Obama's half brother arrested on charge of marijuana possession

Agnapostate

Rookie
Sep 19, 2008
The Quake State
Obama's half brother arrested on charge of marijuana possession - CNN.com

NAIROBI, Kenya (CNN) -- George Obama, the half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday.

Inspector Augustine Mutembei, the officer in charge, said Obama was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, known in Kenya as Bhang, and resisting arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday, Mutembei said.

He is being held at Huruma police post in the capital of Nairobi.

CNN Correspondent David McKenzie talked with George Obama at the jail where he is being held. Speaking from behind bars, Obama denied the allegations.

"They took me from my home," he said, "I don't know why they are charging me."

George Obama and the president barely know each other, though they have met before. George Obama was one of the president's few close relatives who did not go to the inauguration in Washington last week.

(Continued at source...)

What is it with presidential brothers?

NAIROBI, Kenya (CNN) -- George Obama, the half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday.

Inspector Augustine Mutembei, the officer in charge, said Obama was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, known in Kenya as Bhang, and resisting arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday, Mutembei said.

CNN Correspondent David McKenzie talked with George Obama at the jail where he is being held. Speaking from behind bars, Obama denied the allegations.

George Obama and the president barely know each other, though they have met before. George Obama was one of the president's few close relatives who did not go to the inauguration in Washington last week.

(Continued at source...)

OMG! OMG! It's all my fault. See, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. During the campaign when I found out about George Obama and learned that his older brother wouldn't help him, I sent a check to George. Now I've learned that he has used the check to buy illegal drugs. The horror. The horror.

220-obama-brother_793467f.jpg

Hut Sweet Hut

(Continued at source...)

And we hold people responsible for what others do, for what reason, exactly?

That'd be like holding Gunny responsible because you're a flipping idiot. See how that works?

(Continued at source...)

That'd be like holding Gunny responsible because you're a flipping idiot. See how that works?

ya that would be like holding sara palin responsible for the actions of her daughter.......

ya that would be like holding sara palin responsible for the actions of her daughter.......
true but she was a minor and living in her house!

I dont think anyone was holding President Obama responsible for his brothers actions. Just asking why Presidential brothers seem to get into alot of trouble.

true but she was a minor and living in her house!

So what you're saying is we should apply a double standard.

Obama's brother smoked marihuana, so what?

The president himself did it too (smoke marihuana).

Obama had written in his first book, "Dreams From My Father" (1995), before entering politics, that he had used marijuana and cocaine ("maybe a little blow"). He said he had not tried heroin because he did not like the pusher who was trying to sell it to him.

Barack Obama, asked about drug history, admits he inhaled - International Herald Tribune

You know Obama kind of is like a cult icon, he reminds me of another cult icon of the past that he now seems to be the lighter version of:

bob-marley.jpg

obama-hope.jpg

Yeah, rasta man :smoke: :razz:

Last edited:

(Continued at source...)

Obama's brother to the cops: " Yo, you can't arrest me, son! My brother is the president of the UNITED STATES, Gee!"

Collect call to the white house from brother: " Yo man, they popped me wit' some chronic, son."
Obama: " Keep yo' head up, homie."

Last edited:
We all know too well that Obama's family tree is not something he likes to talk about. Well except for his white grandmother and white mother.

Forum List

Back