Obama's Foreign Policy ????

I don't care where his links come from. The British media speaks for us. It's a well known fact that the Obama administration supports the Argentinian position for negotiations, a situation that he knows is completely unacceptable to Britain and, indeed, the Falkland Islanders themselves. Heres what Nile Gardiner of the Telegraph had to say under the headline, "The Obama Administration knifes Britain yet again over the Falklands."
You mean Nile Gardiner of the Heritage Foundation, right?

As for his statement that France was Americas closest ally, here's an example from the British media:

Oh and being a Brit, I think, with all due respect, that I'm better positioned to gauge the general tenor of opinion doing the rounds over here.

I'm sure you are better positioned to gauge the general tenor - but that doesn't mean I'm going to take your word for it.

Why am I not surprised.

So, I should just take your word for it?

I'm Jewish, does that mean I can speak for all Jews?

Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration

(CNN) – Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said the Obama White House has been the most supportive administration throughout the two countries' diplomatic relations on matters of Israeli security, in an interview to air Monday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

Barak -also a former prime minister of Israel - said that though historically administrations from both political parties have supported the Jewish state President Obama's support, security-wise, is unparalleled.

Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration – CNN

-----------------------------

What does that do to all that right wing bull shit????????????????? Taken out in one "wipe".
I wonder how the current Israeli pm feels about obammy.

yeah. Gardiner of Heritage. You're funny Jackson. :rolleyes: Nile Gardiner

I thought these clean debate zones were for reasoned discussion AOT partisan point- garnering using patently partisan sources.

Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration

(CNN) – Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak said the Obama White House has been the most supportive administration throughout the two countries' diplomatic relations on matters of Israeli security, in an interview to air Monday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

Barak -also a former prime minister of Israel - said that though historically administrations from both political parties have supported the Jewish state President Obama's support, security-wise, is unparalleled.

Israel's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Ehud Barak sings praises of Obama administration – CNN

-----------------------------

What does that do to all that right wing bull shit????????????????? Taken out in one "wipe".
I wonder how the current Israeli pm feels about obammy.

Who is "obammy."? I thought this was supposed to be the adult discussion area of the board?

So, you don't think that presidential snubs like those mentioned don't piss off most Brits when they hear of them. What a strange perception of how a community would react to such situations.

One day you right wingers are Francophiles and even renamed French fries.
The next day you are Franco friendly?
One day Obama is kissing ass and apologizing, the next he is insulting the world.
It just never ends, I know you want a divorce so let's go to the attorney.

Naah no divorce. We're just going to toss obama out of the (White) House.

So, you don't think that presidential snubs like those mentioned don't piss off most Brits when they hear of them. What a strange perception of how a community would react to such situations.

When one of the first presidential moves was to remove the bust of Winston Churchill and want to send it back to England, I was appalled and I wasn't even British! What an extraordinary gift from Tony Blair and what an insult to the Brits! What was going through his mind? Abe Lincoln wouldn't have been so insensitive!

You mean Nile Gardiner of the Heritage Foundation, right?

I'm sure you are better positioned to gauge the general tenor - but that doesn't mean I'm going to take your word for it.

Why am I not surprised.

So, I should just take your word for it?

I'm Jewish, does that mean I can speak for all Jews?
If you actually lived in Israel and spoke with Israeli Jews on a daily basis, I'd imagine you more qualified than me, yes.

Let me assure you, there is no love lost for Obama in Britain. Most Brits are well aware of his contempt for us and the feeling is largely mutual. In my view the greatest insults to the British are his support for the Argentinians over the Falklands issue and the fact that he regards France as America's closest ally. Tell me again how many men the French sent to Iraq and Afghanistan! There are others and I think Jackson has linked to them in his post.

Well then, how odd that a worldwide Pew poll done just last month rates Obama at an 80% approval rating in Europe as a whole, with England at 80%, and France (one of the nations Obama supposedly insulted) at an astounding 96%.

Global Opinion of Obama Slips, International Policies Faulted | Pew Global Attitudes Project

Nothing like factual data.

Google is such a great tool, isn't it?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

One day you right wingers are Francophiles and even renamed French fries.
The next day you are Franco friendly?
One day Obama is kissing ass and apologizing, the next he is insulting the world.
It just never ends, I know you want a divorce so let's go to the attorney.

Our half black president kisses ass or insults depending on who he is speaking to. If its an Arab country, he will bow. If it is an ally, he will insult. These are general rules for His behavior, but he follows them pretty closely.

Why am I not surprised.

Perhaps because you know he's not going to accept your personal viewpoint, or that of some right-wing blogs and opinion pieces, as fact?

Seeing as how actual polls of Europeans, including the British, tell a completely different story than the one you are painting, I'm thinking that you may in fact be incorrect in your assessment.

Why am I not surprised.

Perhaps because you know he's not going to accept your personal viewpoint, or that of some right-wing blogs and opinion pieces, as fact?

Seeing as how actual polls of Europeans, including the British, tell a completely different story than the one you are painting, I'm thinking that you may in fact be incorrect in your assessment.

Are you saying these accounts are not true?

When one of the first presidential moves was to remove the bust of Winston Churchill and want to send it back to England, I was appalled and I wasn't even British! What an extraordinary gift from Tony Blair and what an insult to the Brits! What was going through his mind? Abe Lincoln wouldn't have been so insensitive!

The original bust of Winston Churchhill, (the one that Tony Blair's loaned bust temporarily replaced while the original was being restored) is currently on display at the White House, and has been since right after Bush left office.

From the White House official site:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/07/27/fact-check-bust-winston-churchill

The White House has had a bust of Winston Churchill since the 1960’s.

At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence. The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency.

On January 20, 2009 -- Inauguration Day -- all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency.

The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence.

The idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British is completely false and an urban legend that continues to circulate to this day.

Facts are such nice things to have when debating. Don't ya think?

I'm happy to provide them when needed :) .

Why am I not surprised.

Are you saying these accounts are not true?

I'm saying that the numbers provided by the actual polling data prove that the opinion presented, that British folks, and Europeans in general, are angry at the President, are inaccurate.

And I presented said data, with sourcing, just a few posts ago.

Our half black president kisses ass or insults depending on who he is speaking to. If its an Arab country, he will bow. If it is an ally, he will insult. These are general rules for His behavior, but he follows them pretty closely.

As opposed to answering this, I will simply repost the factual data from my prior post:

A Pew poll done just last month rates Obama at an 80% approval rating in Europe as a whole, with England at 80%, and France (one of the nations Obama supposedly insulted) at an astounding 96%.

Global Opinion of Obama Slips, International Policies Faulted | Pew Global Attitudes Project

In addition, it was my understanding that this is supposed to be a place where people come to debate like adults.

Your post is not an argument, but is instead a string of implied insults, with an implication of possible racism mixed in. (otherwise why include the phrase "half black" at all?).

I would thank you to take such needlessly confrontational tactics to other threads.

Thanks.

Last edited:

The original bust of Winston Churchhill, (the one that Tony Blair's loaned bust temporarily replaced while the original was being restored) is currently on display at the White House, and has been since right after Bush left office.

Fact Check: The Bust of Winston Churchill | The White House

The White House has had a bust of Winston Churchill since the 1960’s.

At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence. The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency.

On January 20, 2009 -- Inauguration Day -- all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency.

The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence.

The idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British is completely false and an urban legend that continues to circulate to this day.

wrong.......

there are 2 busts,.....the one in the oval office was returned.

White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain
Barack Obama's White House has been forced to admit that it did return a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to British diplomats, after describing such claims as "100 per cent false".

Aides to Mr Obama were furious after The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that Mitt Romney planned to restore the Jacob Epstein sculpture to its home under George W Bush from 2001 to 2009.

"I'm looking forward to the bust of Winston Churchill being in the Oval Office again," the Republican challenger confirmed at a fund-raiser at London's Mandarin Oriental hotel.

Dan Pfeiffer, the President's communications director, said in a statement that widespread reports of the bust being returned to Britain's embassy in Washington as Mr Obama took office were untrue.

"This is 100 per cent false," Mr Pfeiffer said. "The bust is still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room". Illustrating his statement with a photograph of Mr Obama inspecting it with David Cameron in 2010, he added: "Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again".

British officials were surprised by Mr Pfeiffer's statement and photograph, however, because the bust now resides in the residence of Sir Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the US. Further inquiries led to the discovery that there are, in fact, two matching Churchill busts by Epstein.

snip-

The one displayed by Mr Bush was indeed returned, along with all other art lent to him, as his presidency came to an end. The other, which remains in the White House residence, was given as a gift to President Lyndon B Johnson in 1965 by a group of Atlanticist diplomats and military officers.

more at
White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain - Telegraph

Fact Check: The Bust of Winston Churchill | The White House

wrong.......

White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain
Barack Obama's White House has been forced to admit that it did return a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to British diplomats, after describing such claims as "100 per cent false".

Aides to Mr Obama were furious after The Daily Telegraph disclosed last week that Mitt Romney planned to restore the Jacob Epstein sculpture to its home under George W Bush from 2001 to 2009.

"I'm looking forward to the bust of Winston Churchill being in the Oval Office again," the Republican challenger confirmed at a fund-raiser at London's Mandarin Oriental hotel.

Dan Pfeiffer, the President's communications director, said in a statement that widespread reports of the bust being returned to Britain's embassy in Washington as Mr Obama took office were untrue.

"This is 100 per cent false," Mr Pfeiffer said. "The bust is still in the White House. In the Residence. Outside the Treaty Room". Illustrating his statement with a photograph of Mr Obama inspecting it with David Cameron in 2010, he added: "Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again".

British officials were surprised by Mr Pfeiffer's statement and photograph, however, because the bust now resides in the residence of Sir Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the US. Further inquiries led to the discovery that there are, in fact, two matching Churchill busts by Epstein.

snip-

The one displayed by Mr Bush was indeed returned, along with all other art lent to him, as his presidency came to an end. The other, which remains in the White House residence, was given as a gift to President Lyndon B Johnson in 1965 by a group of Atlanticist diplomats and military officers.

more at

Your post doesn't contradict Vast's.

wrong.......

You use the word "wrong" here, but then you don't contradict what I said.

White House admits it did return Winston Churchill bust to Britain Barack Obama's White House has been forced to admit that it did return a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to British diplomats, after describing such claims as "100 per cent false".

They were mistaken, because an identical bust sits in the same spot that the Blair one sat.

Pretty easy mistake to make really, considering they're identical.

snip-

more at

Which is exactly what I said.

The Blair bust was given to Bush as a replacement for the other bust.

In the corrected statement on the White House blog, Mr Pfieffer notes that he had originally made a mistake and goes on to say:

At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/07/27/fact-check-bust-winston-churchill

Let me assure you, there is no love lost for Obama in Britain. Most Brits are well aware of his contempt for us and the feeling is largely mutual. In my view the greatest insults to the British are his support for the Argentinians over the Falklands issue and the fact that he regards France as America's closest ally. Tell me again how many men the French sent to Iraq and Afghanistan! There are others and I think Jackson has linked to them in his post.

Well then, how odd that a worldwide Pew poll done just last month rates Obama at an 80% approval rating in Europe as a whole, with England at 80%, and France (one of the nations Obama supposedly insulted) at an astounding 96%.

Nothing like factual data.

Google is such a great tool, isn't it?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wow! A sample size of 1,018 people surveyed in the UK! :lol: And they correlate that to what the nation thinks. Yeh, very impressive. I think my finger on the pulse is somewhat more reflective of attitudes here than questions asked of a piddling 1000 respondents! And Pew only assesses image relative to general international policy. Ask questions more relevant to the country and likely you could elicit a different response. I know all about research having having come from corporate marketing.

Forum List

Back