Obama’s gay marriage balancing act gets awkward

Obama refuses to state his beliefs and he seems to be attempting to please both sides in this issue. He needs to grow a set and be honest instead of trying to play everyone and pretend he is on each side. He said his views are evolving, which is another way of saying he is too chicken to tell the truth about what he thinks. I'm sure his views won't be done evolving until after the election, then it won't matter that half the people were given the wrong impression.

Obama

Obama is uncomfortable with the idea of a religious "gay" marriage. Not unusual for a Christian. The problem is that when you have "Mitt Romney", you don't recognize someone who publicly admits they simply "aren't sure". The honesty is refreshing.

Last edited:
Is it really all that surprising that he has remained tight lipped on the subject recently? He is running for re-election after all. What do you expect?

Is Mitt Romney all that different? Wasn't Romney all for the Health Insurance mandate until he realized that the road to the Republican nomination did not run along that path? Now he promises to overturn ACA... until the day after the election, I'm sure.

Immie

I sincerely hope that everyone sees through this ridiculous subtrefuge and knows that obama fully supports same sex marriage. It's silly for him to keep denying it. He can't even be that honest. Why he refuses to do it is because 32 states have had same sex marriage on the ballot. 31 of those states have already passed laws protecting marriage and North Carolina will do so when they vote to change their Constitution to ban it.

Is it really all that surprising that he has remained tight lipped on the subject recently? He is running for re-election after all. What do you expect?

Is Mitt Romney all that different? Wasn't Romney all for the Health Insurance mandate until he realized that the road to the Republican nomination did not run along that path? Now he promises to overturn ACA... until the day after the election, I'm sure.

Immie

Yeah, and he was pro-choice until it was pollitcally expedient not to be.

Obama refuses to state his beliefs and he seems to be attempting to please both sides in this issue. He needs to grow a set and be honest instead of trying to play everyone and pretend he is on each side. He said his views are evolving, which is another way of saying he is too chicken to tell the truth about what he thinks. I'm sure his views won't be done evolving until after the election, then it won't matter that half the people were given the wrong impression.

Obama

Gays ought to feel great about a leader that won't support them. Dick Cheney is clearly more supportive of gays vs. Obama. Then again, Cheney has always been more of a definitive leader.

Immie

You don't really believe that has changed, do you?

Immie

Immie

You don't really believe that has changed, do you?

Immie
Not at all. I think he's lying. But all politicians do.

Obama refuses to state his beliefs and he seems to be attempting to please both sides in this issue.

Almost likes he's trying to govern and respect the beliefs of the whole country and not just his supporters.

And you hate him for this.

Interesting.

No he's not. If he was intending to respect the beliefs of the whole country we would still have DADT in the military. He's not saying because he is trying to hide his intentions from the nation. That's a lie by omission.

I applaud gays for putting pressure on him to make him come out as supporting same sex marriage. The whole country deserves to know what he intends to do if he gets a second term.

Obama refuses to state his beliefs and he seems to be attempting to please both sides in this issue.

Almost likes he's trying to govern and respect the beliefs of the whole country and not just his supporters.

Interesting.

Haha. He's avoiding the subject so that he can preserve the votes of Catholics, Hispanics and African Americans.

He'll officially announce the next stage of his "evolution" later, once he has their votes in hand.

Interesting.

No he's not. If he was intending to respect the beliefs of the whole country we would still have DADT in the military. He's not saying because he is trying to hide his intentions from the nation. That's a lie by omission.

I applaud gays for putting pressure on him to make him come out as supporting same sex marriage. The whole country deserves to know what he intends to do if he gets a second term.

And what will he do in his second term?

You know he's not a king, right?

Obama

If you think his is difficult, wait until you get a load of Bishop Romney trying to avoid his church's teachings on this issue.

Forum List

Back