Obama's fantasy world

Statements like that make me a little sad. Not that I think the bankers that were involved in bringing us to this crisis are innocent, but that seeing others miserable too would bring anyone cheer.

I confess I also cheer when the bad guys finally get their comeuppance in the movies, too.

You see the thing about allowing people to steal trillions and get away with it is that they'll be back to steal more later.

Hang a few of the sociopathic bastards and a whole lot of bankers would think twice about risking other people's money on goofy investments in the future.

What we have done is REWARDED the people who screwed the rest of us.

Bad policy in my opinion.

I'm sure the evil bankers would have been much happier to have their home loans PAID BACK.

Why weren't they?

Nobody ever blames actual regular people for anything. It's always 'evil capitalists' or 'the politicians' or whatever.

Seriously... in all the press coverage, have you seen one story in which they pointed the finger at a home borrower who was irresponsible?

Do you really think that the problem we are facing are solely because some very small percentage of the population cannot pay back tose mortgages?

You are misifnormed if you do.

Those bad morgages were the snowball that started the fianancial avalanche.

Had it not been the mmortgage crises, some other crises which strained the banks (which were lending 40 times as much as they had in real assets) would have cuased this problem.

The problem, the REAL probelm, was bad BANKING practices.

WillowTree said:
DUmbass, you act like we really had a choice! Shit!

And how did you arrive at that brilliant DUmmie conclusion! :lol:

It was easy per yer own words.

Last edited:
I confess I also cheer when the bad guys finally get their comeuppance in the movies, too.

You see the thing about allowing people to steal trillions and get away with it is that they'll be back to steal more later.

Hang a few of the sociopathic bastards and a whole lot of bankers would think twice about risking other people's money on goofy investments in the future.

What we have done is REWARDED the people who screwed the rest of us.

Bad policy in my opinion.

I'm not arguing that the bankers should be rewarded, just that having satisfaction in someone elses misery is sad.

There's a lot of blame to be passed around. And I don't think we should be bailing any of them out. I think the companies that made poor decisions about the risk should fail. I think the people that couldn't afford those homes should lose them. I think if we're going to take billions or trillions of tax payer dollars and throw it at a problem if should be to put millions of US workers back to work on fixing our countries infrastructure and projects of that nature where we invest in the country, not failed financial institutions or manufactures that can't figure out how to compete like the US auto industry.

I'm sure the evil bankers would have been much happier to have their home loans PAID BACK.

Why weren't they?

Nobody ever blames actual regular people for anything. It's always 'evil capitalists' or 'the politicians' or whatever.

Seriously... in all the press coverage, have you seen one story in which they pointed the finger at a home borrower who was irresponsible?

Good point. We are having a similar discussion about the Black Friday death of the employee at Wal-mart. http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-being-trampled-in-black-friday-stampede.html

Last edited:

Did any of them get their butts bailed out to the tune of 350 billion dollars. No, most of them will lose their homes. Yes, they were at fault for getting in over their heads. But the bankers also are at fault.

By the end of this loaning orgasm, all you had to do was say you were a

Carpenter, breadmaker or candlestick maker. You didn't need to show your tax filing, or any proof of job or pay. Now, please tell me that that isn't some pretty fucking irresponsible lending on the banks part.

But like it was posted, in an Oligarchy, the rich get bailed out. That's what happened this time. We won't see any of that money back like we did when they loaned it to Chrysler.

Reagan started the war on the middle class with his Trickle Down Theory. That was the most blatant attempt to say that the rich make the economy work and you little shits just need to collect their left over fecal dropping$$.

The middle class makes this economy work. When they are working and getting a decent wage, they spend and the economy grows.

When the rich piss on us with the tinkle down theory, we get exactly what we have today. There is no regulation on the bankers because we can trust them to do the right thing. Fucking Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigt!

I can't understand how anyone making a middle income, can not be totally offended by Reagan's Trickle Down Theory.

I am not against capitalism or corporation. I am against a system to says the millions of people working everyday to make the coporations successful don't count.

Why has productivity continue to go up while wages go down?

editec erupted:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As an ANCIENT poster once wrote: "Well, you've got the easy part done: you've talked about it!"

At least investigate the major players to see how they got so screwed up that we were told that if we didn't bail them out the sky would fall.

What we did was just reinforce the fact that if the money lenders screw up they will be taken care of.

If the auto industry screws up, well that's a different situation.

Dumbass, read what I said.

I did read what you said DUmbass. you said:

350 billion of your tax money has been given to the bankers to cover their asses and they haven't used it to stop the economic slide.

Talk about being dupes.

Now to be a dupe would imply that we the duped took an active part in the 350 billion dollar giveaway, as if we had a choice in the matter. We didn't.

Now to be a dupe would imply that we the duped took an active part in the 350 billion dollar giveaway, as if we had a choice in the matter. We didn't.
Everyone who has not in some manner actively tried to put a stop to this whole banking/bailout fiasco has been somewhat complicit in it.

source

Bank executives should not have to MAKE sacrifices, they should BE SACRIFICED, publically on TV.

It won't help the economy one bit, but it would certainly cheer a lot of Americans up to see some of those selfish bastards' hearts ripped out.

How typically leftist. "What we really need is a policy that does nothing to help anyone, but encourages hatred, class envy, and bickering among Americans."

S'matter, punkin? You get turned down for a bank loan because they wouldn't accept your old Spiderman comics as collateral?

Why weren't they?

What're you talking about, Mr. Silly? Don't you know that banks were just DYING to be able to make home loans to people with no credit and little ability to pay in depressed neighborhoods so that they could default and the banks would have to foreclose and be left holding a house they couldn't resell? Those evil bankers FORCED the benevolent government to let them do so, even though the all-wise, all-knowing politicians really wanted to restrict them to making only those loans with a good chance of being repaid.

I know, because the Democrats told me so.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
The banks sold the paper to the reinsurer's like AIG and mortagage purchasing companies such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The inflated values to these notes they sold were eventually paid for by the investors not the bankers. In many cases they have sold and resold one mortgage document more than once. That was after they collected the underwriting fees and knew full well the loans would not go full term. On the other hand many loans were made by banks on collateral that they had no entitlements too. When people started putting their retirement accounts into large pools all of that money was to tempting for the marketers to pass up.

HUD had problems in the Clinton era. They were playing this paper altering/change paper for money game then. Catherine Fitts attempted to get the agency straighten out. They blacklisted her. Her story is online.

Predatorix is also online. Cyrus has been documenting the fraudulent paperchase for several years.

What're you talking about, Mr. Silly? Don't you know that banks were just DYING to be able to make home loans to people with no credit and little ability to pay in depressed neighborhoods so that they could default and the banks would have to foreclose and be left holding a house they couldn't resell? Those evil bankers FORCED the benevolent government to let them do so, even though the all-wise, all-knowing politicians really wanted to restrict them to making only those loans with a good chance of being repaid.

I know, because the Democrats told me so.

No need to worry anymore tho. The great O will soon step out from behind the curtain and grant homes to all.

Why weren't they?

Ah now, now, your mentioning "personal responsibility"

You know you can't do that, it isn't fair!

Your picking on people!

Don't worry, Obama is going to change that too, the thought of personal responsibility will be left in dusty books, in the journals of history!
:lol:

Yeah, and then he'll squat down and shoot gold bricks and rainbows out of his anus.

Real classy. After eight years of complete incompetance and corruption, anything that Obama does will be an improvement. The fact that you have defended such people is a reflection of your moral values.

Forum List

Back