Obama's foreign policy in three words

Reagan's foreign policy resulted in over 200 dead Marines in Lebenon. And the Marines on guard were not allowed to have their guns loaded.

The ME and North Africa are the most politically and religiously volatial places on Earth. We cannot control their reactions or the violence there. We can only make sure those that harm Americans with no reason come to a bad end. President Obama has been very good at making that happen, in contrast to the previous administration.

Richard Hass was on Morning Joe today and said something that really stuck with me all day.

If the host nation can not guarantee the safety of out embassy staff then what's the point.

What's the point of having an embassy.

I say what's the point of having diplomatic relations with that country.
I feel we should sever ties with these countries and halt all aid until they gain control of their fucking people and can provide,more importantly guarantee the safety of our staff.

First step...get the people that did this.

• Banned
Reagan's foreign policy resulted in over 200 dead Marines in Lebenon. And the Marines on guard were not allowed to have their guns loaded.

The ME and North Africa are the most politically and religiously volatial places on Earth. We cannot control their reactions or the violence there. We can only make sure those that harm Americans with no reason come to a bad end. President Obama has been very good at making that happen, in contrast to the previous administration.
This thread isn't about Reagan or Bush.
Pointing to their failures does nothing to mitigate Obama's.

Next

Except we're not discussing Reagan, numbnuts.
It's Obama. The most failed president since Baby Doc Duvalier.

He made an outreach to the Arab World with his Cairo speech. And this is the result.
He made an outreach to Russia with his "re-set the agenda" speech. And they are arming the Syrian government.
He promised to sit down and talk to Iran. And they are quickening their development of nuclear weapons.
He went to Copenhagen to work on carbon emissions. Total bust.
The Chinese are not only not very cooperative, they own our ass.

Is there any bright spot here that you see, other than he will be out in January?

Let's use Obama's own words as proof he is clueless.

Right now AS WE TYPE Egypt is desperately trying to defend our embassy from the hundreds of protesters trying to storm in. So what does Obama do? He goes on national tv and insults the very people that are right now defending our embassy by telling them they are not our friends.

And you all say Romney shoots from the hip without aiming?

No one has anything to say about Obama insulting Egypt while they are defending our embassy?

I'm getting numb to his gaffes. And that's not good, but there are just so many screw ups with this man and his administration, it is hard to keep track of all of them.

other than Jordan Israel and iraq, is there an embassy in the ME that isn't under pressure?

so whats the arab spring looking like now? Folks said, a year ago, the MB was going to wind up runing the show and you all boohooed it, well, now they are and what have we got?

Hillary again apologized in reference to the same stupid Trojan horse you tube video, and then obama admin. had to walk back a statement as to Egypt not being an ally, I guess they were before they weren't then they are again:rolleyes:

The Syrians no matter how this turns out for them, won't look at us as having any juice in the region and their region especially, becasue we basically jerked off and enabled Assad to boot, great job:clap2:

A complete disaster.

How can these results be viewed in any other light? I mean let's look at the results thus far...

OBL dead (fantastic)
Everything else a complete cluster fuck

I'll do it for you in one word

appeasement

292973118_76004aee65.jpg

Forum List

Back