Obama's failures as President

Why don't you Google Christina Romer and Jared Bernstien and "The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan." Do you know who they are or how Obama used that report?

That report proves that they never promised 8% UE.

Again, let's hear the quote were President Obama promised 8% UE, or,

as an alternative, how about you shut up and quit making a fool of yourself?

Are you "still" trying to pretend that when Christina Romer stood in front of the White House and told the American people that if the Obama Administration was given the stimulus they were asking for that unemployment would not go above 8%...and if they didn't get that stimulus that it would go over 9%...that she wasn't representing the White House? Show me where Barack Obama corrected her projections...other than months later when it was quite obvious that his economic team had first totally misjudged the severity of the problem and that their version of "stimulus" wasn't working very well.

Indeed. He didn't correct the statement. It's tentamount to admission.

Last edited:
That report proves that they never promised 8% UE.

Again, let's hear the quote were President Obama promised 8% UE, or,

as an alternative, how about you shut up and quit making a fool of yourself?

Are you "still" trying to pretend that when Christina Romer stood in front of the White House and told the American people that if the Obama Administration was given the stimulus they were asking for that unemployment would not go above 8%...and if they didn't get that stimulus that it would go over 9%...that she wasn't representing the White House? Show me where Barack Obama corrected her projections...other than months later when it was quite obvious that his economic team had first totally misjudged the severity of the problem and that their version of "stimulus" wasn't working very well.

Indeed. He didn't correct the statement. I's tentamount to admission.

Don't you like how liberals on this board are arguing simultaneously:

1) Obama personally gets credit for killing Obama because the military representing him got Obama.

2) Obama is not personally responsible for the claims of his own administration economists who wrote a report and testified for the stimulus that Obama was trying to get passed.

I will never get how liberals are so unable to grasp their own hypocrisy. But wow, they don't...

1) Obama personally gets credit for killing Obama because the military representing him got Obama.

2) Obama is not personally responsible for the claims of his own administration economists who wrote a report and testified for the stimulus that Obama was trying to get passed.

I will never get how liberals are so unable to grasp their own hypocrisy. But wow, they don't...

you might want to re-read that post.

I'm just saying.

No he didn't

Unemployment was already well over 8% when stimulus passed

Actually it was 7.2% when he said it. A lie repeated is still a lie. Google, my friend is a cure for ignorance.

Why don't you google us the quote where President Obama promises 8% UE.

So, you are actually going to argue that Obama is not responsible for anything the Obama administration says? Unless of course it helps your cause, right?

I'm just saying.

Actually Oldstyle and I were taking the same side against the same post. You may have noticed the site only keeps nesting so deep in replies.

Actually it was 7.2% when he said it. A lie repeated is still a lie. Google, my friend is a cure for ignorance.

Why don't you google us the quote where President Obama promises 8% UE.

So, you are actually going to argue that Obama is not responsible for anything the Obama administration says? Unless of course it helps your cause, right?

True dat. She's going to say whatever it takes to keep those government checks coming.

I'm just saying.

Actually Oldstyle and I were taking the same side against the same post. You may have noticed the site only keeps nesting so deep in replies.

I was referring to this part...
Obama personally gets credit for killing Obama because the military representing him got Obama.

And advocation neutering the very same vehicle that made it possible...the US Military.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I'm just saying.

I was referring to this part...
Obama personally gets credit for killing Obama because the military representing him got Obama.

OK, then you just didn't follow my argument. That quote was not in this particular nest. I have been pointing out that liberals:

1) Don't blame Obama personally for any negative consequence of what his administration does or says, they do blame W personally for any negative consequence of actions of his administration.

2) Don't blame Obama personally for any negative consequence of what his administration does or says, they do credit Obama personally for any positive consequence of the entire Federal government.

That point was an example of it. If you don't know where I got it, read more of the discussions going on. I did not say that particular point was in this post.

What did they cut? Why they cut taxes for the 1% for 2 years. Don't you remember? It was the only way they'd agree to extend unemployment benefits for one year.

This is how congress thinks, that's why their approval rating is close to zero,

Since the thread is about Obama, maybe you could 'splain why his approval ratings are lower than any president during the past 70 years.

They aren't, he's been very consistent.

Presidential Approval Ratings History - Interactive Comparison Graph - WSJ.com

Apparently reading a graph is not one of your skills: But the graph you're using isn't one of the easier to read. Maybe that's why you use them?

No president during the past 70 years has had lower approval ratings than Obama at the same point during their presidency.

Johnson and Bush Sr. had about the same approval ratings

Presidential Job Approval Center

PS.....Carter's approval rating was much higher than Obama's at the same point in his presidency.

What did they cut? Why they cut taxes for the 1% for 2 years. Don't you remember? It was the only way they'd agree to extend unemployment benefits for one year.

Weasel Words.

If I agree not to rob you for two years, then I guess I contributed to your income.

There was no NEW " Income Tax Cut."

However there was a "One Year Reduction" in payroll taxes....which is especially helpful in states where the minimum wage automatically increases for inflation.:badgrin:

and what was the point of cutting taxes for all when at the same time the Obama $3.75 a gallon gas actually made it pointless,,,wow,,,we all get 20-40 dollars extra a week, and at the same time, gas for many americans is an extra 20 to 40 dollars a week. Pretty much explains why Obama is a failure at doing math.

Forum List

Back