Obama's Fried Chicken - Offensive or Oversensitive?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Yep we all know the sterotype that Blacks love watermellon, ribs and fried chicken, but is this really offensive. Why is Mohammad Pita Hut (Kabobs), Liberman's Dehli, Guiliani's Pizza. Spartcus's Gyros, Ming Dynasty's Chinese Food, Samuri Sam's etc also not offensive? Firs I want to point out a AFRICAN-AMERICAN chose the name of the restaurant. It's a BLACK owned restaurant! How is this any different than Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles!

The black community has so many issues, why the hell are they wasting time on this? If I ever make it back to NY I am going to make a personal stop at this place!

Mohammad Jabbar says the name was chosen as a tribute to the president. The restaurant is in Brownsville, a predominantly black neighborhood.

Activist Kevin McCall says the name is "very offensive to African Americans." Another protest is planned for Saturday.
The Associated Press: NYC mayor: 'Obama' not best name for chicken joint

Honestly ... I don't see how people can find offense in any joke, which is what these business names actually are. Only one thing sells more than humor ... we all know what that is.

Yep we all know the sterotype that Blacks love watermellon, ribs and fried chicken...

I love that stuff too!

:eusa_think: ***Hmmm...great grandma tanned really well...*** :eusa_think:

Have you seen the Dave Chapell skit about the sleeping aid for black people? It was a bucket of BBQ ribs.

BBQ ribs...mmmmmmm....

homer-drool.gif

Is this that big a deal? I am reminded of a barbeque joint in Roseville that was forced to take down his sign depicting a big black man in overalls offering a big plate of ribs by the politically correct city govt. The man on the sign was the owner of the resaurant....

Taste's so good it'll make you wanna slap yo' mamma!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnFkGFfIhNM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnFkGFfIhNM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Yep we all know the sterotype that Blacks love watermellon, ribs and fried chicken...

I love that stuff too!

Have you seen the Dave Chapell skit about the sleeping aid for black people? It was a bucket of BBQ ribs.

I love that guy.

You see the skit about the blind grand wizard who discovered he was Black?

I nearly pissed my pants laughing at the end of that piece.

I love that stuff too!

I love that guy.

You see the skit about the blind grand wizard who discovered he was Black?

I nearly pissed my pants laughing at the end of that piece.

That one was hilarious. When I first saw the show, I turned it on right in the middle of their musical guest and kept flipping (don't like rap myself) but one night I couldn't find anything on so I just went to see what else he had, now I watch it whenever I can.