Obama's False Populism

Could be that Obama got an e-mail from China stating that they are not going to lend the US any money in 2011. I think we may have been cut off. That's the only way I know of that would prevent a liberal Democrat from spending money.
More likely they said they wanted flowers before he did sex to them.

:D

:lol::lol:

Best skit SnL has done in some time...

The thing that pisses me off the most... is that this is just another cheap stunt, not done for the best interest of the country, but for political gain. Obama's CONSISTENT motivation is what's best for himself and his party, never what's best for the nation as a whole. He's a president for the left, for some citizens. Not for all. Otherwise, he'd do some REAL budgeting.

Sure. It's a drop in the bucket; we'll take it. But it's like being mugged for all your money and jewelry... and then having the mugger offer to let you keep your pocket change. And now, we're all supposed to be "supportive" and pat the guy on the back, because he's oh-so-nobly elected not to spend as much as he might have spent. :rolleyes:

I wonder when he does his SOTU speech, if he'll admit that he ballooned up discretionary spending on the 2009 budget and had ALREADY planned to nip it in a little this year and next. I wonder if he'll confess that even with his "freeze" it still won't be less than before he took office.

I doubt it.

The thing that pisses me off the most... is that this is just another cheap stunt, not done for the best interest of the country, but for political gain. Obama's CONSISTENT motivation is what's best for himself and his party, never what's best for the nation as a whole. He's a president for the left, for some citizens. Not for all. Otherwise, he'd do some REAL budgeting.

Sure. It's a drop in the bucket; we'll take it. But it's like being mugged for all your money and jewelry... and then having the mugger offer to let you keep your pocket change. And now, we're all supposed to be "supportive" and pat the guy on the back, because he's oh-so-nobly elected not to spend as much as he might have spent. :rolleyes:

I wonder when he does his SOTU speech, if he'll admit that he ballooned up discretionary spending on the 2009 budget and had ALREADY planned to nip it in a little this year and next. I wonder if he'll confess that even with his "freeze" it still won't be less than before he took office.

I doubt it.

____

You are correct - it is a stunt, and his spending spree is as out of control as it was prior to announcing this pittance of a freeze.

By doing so though, he is opening the door for having to admit that fiscal responsibility is important - and therein Republicans can then attempt to extend Obama's calls for fiscal restraint, and if Obama refuses, then that becomes yet another in a growing list of campaign issues for the 2010 elections.

Obama is also counting on the media to spin his spending freeze proposal - but that is already NOT happening, and will not happen much following tomorrow's speech by the president.

Obama is floundering bit time - and it will not get better for him.

In fact, the only thing that may save his presidency is the Republicans making big gains in 2010. Otherwise, the blame is being squarely placed upon Obama and the Democrats, and that could very well transfer to 2012...

+
So tomorrow night the president, now under intense pressure following the rising tide of Tea Party populism in America, will go before the nation and proudly declare a targeted "spending freeze".

Such a situation is proof positive that Obamanomics are not working. Recall during the campaign when Obama mocked John McCain for proposing a spending freeze. Now Obama finds himself, at least superficially, embracing the concept of more conservative fiscal policy.

This proposal by Obama though - even under his own White House best case scenario positive projections, show a savings of just $250 billion over ten years - or roughly $25 billion per year. In essence - a very small fraction of the overall federal budget. It should also be noted that the proposal will come AFTER Obama finishes up passage of an additional $150 billion "jobs bill" that is on top off the hundreds of billions still left unspent for his stimulus bill. Those two items alone account for nearly a trillion dollars in ADDITIONAL government spending - so $25 billion a year savings is NOTHING. Absolutely nothing.

It is akin to one proudly declaring they will not borrow $10 next year because you want to be more fiscally responsible - but then borrowing $1000 this year and hoping nobody notices the hypocrisy.

That being said, this superficial populism by Obama is an opportunity to elicit real fiscal conservatism from him in the not too distant future. Conservatives should endorse Obama's spending freeze - while pointing out they fall far short and offering up far more real and effective opportunities for spending controls. Require that Obama make the choice of fully supporting real conservative populism, are openly fighting it - as he has done since day one.

America's economy is facing an increasingly uncertain future that can only be salvaged by a vibrant and growing economy. Obama and the Democrat Party leadership are fighting such growth with policies intended to grow the government at the expense of the private sector. If this situation is not remedied, full on fiscal chaos will ensue.

Let Obama dip his toe into the populist waters, and then push him in.

Let's see if the guy knows how to swim

You guys should write a song hailing yourselves. The title will be "Listen to the Loons!".

You have made my GOP the party of second place in the world.

Forum List

Back