Obama’s Credibility Gap

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Obama’s Credibility Gap

Who is Barack Obama?

Americans are still looking for the answer, and if they don’t get it soon — or if they don’t like the answer — the president’s current political problems will look like a walk in the park.

Mr. Obama may be personally very appealing, but he has positioned himself all over the political map: the anti-Iraq war candidate who escalated the war in Afghanistan; the opponent of health insurance mandates who made a mandate to buy insurance the centerpiece of his plan; the president who stocked his administration with Wall Street insiders and went to the mat for the banks and big corporations, but who is now trying to present himself as a born-again populist.

Mr. Obama is in danger of being perceived as someone whose rhetoric, however skillful, cannot always be trusted. He is creating a credibility gap for himself, and if it widens much more he won’t be able to close it.

Op-Ed Columnist - Obama’s Credibility Gap - NYTimes.com

unfortunately, those who weren't caught up in the great "anybody but bush" and it must be a D, have known this for quite some time.....it appears that the left wing media is catching on as well....

Sounds like Jimmy Carter II. Only Carter didn't crater so quickly or so spectacularly. Same problem as carter in the election, same problem as carter in the administration. Too much fuzz in the declaring who he way, too many retreads in the administration, too much hard left in the folks who weren't retreads.

Carter and his grin were too much of someone perpetrating a practical joke and laughing just a little early. Carter also treated the electorate as simpletons who were easily mislead by weird symbols, but he didn't understand symbolism enough to do it well.

But Carter wasn't so narcissistic. Or so bombastic. And Carter did try and learn.

Who is Obama?

Judge him by his closest advisor and mentor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc2FCJ7zWEQ]YouTube - Barack Obama Pastor Jeremiah Wright NEW TAPES!!!![/ame]

Sounds like Jimmy Carter II. Only Carter didn't crater so quickly or so spectacularly. Same problem as carter in the election, same problem as carter in the administration. Too much fuzz in the declaring who he way, too many retreads in the administration, too much hard left in the folks who weren't retreads.

Carter and his grin were too much of someone perpetrating a practical joke and laughing just a little early. Carter also treated the electorate as simpletons who were easily mislead by weird symbols, but he didn't understand symbolism enough to do it well.

But Carter wasn't so narcissistic. Or so bombastic. And Carter did try and learn.

great observation in OP:

the president who stocked his administration with Wall Street insiders and went to the mat for the banks and big corporations, but who is now trying to present himself as a born-again populist

The NY Times jumping overboard the SS Oblolshevik?!?!?

Gonna be a looooooong three years at 1600 Pennsylvania. :lol:

Last night I heard that the Big 0 was not concerned about the mid term election. He was asked about it framed against the blood bath that happened after two years of the first Clinton Administration.

His reason that the Dems got killed in '94? "They didn't have me."

Wow!

It's a good day, America. We now only have three years of Obama left!!! It gets better every day too.

The NY Times jumping overboard the SS Oblolshevik?!?!?

Gonna be a looooooong three years at 1600 Pennsylvania. :lol:

Last night I heard that the Big 0 was not concerned about the mid term election. He was asked about it framed against the blood bath that happened after two years of the first Clinton Administration.

His reason that the Dems got killed in '94? "They didn't have me."

Wow!

I think Barry looks in the mirror every morning and every evening and says the first four lines of this song to himself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBCcY0nJao]YouTube - the spy who loved me intro carly simon[/ame]

this guy makes Clinton look honest, he was one of the best liars to ever be in the Whitehouse!!! looking forward to the Brown out in the upcoming election. hope the dems take a beating like they did in Mass!!!!

Forum List

Back