Obama's grades

CaféAuLait;5451846 said:
But we do know:

1. Romney graduated top of his class at BYU with a degree in English.
2. His GPA was 3.97.
3. He attended Harvard Law and did his MBA at Harvard Business School.
4. He graduated MCL from Harvard Law.
5. He was in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.

What about Obama?

he was top 10% of his law school class.

thanks for playing, chica.

Top ten percent of what? Harvard had to revamp their honors program. They had 91 percent of students recieving honors of summa, magna, or cum laude. They revamped in 2004 after other colleges accused them of grade inflation. ( linked about the revamping a page back or so) Of that 91 percent, 40 percent of those receiving honors were magna cum laude (580 students).

Helped along by grade inflation and lax requirements not usually associated with top universities, a record 91 percent of Harvard seniors graduated with honors last June, eclipsing peers at 13 other elite US colleges, a Globe study has found.

Harvard's honor roll stunned rival universities, many of whom make exacting, often brutal choices to distinguish outstanding student work from the merely excellent. ''Hilarious,'' the dean of Yale College said of Harvard's 91 percent. ''Can't believe it,'' a Cornell vice provost concurred. ''It wouldn't ever happen at Dartmouth,'' said the dean of faculty at that Ivy, which is sometimes derided as Harvard's academically lesser peer.

Boston Globe Online / City & Region / Matters of honor

that isn't the law school.

you do know what law review is, right?

NO ONE INFLATES YOUR GRADES IN LAW SCHOOL.

CaféAuLait;5451846 said:

Top ten percent of what? Harvard had to revamp their honors program. They had 91 percent of students recieving honors of summa, magna, or cum laude. They revamped in 2004 after other colleges accused them of grade inflation. ( linked about the revamping a page back or so) Of that 91 percent, 40 percent of those receiving honors were magna cum laude (580 students).

Helped along by grade inflation and lax requirements not usually associated with top universities, a record 91 percent of Harvard seniors graduated with honors last June, eclipsing peers at 13 other elite US colleges, a Globe study has found.

Harvard's honor roll stunned rival universities, many of whom make exacting, often brutal choices to distinguish outstanding student work from the merely excellent. ''Hilarious,'' the dean of Yale College said of Harvard's 91 percent. ''Can't believe it,'' a Cornell vice provost concurred. ''It wouldn't ever happen at Dartmouth,'' said the dean of faculty at that Ivy, which is sometimes derided as Harvard's academically lesser peer.

Baloney!

Another Grade Inflation Update: Harvard Law School’s Hasty Retreat on New Grading System

Another Grade Inflation Update: Harvard Law School

Ah, Grade Inflation -- Harvard Law Just Got Easier*

Read more: Ah, Grade Inflation -- Harvard Law Just Got Easier* - Business Insider

CaféAuLait;5451846 said:

after seeing what my ex through getting into veterinary school trust me, I don't trust any University that claims a 'hard line' for admissions. If you're the right color, gender or religion, they'll blur the line for you easy. The only ones they're anal retentive about are White Straight Male Anglo-Saxon Protestants, Asians and Indians. She at least had gender going for her.

Harvard Law:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — When members of Harvard Law School's class of 1999 receive their prestigious degrees Thursday, 36% fewer graduates than last year will be awarded with honors, the school said Wednesday.

The relative scarcity of honors grads is the result of a new policy intended to boost the value of a cum laude degree and remove the stigma associated with not graduating with honors, Harvard Law spokesman Mike Chmura said...

Under the old system, 76% of Harvard Law grads earned honors, the school said

Honors Grow Scarcer for Harvard Law Grads - Los Angeles Times

Obama at Harvard Law School

Most likely, he didn't rank in the top 10% at HLS, as has so often been assumed based on his magna cum laude honors. Only since 1999 has magna cum laude at HLS been restricted to the top 10 percent.

Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog: Obama at Harvard Law School

CaféAuLait;5452151 said:
Harvard Law:

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — When members of Harvard Law School's class of 1999 receive their prestigious degrees Thursday, 36% fewer graduates than last year will be awarded with honors, the school said Wednesday.

The relative scarcity of honors grads is the result of a new policy intended to boost the value of a cum laude degree and remove the stigma associated with not graduating with honors, Harvard Law spokesman Mike Chmura said...

Under the old system, 76% of Harvard Law grads earned honors, the school said

Honors Grow Scarcer for Harvard Law Grads - Los Angeles Times

Obama at Harvard Law School

Most likely, he didn't rank in the top 10% at HLS, as has so often been assumed based on his magna cum laude honors. Only since 1999 has magna cum laude at HLS been restricted to the top 10 percent.

Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog: Obama at Harvard Law School

Maybe it was an affirmative action MCL? Anyway he probably rolled his transcrips into a joint and smoked it, who needs em when you have affirmative action.

Everything about Obama has been manufactured. He got a title of professor bestowed on him for being a guest lecturer.

He had TWO books written about himself when he hadn't done a damn thing important.

he's a fraud....that is why they won't release anything about him... how do you all like being played?

I think Obama's a very smart guy, but he's still a creation. He was the right guy in the right place at the right time, following a horrific administration. The stars were in alignment, and that includes a culture in which people are famous for simply being a celebrity (?). The fact that a person is intelligent does not necessarily mean that they have the skill set or temperament for this position.

He is our first Cult of Personality President, at a time when this country needs a strong leader with a clear vision. Does he have the capacity to become that? I think so. Will he? Looking pretty doubtful.

Last edited:
And it's old news. Really-really old.

You seem to struggle to tell the difference between gossip and grades. Did you go to school at all?

Your 'news' is not 'news'... it is unsubstantiated gossip. (You may need to look up the meaning of the words 'unsubstantiated' and 'gossip'). The 'news' about Obama - the drugs - that comes from Obama himself... and the grades... well... we have nothing other than the assertions of left wing hacks that Obama is 'intelligent'... after 4 years, there remains no evidence, either actual or anecdotal, that he has much in the way of genuine intellect.

Yup.

If theres nothing worth seeing in all those sealed files then why not show em??

I'd like to see how Barry managed to get into all of the schools he graduated from. I'd also like to see if his grades are as good as the left wants everyone to believe they are.

Just curious.

But we do know:

1. Romney graduated top of his class at BYU with a degree in English.
2. His GPA was 3.97.
3. He attended Harvard Law and did his MBA at Harvard Business School.
4. He graduated MCL from Harvard Law.
5. He was in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.

What about Obama?

Top 10? Link?

And it's old news. Really-really old.

You seem to struggle to tell the difference between gossip and grades. Did you go to school at all?

Your 'news' is not 'news'... it is unsubstantiated gossip. (You may need to look up the meaning of the words 'unsubstantiated' and 'gossip'). The 'news' about Obama - the drugs - that comes from Obama himself... and the grades... well... we have nothing other than the assertions of left wing hacks that Obama is 'intelligent'... after 4 years, there remains no evidence, either actual or anecdotal, that he has much in the way of genuine intellect.

Yup.

I'd like to see how Barry managed to get into all of the schools he graduated from. I'd also like to see if his grades are as good as the left wants everyone to believe they are.

Just curious.

I'm curious to know how an average student from Occidental - and we do know that his grades were distinctly average there - managed to suddenly become Top 10 at Harvard Law. It doesn't add up. How did a self confessed stoner suddenly become smart?

Despite Jillian's assertions - and I don't think she's lying, I believe that she believes it... it does not stand up to critical thought. It just doesn't.

Yup.

Just curious.

I'm curious to know how an average student from Occidental - and we do know that his grades were distinctly average there - managed to suddenly become Top 10 at Harvard Law. It doesn't add up. How did a self confessed stoner suddenly become smart?

Despite Jillian's assertions - and I don't think she's lying, I believe that she believes it... it does not stand up to critical thought. It just doesn't.

I agree.

Also why would anyone seal their school transcripts anyway?? If mine were great I'd have em out there for the world to see. I'd be parading them. Barry doesn't strike me as the bashfull type. So whats with all the secrecy??

Unless of course theres something someone wishs to keep hidden.

Food for thought.

Yup.

Just curious.

well you have not, nor do you know everything. Some people get smarter later in life when they can study topics they are interested in. I made better grades in college than I did in elemntary or high school.

Yup.

Just curious.

well you have not, nor do you know everything. Some people get smarter later in life when they can study topics they are interested in. I made better grades in college than I did in elemntary or high school.

Wow, are you really this much of a nut-hugger? That is just shameless...

Yup.

Just curious.

I'm not comparing elementary or high school... or even kindergarten... to college. I am comparing his college days at Occidental to his college days at Harvard. Given that he was a distinctly average student at Occidental, I find it somewhat of a stretch that he suddenly became intelligent - while at the same time, being a stoner - at Harvard. It's a legitimate question... for anyone with the intellect to ask.

I don't buy bullshit from anyone... regardless of party. Romney's record is confirmed. Obama's is not. Given that the left have made such a song and dance about Obama's intellect, someone should be able to confirm it with actual grades. This simple fact appears to be above your kindergarten level intellect.

New Topics

Forum List

Back