do you know that..

No one can say for sure who has the greatest respect for the office.. its some petty popularity game the GOP plays to make them feel better about themselves..

Was that "An Idiot's Guide To Being President" he was carrying?

If the rotor blades would hit his head, would they break?

You are such an idiot putting this up. This is EXACTLY why the Republicans got killed in November, cause you care about shit like this. Keep doing it, and the Dems will kick your ass again in 2012

As to the matter of not saluting when out of uniform; Isn't the president always in uniform since he is the civilian Commander in Chief? By saluting he is returning the gesture of respect, not to the individual but to the military services who serve under him.

To me he looks totally stage conscious, as if at all times he is performing for an audience. When we, any of us, are in that frame of mind, crap happens. Aren't we entitled to have some fun with all that just like we had it with Ford and W before?

To me he looks totally stage conscious, as if at all times he is performing for an audience. When we, any of us, are in that frame of mind, crap happens. Aren't we entitled to have some fun with all that just like we had it with Ford and W before?

Stage conscious? Performing for an audience? :lol:

bush-flightsuit.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back