Obama's foreign policy working

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Pundits from both sides of the political spectrum are complimenting the way Obama has reacted to the newly disclosed Iranian nuclear enrichment plant.
Based on stronger relations with our allies Obama was able to show a united front against the Iranians. Even the bridges Obama has built with contries we do not consider close allies has added to the united front against Iran.
The united front has condemned the new plant and promised "sanctions that will bite" if the Iranians do not meet requirement put down by the allies.

International and Iranian reaction has shown a strength that the US did not have when they were going it alone.

Obama's move on not going through with the missle defence in Europe is looking like a smart move. The defence can be located closer to Isreal.

Working with the countries of the world is more effectives than working unilaterally.

the neocons aren't happy unless we are spending money to blow up and then rebuild stuff in far off lands so they will just scoff at this

Pundits from both sides of the political spectrum are complimenting the way Obama has reacted to the newly disclosed Iranian nuclear enrichment plant.
Based on stronger relations with our allies Obama was able to show a united front against the Iranians. Even the bridges Obama has built with contries we do not consider close allies has added to the united front against Iran.
The united front has condemned the new plant and promised "sanctions that will bite" if the Iranians do not meet requirement put down by the allies.

International and Iranian reaction has shown a strength that the US did not have when they were going it alone.

Obama's move on not going through with the missle defence in Europe is looking like a smart move. The defence can be located closer to Isreal.

Working with the countries of the world is more effectives than working unilaterally.

I don't totally disagree with this, but, I fail to see where it changed the Iranian stance. Further, don't get too excited we are far away from any reasonable end result.

I agree United Fronts are important and I agree that certain other leaders are going to be more willing to work with Obama, than they were with Bush, however, let's see Russia and China sign on to a really tough stance, one with real teeth in it and lets see the end result.

I don't totally disagree with this, but, I fail to see where it changed the Iranian stance. Further, don't get too excited we are far away from any reasonable end result.

I agree United Fronts are important and I agree that certain other leaders are going to be more willing to work with Obama, than they were with Bush, however, let's see Russia and China sign on to a really tough stance, one with real teeth in it and lets see the end result.

Step one is good.

I agree the true effectiveness of Obama's foreign policy will be known in the months and years as we see how Iran reacts. It is a chess game.

What can be said about the Bush foreign policy is it emboldened and strengthened Iran. They did not intend on doing this. Bush administration did not forsee that bringing down Saddam would give the Iranian Shiite government added strength in the mideast. Saddam's Sunni government partially neutralized the strength of Iran. As bad as Saddam was, that was one good thing his administration did.

Sure, just like " economists from both sides " say the stimulous is working .........:lol:

Sure, just like " economists from both sides " say the stimulous is working .........:lol:

Or like McCain and Palin stating that the surge was working...

What do you think Obama should have done different in foreign policy and in reaction to the recent revelations on Iran's nuclear program

Or like McCain and Palin stating that the surge was working...

The surge did work, the stimulousy, not so much ..........

What do you think Obama should have done different in foreign policy and in reaction to the recent revelations on Iran's nuclear program

Not act like Jimmy Carter on steroids ? .....:eusa_whistle:

Only those who want Israel annihilated. Which is mostly 'progressives.'

What's gonna happen now.....does Obubblhead's speech writer send Ahmawhathisnooze a strongly worded letter about hope & change?

I'd like to say that I think Israel will take them out. I don't. I think Netanyahy recognizes that US is no longer backing and knows they can't deal with. WWII Germany again.

What's gonna happen now.....does Obubblhead's speech writer send Ahmawhathisnooze a strongly worded letter about hope & change?

I'd like to say that I think Israel will take them out. I don't. I think Netanyahy recognizes that US is no longer backing and knows they can't deal with. WWII Germany again.

Bush gave Isreal lip service but his actions durring his presidency put Israel in substantialy greater peril.

I predict Isreal will be safer in 2012 than they are now based on actions taken by the Obama administration.

The surge did work, the stimulousy, not so much ..........

It did? What did it accomplish exactly? And what was it's original goal?

Surge brought violence down, the porkulous sent unemployment up .......

Is this a game to see how completely ambiguous you can be? How would one measure "bringing violence down"? Down to what level? Down FROM what level? Were they body count levels to meet? And as far as the stimulus, do you have any concrete proof that it caused unemplyment to go up? America was losing 700,000 jobs a month when Obama took office. That number has come down tremendously, so I am prepared to call "BULLSHIT" on your claim unless you can back it up with SOMETHING?

Forum List

Back