Obama's Foolish War On Marijuana...

I think most of the people who support legalizing Marijuana believe that once it's legalized they'll be living in some sort of Marijuana Utopia. But that wont be the case at all. Once the Government gets involved with anything,your freedom & liberty begins to be eroded immediately. They may legalize it but you wont be free to grow it for your own personal use. They will demand your Taxes and the big Pharmaceuticals will take control. The only way you can be truly free is for the Government to just decriminalize it and leave it at that. But what are the odds the Government is going to do that? They have to be involved. They have to control the People. Americans are not nearly as free as they think they are.

Not just that but there alot of people who have built their careers on this war on drugs, plus there is alot of money tied up in it right now, there is no way those guys are going to let anyone take food off their table.

Spot on there. What will likely happen is that the Government will legalize it at some point. But they'll tax the hell out of it and wont allow individuals to grow it for their own personal use or sale. They will hand that task over to the Big Pharmaceutical Corporations. They will be the sole suppliers of it. Any hopes & dreams of having a small business Marijuana shop will be crushed forever. Only the Pharmaceutical Corporations will be allowed to produce it and sell it.

And Law Enforcement will be happy because they'll still be able to run around kicking Citizens' doors in making sure no one is growing their own or selling it. It will be a Win/Win for the Politicians,Pharmaceuticals,and Law Enforcement. But obviously the People will lose again. Government is only about control. They just can't allow the People to be free. It is very sad but it is what it is.

nah, if legalized people will be allowed to grow it.. it will be alot like microbreweries with a couple large national suppliers and local indies........

Maybe so but i'm not counting on it. And I don't see the Government allowing Citizens to grow it for their own personal use. There has to be something in it for the Politicians,Pharmaceuticals,and Law Enforcement. Nothing will be done until they are placated. But hey,i guess we'll see though.

I think most of the people who support legalizing Marijuana believe that once it's legalized they'll be living in some sort of Marijuana Utopia. But that wont be the case at all. Once the Government gets involved with anything,your freedom & liberty begins to be eroded immediately. They may legalize it but you wont be free to grow it for your own personal use. They will demand your Taxes and the big Pharmaceuticals will take control. The only way you can be truly free is for the Government to just decriminalize it and leave it at that. But what are the odds the Government is going to do that? They have to be involved. They have to control the People. Americans are not nearly as free as they think they are.

nah, it will not be treated much different than alchohol is now........

and they should tax it heavily since the price point will remain about the same because the price will drop because no longer being a risk of being jailed for it and people will be happier since they will actually know what they will be getting as opposed to buying $50 worth of ditchweed........

For a guy who was all for smoking dope and snorting coke when he was younger, you'd think Obama would be a little more enlightened about legalizing pot.

The Pharmaceuticals and Law Enforcement agencies are incredibly powerful. They are clearly opposed to the idea of legalizing Marijuana. Imagine Millions & Millions of people quitting their pills and toking some Marijuana instead? The powerful Pharmaceuticals would freak. They just can't allow that to happen.

Not just that but there alot of people who have built their careers on this war on drugs, plus there is alot of money tied up in it right now, there is no way those guys are going to let anyone take food off their table.

Spot on there. What will likely happen is that the Government will legalize it at some point. But they'll tax the hell out of it and wont allow individuals to grow it for their own personal use or sale. They will hand that task over to the Big Pharmaceutical Corporations. They will be the sole suppliers of it. Any hopes & dreams of having a small business Marijuana shop will be crushed forever. Only the Pharmaceutical Corporations will be allowed to produce it and sell it.

And Law Enforcement will be happy because they'll still be able to run around kicking Citizens' doors in making sure no one is growing their own or selling it. It will be a Win/Win for the Politicians,Pharmaceuticals,and Law Enforcement. But obviously the People will lose again. Government is only about control. They just can't allow the People to be free. It is very sad but it is what it is.

The law enforcement would still have plenty of drug arrests to make...there are so many people out there making / using meth, using Coke or heroin....THOSE are the drugs i would want to stay illegal, they're MUCH more dangerous than pot is...in fact i don't believe pot is dangerous at all. People high on pot are MUCH more relaxed, happy, fun to be around ( :) ), and if they drive a car they usually drive pretty slow!! Lol! I know someone that used to drink alot, and he'd get so mean and want to fight, drive fast, just a comlete ass. Once he got away from drinking and just smoked pot..he's a completely different person! Alot better to be around!

nah, if legalized people will be allowed to grow it.. it will be alot like microbreweries with a couple large national suppliers and local indies........

Maybe so but i'm not counting on it. And I don't see the Government allowing Citizens to grow it for their own personal use. There has to be something in it for the Politicians,Pharmaceuticals,and Law Enforcement. Nothing will be done until they are placated. But hey,i guess we'll see though.

nah, people who grow for personal use will be pretty small compared to those who would rather just buy a pack or bag........

it is easy to grow weed, but not easy to grow great weed........ after most spend 3-4 months and only get a bunch of stemy leaves, they will go back to buying......

since most serious growers will end up selling, they will be taxed and regulated like alchohol.......

The Pharmaceuticals and Law Enforcement agencies are incredibly powerful. They are clearly opposed to the idea of legalizing Marijuana. Imagine Millions & Millions of people quitting their pills and toking some Marijuana instead? The powerful Pharmaceuticals would freak. They just can't allow that to happen.

I think you have a point there, if marijuana becomes legalized I don't think they will let people grow it at home, you will be expected to buy it from state owned or goverment owned stores that sell it, kind of like hard liquor here in the South, some southern states like Virginia are only allowed to sell hard liquor in state owned and run ABC stores, no small business or other business can sell it from their locations.

Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control

You're right...the drug company's would really be hurting! I have friends that have a medical MJ card, i could probably actually get on easily. Most i know have had to take pain pills for different reason, so they can sleep and function. Since they started using MJ for this most haven't hardly touched any of their pain medication, they sleep well are relaxed and most definately eat well! Lol! So yes, the drug companies and the Dr's that get kickbacks on all their prescriptions would really lose out.....assholes.

Excellent post. And to add more than that-painkillers are much more destructive and addictive than pot is.

I had to take hydrocodone for months and months following a severe car injury, and after I def. realized how people can get addicted to that stuff.

I know! One of my sons (he's 38) has been trying for about 2 years to clean up after getting addicted to pain killers...they are MUCH worse that pot. In fact i don't know of anyone who is addicted to pot. And even if they did, it's definately not as bad as going through the withdrawals you would with pain pills.

I think most of us or family members have gone through this. It's an awful epidemic. Too many stories like this.

For a guy who was all for smoking dope and snorting coke when he was younger, you'd think Obama would be a little more enlightened about legalizing pot.

yeah, same for bush......

turns out that govenrment changes people.......

The law enforcement would still have plenty of drug arrests to make...there are so many people out there making / using meth, using Coke or heroin....THOSE are the drugs i would want to stay illegal, they're MUCH more dangerous than pot is...in fact i don't believe pot is dangerous at all. People high on pot are MUCH more relaxed, happy, fun to be around ( :) ), and if they drive a car they usually drive pretty slow!! Lol! I know someone that used to drink alot, and he'd get so mean and want to fight, drive fast, just a comlete ass. Once he got away from drinking and just smoked pot..he's a completely different person! Alot better to be around!

I agree with that 100%, those drugs need to stay illegal.

nah, people who grow for personal use will be pretty small compared to those who would rather just buy a pack or bag........

it is easy to grow weed, but not easy to grow great weed........ after most spend 3-4 months and only get a bunch of stemy leaves, they will go back to buying......

since most serious growers will end up selling, they will be taxed and regulated like alchohol.......

You could be right but i would rather they just decriminalize it and leave it at that. My experiences have shown me that Government involvement in most things ends very badly for the average Citizen. Just decriminalize it and let the People be free to have their weed.

what is the process for decriminalization of MJ nationally?

The federal level should not be involved. All references removed from federal law. Same thing for abortion and resource development.

I think we can now trust The People of The State of Missouri to use the rivers responsibly, ass-u-me-ing corporate developers have to ask The People of The State of Missouri for permission to develop, instead of just getting permission from a California Congressman on a powerful committee in exchange for $2 million in campaign contributions, The People of Missouri be damned.

You could be right but i would rather they just decriminalize it and leave it at that. My experiences have shown me that Government involvement in most things ends very badly for the average Citizen. Just decriminalize it and let the People be free to have their weed.

nah, it should be regulated like alchohol is.....

age limits to who can use
punishments for operating cars while on it
laws governing listing how it was grown or what it contains

I agree.

yeah, same for bush......

turns out that govenrment changes people.......

No government reveals politicians for the corrupt hypocrites they are and always have been

I simply wonder whose really calling the $hot$. :eusa_whistle:

well, people have made millions from pot being illegal....... legally and illegally......

legalize pot and all those profits dissappear.......

if you were a massive drug dealer making millions a year off selling pot, would you support keeping it illegal?

Everyone likes drugs, so does the government. They do not care if people are on drugs they just care about who's drugs. If pot was legal all these incredibly expensive antidepressants would have no buyers. Law enforcement and the private prison lobby dictates our drug policy and our politicians just go along with it.

Even Law Enforcement has reasonable people. Reasonable is good.

LEAP | Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Yea you have to support age limits and punishments for driving while high. That would have to happen. I was thinking more along the lines of Taxation and too much control. Government has a nasty habit of over-reaching.

Forum List

Back