Obama's earmark for his wife

Wow

Rookie
Jul 10, 2008
Texas
Where is this so called change? It must be in Africa because it's not in the US. :eusa_angel:

The Campaign Spot on National Review Online
One of Obama's Earmark Requests Was for the Hospital That Employs Michelle Obama

Dan Riehl notes, via Amanda Carpenter, that in the list of earmarks he requested, $1 million was requested for the construction of a new hospital pavilion at the University Of Chicago. The request was put in in 2006.

You know who works for the University of Chicago Hospital?

Michelle Obama. She's vice president of community affairs.

As Byron noted, "In 2006, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office."

Looks like that raise was worth it.

03/13 04:48 PM

Where is this so called change? It must be in Africa because it's not in the US. :eusa_angel:

One of Obama's Earmark Requests Was for the Hospital That Employs Michelle Obama

Dan Riehl notes, via Amanda Carpenter, that in the list of earmarks he requested, $1 million was requested for the construction of a new hospital pavilion at the University Of Chicago. The request was put in in 2006.

You know who works for the University of Chicago Hospital?

Michelle Obama. She's vice president of community affairs.

As Byron noted, "In 2006, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office."

Lame....

He got money for a HOSPITAL in his district. That's what people want their congressman to do.

How old are you? Does your mother know you are using the computer?

You know who works for the University of Chicago Hospital?Michelle Obama. She's vice president of community affairs.

sigh, I am starting to think your working for Obama. Baseless attacks do little to further the cause of defeating Obama.

• Banned
Lame....

He got money for a HOSPITAL in his district. That's what people want their congressman to do.

How old are you? Does your mother know you are using the computer?
I thought Obama was the candidate for change?
Obama made change the cornerstone of his campaign, where is this change?
When Obama says he will not do business as usual in Washington, should we assume Obama is lying and ignore his ear marks for his own wife?
His witch says she is not proud of America? She gets her salary doubled because he husband got $1 million for her employer.
In my occupation, that would be highly illegal and people would go to prison.
As you can see, I could careless how the media tries to make Obama some sort of a rock star, I'm not 20 years old.
Obama is a typical corrupt Gangsta from Chicago!

I've always been a big earmark fan actually... You send your peeps to washington to look after your best interest.. earmarks do that... whether it be assistance with a factory, hospital, Hwy, bridge, or study funding the smoking of snails that eat tobacco..

Who btw, uses this hospital?

• Banned
I've always been a big earmark fan actually... You send your peeps to washington to look after your best interest.. earmarks do that... whether it be assistance with a factory, hospital, Hwy, bridge, or study funding the smoking of snails that eat tobacco..

Earmarks are a form of discrimination.
Politicians are taking money from taxpayers in 50 states and are spending it in one state. Look at the Big Dig in Boston. It's been a $15 billion disaster. It's the most expensive tunnel in world history and it barely functions and is still killing innocent people.
Why should Texans be paying for such incompetence and have no control over it?
This is taking more power from the people.
Chicago hospital?
Michelle Obama's salary at this hospital was increased 265%, after Barry was elected Senator. The $1 Million earmark covers her salary increase for a decade.
I see this as giving money to himself or his own family. This is stealing from the American people!

Earmarks are a form of discrimination.
Politicians are taking money from taxpayers in 50 states and are spending it in one state. Look at the Big Dig in Boston. It's been a $15 billion disaster. It's the most expensive tunnel in world history and it barely functions and is still killing innocent people.
Why should Texans be paying for such incompetence and have no control over it?
This is taking more power from the people.
Chicago hospital?
Michelle Obama's salary at this hospital was increased 265%, after Barry was elected Senator. The $1 Million earmark covers her salary increase for a decade.
I see this as giving money to himself or his own family. This is stealing from the American people!

The Big Dig?

That has nothing to do with money for a hospital in Illinois. Why don't you go back to gay marriage and flag burning amendments?

• Banned
The Big Dig?

That has nothing to do with money for a hospital in Illinois. Why don't you go back to gay marriage and flag burning amendments?

Earmarks, otherwise formerly know as pork spending are BULLSHIT, and should not be allowed. Each piece of legislation should stand on its own and have the light of day shone on it, not hidden on page 23 of another initiative.

I don't care who is doing it or for what reason. I guarantee you that you expose that shit to actual scrutiny and a lot of it will never be proposed.

Earmarks, otherwise formerly know as pork spending are BULLSHIT, and should not be allowed. Each piece of legislation should stand on its own and have the light of day shone on it, not hidden on page 23 of another initiative.

I don't care who is doing it or for what reason. I guarantee you that you expose that shit to actual scrutiny and a lot of it will never be proposed.

We agree. We need to eliminate earmarks and institute term limits.

Amen!

I wonder what the subside to earmark spending ratio is... yet I hear not a peep from you about elimination of subsides for oil and farm production...

I wonder what the subside to earmark spending ratio is... yet I hear not a peep from you about elimination of subsides for oil and farm production...

Probably because the topic is about earmarks? Not sure, but there COULD be a clue there.:eusa_eh:

I'm not clairvoyent. I can't respond to your every non sequitur prior to you dragging it out.

Blatent nepotism is one of the things one expects to find in corrupted empires like the USA.

The government has been rife with this cozy kind of quid pro quo arrangement for the tally-ho class and their loyal servants ever since 1789. (doubt me? Follow the lives and careers of the signers of the constitution and their scions and the loyal servant class that works for them, over the span of American history some time. the pattern will become clear if you read enough of it)

So this doesn't surprise me, and, yes, it does annoy me.

FWIW University of Chicago is neo-con central, folks.

See the good cop/bad cop pattern unfolding here?

Of course the partisans of both "parties" can't see it because they're so enamoured blaming the mythical insane liberals or conservatives they don't have time to think too deeply about it, but many Americans can recognize, I think, that this is a shamocracy.

We get to pull the lever for whichever team we happen to think is the least bad one, (and there are cosmetic differences, to be sure) but both teams drink from the same well, and both are stauch supporters of that cozy status quo that keeps them and thiers on top.

The alternative to these fake teams is really having truly different teams seeking true changes and that hasn't really happened since the last civil war.

Giving the president the power of the line Item Veto would not be a bad idea either IMO. How many times has one side or another loaded up a bill with totally unrelated Pork Projects knowing the President could not afford to veto the whole bill? Or to force them into vetoing an other wise needed bill?

Last edited:
editec,

FWIW University of Chicago is neo-con central, folks.
LOL
Not hardly!
They lied about Obomber being a Professor.

I don't have a problem with some earmarks as long as it's justified.

1 million dollars for a hospital....:clap2:

$200 million for a bridge to an island with 8000 people....:hellno:

Giving the president the power of the line Item Veto would not be a bad idea either IMO. How many times has one side or another loaded up a bill with totally unrelated Pork Projects knowing the President could not afford to veto the whole bill? Or to force them into vetoing an other wise needed bill?
Absolutely!

Forum List

Back