Obama's Constitutional Disdain

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
In a recent interview with Katie Couric, President Obama indicated clear disdain for the requirement of negotiation in politics. His yearning for having the power to simply inact his will upon America is clear - his dissatisfaction regarding the balance of powers inherent in the American political system equally clear.

No better example of this is the still-ongoing healthcare debate - a debate that continues simply from the repeated arrogance and ignorance of this president. Obama has become increasingly tone deaf, demanding to have something - anything, upon which he can put his name to. This president has pouted, bribed, chided, threatened, and is now nearing an outright tantrum in demanding Congress send him a bill that the American people clearly do not want.

As such, Obama represents the American Progressive, that flailing child of academia, who wishes to do away with a government of the people to be replaced by a government of the one. Panels of experts and Czars who answer only to him shall push out the model of representation, thus eliminating the messy negotiations that make up American politics.

For you see, the American people are too dumb, too lazy, too demanding of solutions they cannot grasp. They are too busy "clinging to their guns and religion" as it were. And so, why not simply allow Obama to give them what he knows they need - their own opinions on the matter be damned?

While your thoughts are clear and your writing is quite good, this is a pretty trollish post and doesn't consist of anything that isn't repeated here over and over by the far right.

In a recent interview with Katie Couric, President Obama indicated clear disdain for the requirement of negotiation in politics. His yearning for having the power to simply inact his will upon America is clear - his dissatisfaction regarding the balance of powers inherent in the American political system equally clear.

No better example of this is the still-ongoing healthcare debate - a debate that continues simply from the repeated arrogance and ignorance of this president. Obama has become increasingly tone deaf, demanding to have something - anything, upon which he can put his name to. This president has pouted, bribed, chided, threatened, and is now nearing an outright tantrum in demanding Congress send him a bill that the American people clearly do not want.

As such, Obama represents the American Progressive, that flailing child of academia, who wishes to do away with a government of the people to be replaced by a government of the one. Panels of experts and Czars who answer only to him shall push out the model of representation, thus eliminating the messy negotiations that make up American politics.

For you see, the American people are too dumb, too lazy, too demanding of solutions they cannot grasp. They are too busy "clinging to their guns and religion" as it were. And so, why not simply allow Obama to give them what he knows they need - their own opinions on the matter be damned?

Sooner than later, the only thing the American People will want Obama to put his name to is his resignation letter.

So, when bushie and dead-eye dick(less) started using illegal wire taps (before September 11, 2001), reading emails without a warrant and illegally entering private residence, you were all over that right?

What the fuck are you even talking about? Are you that detatched from reality???

The first 1 is stupid enough... but are you actually contending that Bush and Cheney were breaking into homes and reading your e-mails?

You need help, serious help. Or, at the very least, lay off the weed.

Last edited:
I think its quite clear that Republicans have the same dissatisfaction regarding the balance inherent in the political process. Its just that the Democrats have not done any where near as good a job as the Republicans did at demonizing their opposition (i.e. you're either with us or with the terrorist rhetoric and mentality they spewed).

I think its quite clear that Republicans have the same dissatisfaction regarding the balance inherent in the political process. Its just that the Democrats have not done any where near as good a job as the Republicans did at demonizing their opposition (i.e. you're either with us or with the terrorist rhetoric and mentality they spewed).

WTF? Another obvious pothead chimes in. Dems haven't demonized their opposition?

Palin, Bush, Cheney, Libby, Novak, Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Levin, O'Reilly, Coulter, Malkin, DeLay, Lott, Frist, Krauthammer, Crsytal, Buckley, Reagan, Thomas, Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Morris, Gonzales, Rove, Bennett, Will, Williams, Barone, etc. might have a different take on things.

Last edited:
While your thoughts are clear and your writing is quite good, this is a pretty trollish post and doesn't consist of anything that isn't repeated here over and over by the far right.

Yup, plus no proof Obama says or believes any of those things

Yet another example of the shit I'm talking about in that other thread about being dishonest

WTF? Another obvious pothead chimes in. Dems haven't demonized their opposition?

Palin, Bush, Cheney, Libby, Novak, Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Levin, O'Reilly, Coulter, Malkin, DeLay, Lott, Frist, Krauthammer, Crsytal, Buckley, Reagan, Thomas, Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Morris, Gonzales, Rove, Bennett, Will, Williams, Barone, etc. might have a different take on things.

Anyone who disagreed with Bush on any policy was labelled a unpatriotic terrorist sympathizer who unconscionably disagreed with the president in a time of war while hoping the troops failed. Republicans did a much better job at collectively demonizing a group of people who disagreed with them. Also, I too could make a list of prominent democrats (Obama, Pelosi, Clinton, Reid, Al Franklin, Olbermann, Dean, Kerry, blah blah blah, etc etc etc) who have been demonized by republicans.

Last edited:
So, when bushie and dead-eye dick(less) started using illegal wire taps (before September 11, 2001), reading emails without a warrant and illegally entering private residence, you were all over that right?

Begging your pardon, but personally I have opposed every infringement upon our freedoms, by both Republicans and Democrats, and only want the very limited federal government established by our Constitution, where most of the governing power was left to the individual states.

It won't work for him, no matter how badly he wants to rule by decree, we are not having it.

I truly hope you are correct - but then, work is underway right now to enact this healthcare initiative behind closed doors - with no pretense of open and honest government.

It would appear the dercree has gone out, and the Democrat leadership are responding in the affirmative - the rest of America be damned...

I guess you're just dismissing Obama's spending a full year trying to get the GOP to engage in bipartisian governing, right? And I guess you're also missing the GOP declaring it as their mission to cause him to fail, right?

Also, what happens when the other side (GOP) refuses to negotiate unless they can have it their way? Should he (Obama) just roll up the federal government tent and tell all the people who voted for him that he can't get anything done because the GOP won't play nice?

Last edited:

I guess you're just dismissing Obama's spending a full year trying to get the GOP to engage in bipartisianship governing, right? And I guess you're also missing the GOP declaring it as their mission to cause him to fail, right?

Also, what happens when the other side (GOP) refuses to negotiate unless they can have it their way? Should he (Obama) just roll up the federal government tent and tell all the people who voted for him that he can't get anything done because the GOP won't play nice?
I haven't seen any legitimate effort from Obama or the democrats to bring the republicans into the process. I've said it before and will say it again. If Brown didn't win, then i highly doubt the health care summit would've happened, not that it accomplished anything. The republicans submitted their alternate health bill a long time ago and there's barely anything that they're pushing for in these health care bills.

And once again, until Brown won, the democrats didn't need the republicans for anything, so it hasn't mattered if they played nice since February. If Obama can't get things done because he's not willing to compromise enough, then that's his fault. There are some soft republican senators who would vote for the bills if there were just some relatively small things that were added or taken out, but that doesn't appear to be good enough for him, Reid and Pelosi.

I guess you're just dismissing Obama's spending a full year trying to get the GOP to engage in bipartisianship governing, right? And I guess you're also missing the GOP declaring it as their mission to cause him to fail, right?

I haven't seen any legitimate effort from Obama or the democrats to bring the republicans into the process. I've said it before and will say it again. If Brown didn't win, then i highly doubt the health care summit would've happened, not that it accomplished anything. The republicans submitted their alternate health bill a long time ago and there's barely anything that they're pushing for in these health care bills.

And once again, until Brown won, the democrats didn't need the republicans for anything, so it hasn't mattered if they played nice since February. If Obama can't get things done because he's not willing to compromise enough, then that's his fault. There are some soft republican senators who would vote for the bills if there were just some relatively small things that were added or taken out, but that doesn't appear to be good enough for him, Reid and Pelosi.

:lol:Yes, cause your head is either up your ass, or blinded by your hackery. He's made plenty of attempts to get bipartisan involvement

They were not illegal. They had the legal right to do as they did. Congress gave it to them.

They were not illegal. They had the legal right to do as they did. Congress gave it to them.

Don't confuse the left with the facts.... their heads might implode... like the empty vessels they are.

Forum List

Back