Obama's Foolish War On Marijuana...

No government reveals politicians for the corrupt hypocrites they are and always have been

I simply wonder whose really calling the $hot$. :eusa_whistle:

well, people have made millions from pot being illegal....... legally and illegally......

legalize pot and all those profits dissappear.......

if you were a massive drug dealer making millions a year off selling pot, would you support keeping it illegal?

Not just that but there are people in law enforcement who have built their careers on the war on drugs and are making very nice salaries fighting it.

No government reveals politicians for the corrupt hypocrites they are and always have been

well, people have made millions from pot being illegal....... legally and illegally......

if you were a massive drug dealer making millions a year off selling pot, would you support keeping it illegal?

I'd give several million dollars to self righteous republicans and a million less to conservative democrats. Spread the wealth where it'll do the most good preserving that status quo..

I'd ask my buddies running guns and trafficking humans on the Southwest border to do the same.

Not just that but there are people in law enforcement who have built their careers on the war on drugs and are making very nice salaries fighting it.

Yes they will have to be placated. The DEA is a very very powerful Government agency.

Yes they will have to be placated. The DEA is a very very powerful Government agency.

Plus the corrupt officials that take drug money will not like this either, you legalize weed and thats a slice of their profits you are taking off the streets.

Plus the corrupt officials that take drug money will not like this either, you legalize weed and thats a slice of their profits you are taking off the streets.

How about the alcohol lobby? Every Bud, Crown & Coke and Chardonnay you pay retail for funnels a little money to politicians who want to keep weed illegal.

Oh! The tangled web we weave!

YOUR president already thinks Americans are fat, lazy and stupid. There is no reason why we can't add pothead to the list making Americans fat, lazy, stupid potheads.

Now go cry about how unfair life is that you can't have what people who work have.

what is the process for decriminalization of MJ nationally?
Very simple. The Attorney General announces suspension of enforcement of laws for personal use and possession by adults but maintains enforcement and penalties for distribution to minors or for public use.

That was the situation in New York City during the 60s and 70s. There were head shops all over the place. Sears sold bongs, pipes, screens and rolling papers in their tobacco shop. Pot plants were growing in back yards and my across-the-street neighbor had some plants growing on his brownstone roof in Park Slope, Brooklyn. The laws remained on the books but the cops were told to avoid bringing in any bullshit marijuana arrests. Pot was no big deal.

Back than the price of an ounce of decent "ditch weed" was around $20 for an ounce and the finest hydroponically grown Indica sinsemilla could be had for around $75 (now $350 - $500). During that blessed period crime was way down because fewer cops were wasting time on marijuana arrests, the City saved a lot of money -- and there were no problems because of it.

Then came Ronald and Nancy Reagan, who did to America what syphillis does to a living organism.

Last edited:
Very simple. The Attorney General announces suspension of enforcement of laws for personal use and possession by adults but maintains enforcement and penalties for distribution to minors or for public use.

That was the situation in New York City during the 60s and 70s. There were head shops all over the place. Sears sold bongs, pipes, screens and rolling papers in their tobacco shop. Pot plants were growing in back yards and my across-the-street neighbor had some plants growing on his brownstone roof in Park Slope, Brooklyn. The laws remained on the books but the cops were told to avoid bringing in any bullshit marijuana arrests. Pot was no big deal.

Back than the price of an ounce of decent "ditch weed" was around $20 for an ounce and the finest hydroponically grown Indica sinsemilla could be had for around $75 (now $350 - $500). During that blessed period crime was way down because fewer cops were wasting time on marijuana arrests, the City saved a lot of money -- and there were no problems because of it.

Then came Ronald and Nancy Reagan, who did to America what syphillis does to a living organism.

yeah.....

thats like making drinking alchohol legal, but making it illegal to sell it.........

how are adults supposed to have "possession" of pot without someone to sell it?

yeah.....

thats like making drinking alchohol legal, but making it illegal to sell it.........

grow it yourself.

When it comes to the subject of marijuana, Barack Obama appears to talk out of both sides of his mouth. As a candidate, Obama intimated that he would respect state laws regarding medicinal marijuana and would not prosecute medicinal marijuana sales and use in states where it is legal.

[...]
Worse, without actually pronouncing it Obama skillfully managed to convey a clear impression that he would oppose marijuana prohibition. For example, when asked if he'd ever smoked pot Candidate Obama answered, "Yes. I inhaled -- frequently!" But within months after being elected President Obama held a town hall meeting and immediately dismissed the "leading question" by refusing to even discuss marijuana prohibition. And he did so arrogantly and contemptuously in a manner which implicitly said, "Thanks for the support. Now go screw yourselves."

Back in the early 80s, Federal Judge Robert W. Sweet, a prominent drug war critic, said "Americans will know they have an honest President when he seeks to end marijuana prohibition." So when Obama did that I knew right away he is a phony and is not to be trusted.

(But he's still better than any neo-con Republican.)

I know! One of my sons (he's 38) has been trying for about 2 years to clean up after getting addicted to pain killers...they are MUCH worse that pot. In fact i don't know of anyone who is addicted to pot. And even if they did, it's definately not as bad as going through the withdrawals you would with pain pills.
You're right.

Marijuana can be habit-forming if used regularly but is not physically addictive as are opiates and amphetamines. The marijuana habit is not compulsive and it diminishes day by day.

yeah.....

All that means is that it can only be sold by an establishment licensed for that purpose. Same law that keeps me from making a decent living hauling a cooler full of beer and change for $5 bills up and down a crowded beach without checking with the local authorities first.

Remember,we're only as free as our Government allows us to be. Legalizing Marijuana will not lead to a 'Marijuana Utopia.' The Government will not allow so much freedom. It's always about the control.

yeah.....

Back then everyone who used marijuana either had a plant or two growing or knew someone who was selliing it. And there were many, so that was no problem. As long as it was done discreetly and not brazenly no one cared. It was widely believed that the pot laws were an antiquated annoyance which soon would be wiped off the books.

Then came Ronald and Nancy Reagan and here we are.

Forum List

Back