Obama's "Fair Share" Refuted

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Hill Poll: Likely voters prefer lower individual, business tax rates - TheHill.com

"Three-quarters of likely voters believe the nation’s top earners should pay lower, not higher, tax rates, according to a new poll for The Hill.

The big majority opted for a lower tax bill when asked to choose specific rates; precisely 75 percent said the right level for top earners was 30 percent or below.

The current rate for top earners is 35 percent. Only 4 percent thought it was appropriate to take 40 percent, which is approximately the level that President Obama is seeking from January 2013 onward.

The Hill Poll also found that 73 percent of likely voters believe corporations should pay a lower rate than the current 35 percent, as both the White House and Republicans push plans to lower rates.........."

This is what happens when people (Obama) with wealth envy use buzz words like "fair share" and are unable to define the term. Looks like the American public ain't buying what Dear Ruler is selling.

With more than 49% of Americans paying no Federal Income Tax at all, I think it's a big joke for Obama to be bitching about the rich not paying their fair share. The rich are carrying all the dead wood in this country. Everybody needs some skin in the game regardless of income. Everybody should have the same tax rate, i.e., 10%.

With more than 49% of Americans paying no Federal Income Tax at all, I think it's a big joke for Obama to be bitching about the rich not paying their fair share. The rich are carrying all the dead wood in this country. Everybody needs some skin in the game regardless of income. Everybody should have the same tax rate, i.e., 10%.
That would be corrected with the installation of The Fair Tax as proposed. Prostitutes, drug dealers, thieves, lawyers, EVERYBODY would pay tax on what they purchase. Income tax (and the bigger part of the IRS) would go away.:clap2:

Fat chance of that ever happening...but it would be nice.

Simple ideas from simple minds.

Moocher

including non-profits

including non-profits

Why?

Hill Poll: Likely voters prefer lower individual, business tax rates - TheHill.com

"Three-quarters of likely voters believe the nation’s top earners should pay lower, not higher, tax rates, according to a new poll for The Hill.

The big majority opted for a lower tax bill when asked to choose specific rates; precisely 75 percent said the right level for top earners was 30 percent or below.

The current rate for top earners is 35 percent. Only 4 percent thought it was appropriate to take 40 percent, which is approximately the level that President Obama is seeking from January 2013 onward.

The Hill Poll also found that 73 percent of likely voters believe corporations should pay a lower rate than the current 35 percent, as both the White House and Republicans push plans to lower rates.........."

This is what happens when people (Obama) with wealth envy use buzz words like "fair share" and are unable to define the term. Looks like the American public ain't buying what Dear Ruler is selling.

posted this when it first came out... not a nibble.

posted this when it first came out... not a nibble.

I did a quick look and didn't see a thread, so I started one. Sorry about that. I wasn't expecting more than the usual drive by comments by liberals.

Yes, how DARE all those people not make enough money to pay taxes on it !!!!

Your poll asked voters to choose specific rates, probably without knowing either the history of top tax rates or what they currently are.

inequality-page25_actualdistribwithlegend.png

So, it's hardly surprising you get that answer.

As for people who don't pay any federal income tax being moochers or not having skin in the game, that's profoundly retarded.

First off...ONLY PEOPLE PAY TAXES. Businesses and corporations simply pass on their costs of taxation to the consumers of their goods/services.

When you buy a loaf of bread, as the final consumer, YOU are stuck paying ALL the taxes that went into the production of that loaf of bread.
You paid the farmers taxes for growing the wheat.
You pay the TRUCKING company's taxes for hauling the wheat. Don't forget the GAS TAX!
You make the millers taxes for grinding the wheat.
You pay the bakers tazes when he bakes the wheat into bread.
You pay ANOTHER trucking company's taxes for hauling the bread to the grocery store. Don't forget the GAS TAX...AGAIN!
And you pay the taxes for the grocery store.

Now please explain how 99% of people paying ALL THOSE TAXES don't pay any tax?

You're whining like some a-hole at a post country club, about how nobody is joining your

The rich have seen their top income tax rates drop from 90% to 35% from the 60's to today. 50 years.
And capital gains taxes slashed.
Let me know when I can see that sort of rate drop for middle income workers, willya?
Or when all those tax cuts "trickled down" into middle income upward mobility or wage increases ?

Last edited:

Yes, how DARE all those people not make enough money to pay taxes on it !!!!

Drop two of the five pay channels they have in their cable tv package and pay that money to Obama, problem solved... :thup:

And yet it's all true. Got a better idea?

And yet it's all true. Got a better idea?

Sure, A progressive system without a plethora of loopholes.

Forum List

Back