Obama's girlfriend was a "composite"... WTF?

I can't wait til they interview the girl whose pigtails he pulled in kindergarten!!!

My goodness you people are ridiculous.

I don't know what "take your pick" refers to.

My point is that the blog post was wrong, incredibly sloppy and was damaging to the public record.

I'm not quite sure what information I'm supposed to draw from your links. Some of them have been updated/corrected so they might not say the same thing when I read them that they did when you read them.

The first link acknowledges that Obama acknowledged the use of compression all along.

The second link is apparently from a Uganda website. The author does not seem to have a good grasp of either the situation or the English language, incorrectly claiming for example that David Maraniss (the author who interviewed Obama about his composite girlfriend and is quoted in the piece) is an autobiographer.

The third link, from Glen Beck's website, fails to acknowledge that Obama acknowledged compression all along, and links to a theory that Ayers wrote the book anyway.

The fourth link, after multiple updates, now acknowledges that the use of compression had been acknowledged all along.

She's a liberal's wet dream, a little bit of this and that.

She's white, she's black, she's asian, she's hispanic.

She's a Christian, she's a muslim, she's an aetheist.

She's a lesbian, she's straight, she's bi.

She's into drugs, she's not into drugs.

She likes rap, she hates rap.

Etc.....

:lol:

My point is that the blog post was wrong, incredibly sloppy and was damaging to the public record.

I'm not quite sure what information I'm supposed to draw from your links. Some of them have been updated/corrected so they might not say the same thing when I read them that they did when you read them.

The first link acknowledges that Obama acknowledged the use of compression all along.

The second link is apparently from a Uganda website. The author does not seem to have a good grasp of either the situation or the English language, incorrectly claiming for example that David Maraniss (the author who interviewed Obama about his composite girlfriend and is quoted in the piece) is an autobiographer.

The third link, from Glen Beck's website, fails to acknowledge that Obama acknowledged compression all along, and links to a theory that Ayers wrote the book anyway.

The fourth link, after multiple updates, now acknowledges that the use of compression had been acknowledged all along.

Maybe this thread needs to be in humor section or maybe FICTION like Obama's books :eusa_whistle:.... thats all it was from the start.

Who do I ask to move it?

I concede it was just for fun, and if you bothered to read that earlier in the thread, thats not my fault.

If a mod is lurking... can this be moved to a better section so as not to get anyones panties in a wad?

2011-12-20174133.jpg

*ahem*
Obama pre-warned, in the Introduction of the book, that some characters were 'composites'.

:eusa_whistle:

Below is what Obama wrote in the beginning of the book.
“For the sake of compression, some of the characters that appear are composites of people, I’ve known, and some events appear out of precise chronology.”​

in other words.... fictional!!!

I was weak, I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doin! :eusa_drool: At least twice!:cool:

Only twice or is that all you admit to ?

:eusa_shhh: I'm not telling anyone.

Hey, I'm try to minimize! After all, I don't want to me known as a male slut! :dance:

I think it's too late... :eek:

I heard this story this morning, and it doesn't surprise me that his 'biographies' are full of fiction. His whole life has been made up, and then the records all 'sealed'. :eusa_shhh:

*ahem*
Obama pre-warned, in the Introduction of the book, that some characters were 'composites'.

“For the sake of compression, some of the characters that appear are composites of people, I’ve known, and some events appear out of precise chronology.”​

No. Like I said - true crime authors do the same thing. There are reasons for doing so, and provided you are honest about it in the preface, there is nothing wrong with the practice.

Just looked in the mirror..........I'm still not black!!!! AHHH!!! I cant stop crying!

When I was a teenager I experienced moments of wistfulness that I wasn't black.

But I consoled myself with the thought that at least I wasn't male.

:tongue:

From the Department of Let's Make Shit Up 'Bout Myself:
From ' Dreams from My Father'

One night I took her into an alley in the ghetto to bang the shit out of her against a brick wall. She didn't want to. "I can't do it, Mandingo. Your thing is too big for me." I told her I would only put half of it in, but even that was too much for her. We had a big fight, right in the alley. When we got back to the car she started crying. She couldn’t do me, she said. She would if she could, but she couldn’t. She could only be herself, and wasn’t that enough.

Obama:
“That was not her,” he said. “That was an example of compression I was very sensitive in my book not to write about my girlfriends, partly out of respect for them. So that was a consideration. I thought that [the anecdote involving the reaction of a white girlfriend to the angry black dick] was a useful theme to make about sort of the interactions that I had in the relationships with white girlfriends and to portray myself as an inner city youth. And so, that occupies, what, two paragraphs in the book? My attitude was it would be dishonest for me not to touch on that at all … so that was an example of sort of editorially how do I figure that out?”"

Last edited:

Maybe this thread needs to be in humor section or maybe FICTION like Obama's books :eusa_whistle:.... thats all it was from the start.

Who do I ask to move it?

I concede it was just for fun, and if you bothered to read that earlier in the thread, thats not my fault.

If a mod is lurking... can this be moved to a better section so as not to get anyones panties in a wad?

2011-12-20174133.jpg
I'm just surprised that you would overlook shoddy journalism as humor.

Only twice or is that all you admit to ?

:eusa_shhh: I'm not telling anyone.

Hey, I'm try to minimize! After all, I don't want to me known as a male slut! :dance:

I think it's too late... :eek:

I heard this story this morning, and it doesn't surprise me that his 'biographies' are full of fiction. His whole life has been made up, and then the records all 'sealed'. :eusa_shhh:

I'm curious as I no longer have copies of his books here at the house. Did the original editions have that disclaimer about the composite stuff? I don't remember reading that though I read both books, but it has been some time and I easily could have forgotten. Does anybody have one of the early editions and can check?

*ahem*

Honesty is fictional? Only in conservativeland.

Forum List

Back