Obama's Economy?!?...Riddle Me This, Batman

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
How can the Bamster and his boot licking sycophants claim that today's economic conditions are a product of his actions, when he spent eight years trying to convince us all that a moribund economy and the ongoing sub-3% growth rate were the "new normal"?

C'mon, dazzle me with the inescapable logic that makes both true...I can't wait.

The Great Obama maintained a stable economy
Crooked Donnie is maintaining the trend

Not the question posed....But thanks for playing.

GrotesqueSaneAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

How can the Bamster and his boot licking sycophants claim that today's economic conditions are a product of his actions, when he spent eight years trying to convince us all that a moribund economy and the ongoing sub-3% growth rate were the "new normal"?

C'mon, dazzle me with the inescapable logic that makes both true...I can't wait.

Cool, if you can't wait take a long walk on a very short pier. No one at your office in the Ministry of
truth will miss you.

If you think ... err, of course you can't, if you believe you can rewrite recent history, you're dumber than even I believed.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy:

Obabble gets credit for the current economy Because Reasons, Feelz, and just Shut Up.

What are you claiming has changed? Unemployment was already going down, jobs were already going up, and as for GDP...

2017 was under 3% growth and for 2018 to be over 3%, 4Q growth will have to be at least 4.1% (depending on the revisions to Q3) I’m not convinced it wil be that high

What are you claiming has changed? Unemployment was already going down, jobs were already going up, and as for GDP...

2017 was under 3% growth and for 2018 to be over 3%, 4Q growth will have to be at least 4.1% (depending on the revisions to Q3) I’m not convinced it wil be that high
Like everything in Trumps life, he was born on third base with an Obama economy and is bragging how he hit a triple

Actually,

Workers are making more money and taking home a larger percentage of what they earn. It should come as no surprise that the Conference Board recently reported that its consumer confidence index had climbed from 135.3 in September to 137.9 in October. Both readings are the highest in 18 years.

That confidence is, in turn, driving consumer spending. This spending has increased every month since April, following the Internal Revenue Service lowering withholding rates – thanks to the Republican tax cuts.

With consumer spending driving over two-thirds of GDP growth, we are finally seeing the kind of growth in the GDP that we should have seen under President Obama and coming out of the recession.

We are averaging 3.3 percent GDP growth year to date with GDP growth coming in at 4.2 percent in the second quarter and 3.5 percent in the third.

It’s early, but the Atlanta Federal Reserve is projecting over 2.6 percent growth for fourth quarter. If true (and I believe that estimate is low), GDP growth would be 3.1 percent for 2018, making it the first year since 2005 with 3 percent or better GDP growth.

If the projection is correct, Obama would be the only post-World War II president without a single calendar year of at least 3 percent GDP growth. In fact, the economy is so strong that the Federal Reserve Bank has had enough confidence to raise interest rates seven times since the election and will raise them an eighth time in December.

Higher interest rates create demand for interest-bearing instruments – like bonds – and decrease the demand for stocks, driving prices down. Nonetheless, and despite the recent ups and downs in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, it remains up over 35 percent.

That is a huge testament to the economy’s strength. During the entire Obama era – prior to the 2016 election – the Fed only had enough confidence in the economy to raise interest rates once (in December 2015) and then only by one quarter of 1 percent.

What does this all mean? In essence, Obama didn't have jack squat to do with Trump's economic improvement. Trump's policies are working, and Obama's didn't.

The economy isn't good, guys. If anyone says it is good, then, 1 - they don't understand economics, or 2 - they're lying.

Like everything in Trumps life, he was born on third base with an Obama economy and is bragging how he hit a triple
The "Obama economy" was a stagnant, stuck shit show....His claiming the current conditions as his doing is saying you hit a triple, when you're in the locker room after being taken out of the game.
The only stagnation came from Republicans demanding austerity

The economy isn't good, guys. If anyone says it is good, then, 1 - they don't understand economics, or 2 - they're lying.
Vastly better than under Obama....I can tell because the construction sites are brimming with the kinds of second-stringer subs that couldn't find work for eight years.
Jobs with stagnant pay and few benefits

Trumps America

The "Obama economy" was a stagnant, stuck shit show....His claiming the current conditions as his doing is saying you hit a triple, when you're in the locker room after being taken out of the game.
The only stagnation came from Republicans demanding austerity
Horseshit....There never was any "austerity"....Spending increased every year....And as far as the lame sequester is concerned, that was Obama's idea thinking that he could make republicans cave, which they didn't.

The Great Obama gave Crooked Donnie an economy in overdrive

Trump just stepped in and took credit

Forum List

Back