Obama's goal is to secularize everything, including religion itself.

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
The secularists of the French Revolution regarded the Roman Catholic Church as the last obstacle to atheism's final triumph. Blurting this out, the French dilettante Denis Diderot proposed to his fellow revolutionaries that they strangle the last priest with the "guts of the last king."

Under this spirit, the forces of secularism picked up speed in the 18th and 19th century, went into overdrive in the 20th, and now floor it in the 21st. Barack Obama is the one these revolutionaries have been "waiting for." He is the stealth radical, soft in temperament but hard in thought, who seeks to use religiosity without religion to purge all traces of God from public life.

Obama's secularism is like an acid that burns through everything it touches. His poisonous ideology authorizes him not just to "separate church and state" but to dominate church and state. The goal of this control is to secularize everything, including religion itself.

Contained within his secularism is a totalitarian seed, which will grow and grow until nothing is a "private" matter. As the hapless executives at the Komen Foundation recently learned--after committing the thought crime of withholding private donations from abortionists--no one is free to leave Obama's Animal Farm.

Some pigs on it are more equal than others, and, remember, the secularist Napoleons can never be wrong. Listen carefully enough to Kathleen Sebelius's defense of Obama's raping of religious freedom and one can hear the thuggish voice of totalitarianism. Did you see what she cited as proof of Obamacare's respect for conscience? That the government will refrain from injecting Catholic women with birth control! Wow, what a thoughtful regime. Even one of Stalin's party hacks might have grinned at the crude logic of that one.

The American Spectator : The Audacity of Obama's Secularism

what ? so your saying church and state should not be separated your costitution says ? you seem to be saying church should rule.!

I agree it's a 1st amendment issue, but IMO it's the people being denied insurance because the RCC wants to enforce religious tenets on their employes, that are suffering from the violation.

what ? so your saying church and state should not be separated your costitution says ? you seem to be saying church should rule.!

church rule? of course not......it is Obama who wants the Church to follow Secular State enforced rules that directly conflict with Church beliefs....that is against the First Amendment.....

if BO can do that.....he is effectively ripping up the Constitution....if he gets away with that what crap will he pull next...?

I agree it's a 1st amendment issue, but IMO it's the people being denied insurance because the RCC wants to enforce religious tenets on their employes, that are suffering from the violation.

then those employees should not go to work for such a dastardly religious organization....:eusa_hand:

and what's preventing them from simply going to the local pharmacy and buying their own contraceptives.......:cuckoo:

if Obama can force churches to go against their principles.....he has the power to overrun the Constitution.....to "secularize" religion....

Last edited:

No one is being 'denied insurance'. The Church is asking that insurance companies are allowed to provide insurance policies that do not include birth control. It is as simple as that.

If you tried logic instead of hyperbole, you might just understand the issue.

When the government tries to apply those rules to a church ITSELF, not merely to a non-religious operation that a church OWNS, then I'll take the OP's assertions seriously.

Obama's goal is to secularize everything, including religion itself.
I guess we're gonna find-out.....

popcorn1.gif

When the government tries to apply those rules to a church ITSELF, not merely to a non-religious operation that a church OWNS, then I'll take the OP's assertions seriously.

The problem, as I understand it, is one of perspective. You view the Church and its work as two separate entities. Catholics - and the Church - do not. We see that work as fundamentally part of our faith. It is a lack of understanding.

Such as the repeated claims that we do not want to provide health care. We do. We just want policies that do not include birth control. Since birth control is freely available elsewhere, it appears that this is an attack on our faith more than caring about women.

surely debate on this subject will benefit the out come. to say obama is for secular state keeping social ideals in there modern contexts and bringing old belifes into the current modern world is a good thing. if you think holding onto beliefs of past generations (no disrespect) will hold up in a modern world then you are lost. religion is and has been on the delcine for decades. it seem the religious side is saying he's not religius enough and the secular side is saying hes not secular enough.
therefore to me it's a guy making a call to benifit not his beliefs but that of those that elected him,.

surely debate on this subject will benefit the out come. to say obama is for secular state keeping social ideals in there modern contexts and bringing old belifes into the current modern world is a good thing. if you think holding onto beliefs of past generations (no disrespect) will hold up in a modern world then you are lost. religion is and has been on the delcine for decades. it seem the religious side is saying he's not religius enough and the secular side is saying hes not secular enough.
therefore to me it's a guy making a call to benifit not his beliefs but that of those that elected him,.

Problem is, there are a lot of Americans who didn't elect him. He does not govern for us, he governs for his own side. Fuck him.

Atheism is not a Religion.

however Secularist Liberalism/Leftism pretty much is......

No, it pretty much isn't.

Liberalism today has its own set of beliefs much like a regular religion has.....liberals/leftists are attempting to institutionalize their beliefs via the cover of "secular" government....

Merriam-Webster Online gives this definition of religion:

“4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith”

In the religion of liberalism, God is man. Not the individual, mind you, but mankind in general is God. It’s evidenced by the the belief that mankind can bring about it’s own destruction, or sillyer still, the destruction of the world itself. Can you say Global Warming? Their church is Government. They tout seperation of church and state, yet they made their church out of government. Non-believers cannot make their way without the help of the more enlightened clergy.
Now, I’m not advocating institutionalized religion in school. I’m just trying to point out the hypocrisy of the left.

The left, in general, tend to look down on christians as uneducated, country bumpkins with gunracks and rebel flags on their pick-ups (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Yet, the left has it’s own value system that’s being institutionalized through the judiciary, so if you violate their dogma, you will be sued by the ACLU, or branded a racist/bigot/homophobe by their attack dogs in the MSM. If you have land coveted by your neighbor, the Kelo decision can give it to them. If you threaten some endangered species, the church takes over your land.
Through careful study (read: My Opinion) I have discerned their Ten Commandments:

Thou shalt not have beliefs which contradict anyone else’s unless those views are conservative.

Thou shalt not hold people accountable for their actions.

Thou shalt not be responsible for thine own actions.

Thou shalt not have more than thy neighbor.

Thou shalt doest all in your power to make sure nobody has more than you think they deserve.

Thou shalt not go to war under any circumstances.

Thou shalt not, if there are problems in the world, propose any action to correct those problems, thou shalt only say how much you care so loudly that it drowns out any reasonable solutions to make sure nobody else shalt get the credit for fixing the problems.

Thou shalt not pursue your own happiness. Thou shalt only take pleasure in making everyone else miserable.

Thou shalt not believe that people can make their own way in the world without thine assistance.

Thou shalt have no God above mankind.

The Religion of Liberalism | The Planets Best Political Humor at RadioactiveLiberty.com

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day. Sadly you were serious.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Where the FUCK does it say "separation of church and state?"

The First Amendment isn't difficult to understand.

Forum List

Back