Obama’s “Community Schools” Aim to Replace Parents

Op has left thread.

LOL!

showposter.jpg

Did you even read the bill???

“(1) improve student learning and development by providing supports for students that enable them to graduate college- and career-ready;

“(2) provide support for the planning, implementation, and operation of full-service community schools;

“(3) improve the coordination and integration, accessibility, and effectiveness of services for children and families, particularly for students attending high-poverty schools, including high-poverty rural schools;

“(4) enable educators and school personnel to complement and enrich efforts to improve academic achievement and other results;

“(5) ensure that children have the physical, social, and emotional well-being to come to school ready to engage in the learning process every day;

“(6) promote and enable family and community engagement in the education of children;

“(7) enable more efficient use of Federal, State, local, and private sector resources that serve children and families;

“(8) facilitate the coordination and integration of programs and services operated by community-based organizations, nonprofit organizations, and State, local, and tribal governments;

“(9) engage students as resources to their communities; and

“(10) engage the business community and other community organizations as partners in the development and operation of full-service community schools.

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

good, send your kids to them. they'll be good little gumberment subjects just like you

Yelling about the gob'ment again? You said on these boards you get gob'ment assistance medicaid and eat gob'ment cheese

ran across this of another site while reading the article:
snip:
Community organizers...don't you just love'm....

Complete List of Full Service Community Schools Grants
2015 Austin Voices For Education and Youth Lanier FSCS Project 5 $499,453 $2,482,865 Austin TX 96
2015 Children and Families First Red Clay Communities School Initiative 5 $499,286 $2,492,274 Wilmington DE.
2015 Columbia College Chicago ACCESS 5 $489,262 $2,482,479 Chicago IL.
2015 Homewood Children's Village HCV FSCS Community Schools Ed. Pipeline 5 $499,633 $2,499,633 Pittsburgh PA.
2015 Lowell Public Schools FSCS Tranformation at Lowell HS Career Aca 5 $499,184 $2,493,911 Lowell MA.
2015 Mary Rigg Center Circle City Learning Community Schools 5 $467,108 $2,275,690 Indianapolis IN.
2015 Mercer Street Friends Trenton Community Schools Initiative 5 $276,114 $2,217,867 Trenton NJ.
2015 New London Public Schools Project Connect 5 $497,307 $2,434,535 New London CT.
2015 Paterson Public School District Continuing our Commitment to Excellence 5 $499,928 $2,499,640 Paterson NJ.
2015 United Way of Buffalo and Erie County Closing the Gap in Student Performance 5 $499,258 $2,495,827 Buffalo NY.
2015 West Chicago Elementary SD WeGo Together For Kids 5 $363,441 $2,310,713 West Chicago IL.
2015 YMCA Long Beach YMCA Full Service Community Schools 5 $499,944 $2,499,334 Long Beach CA.
2014 Berea College Berea college Knox FSCS 5 $499,690 $2,498,121 Berea KY.
2014 Frida Kahlo Community Organization Resources Invested in School Enrichment 5 $499,700 $2,498,500 Chicago IL.
2014 Lancaster County Partners for Youth Lancaster County Partners for Youth 5 $464,857 $2,206,317 Lancaster SC.
2014 Los Angeles Education Partnership South Los Angeles Neighborhood Partnerships 5 $500,000 $2,500,000 Los Angeles CA.
2014 Montclair State University University Assisted Full Service Community Schools 5 $497,156 $2,490,450 Montclair NJ.
2014 Oakland Unified School District Community Schools Thriving Students 5 $499,684 $2,498,211 Oakland CA.
2014 San Antonio Independent School District Wheatley Community School 5 $498,606 $2,276,179 San Antonio TX.
2014 Southwest Key Programs El Sueño de Esperanza (A Dream of Hope) 5 $499,984 $2,499,597 Austin TX.
2014 Youth Policy Institute Los Angeles Promise Zone Full-Service Community School Program 5 $500,000 $2,500,000 Los Angeles CA.
2010 Bert Corona Charter School San Fernando Valley Full Service Community Schools Program 5 $500,000 $2,500,000 Pacoima CA.
2010 Boston Public Schools Boston Public School's Full Service Community School Grant 5 $500,000 $2,500,000 Boston MA.
2010 Children and Families First Eastside community Schools Initiative 5 $419,878 $2,344,862 Wilmington DE.
2010 East Austin College Prep Academy, Inc. Community DREAM-Link 5 $500,000 $2,500,000 Austin TX.
2010 Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation Evansville Vanderburgh Full Service Community Schools 5 $499,845 $2,498,283 Evansville IN.
2010 Flowing Wells Unified School District Flowing Wells Full-Servie Community Schools Program 5 $438,954 $2,194,766 Tuscon AZ.
2010 Greater Lawrence Community Action Council South Lawrence East Full Service Community School Program 5 $487,047 $2,460,901 Lawrence MA.
2010 Green Dot Public Schools Locke Full-Service Community Schools Collaborative 5 $102,240 $1,852,558 Los Angeles CA.
2010 Indiana University The Martindale Brightwood Alliance for Educational Success 5 $498,090 $2,485,296 Indianapolis IN.
2010 Paterson Public Schools A Renewed Commitment to Exellence through Full Service Community Schools 5 $466,111 $2,465,147 Paterson NJ.
2010 Spartanburg School District 7 Family Circle: From Cradle to College 5 $497,703 $2,496,035 Spartanburg SC.
Maybe your school is on the list..???

Obama s Community Schools Aim to Replace Parents

Did you even read the bill???

“(1) improve student learning and development by providing supports for students that enable them to graduate college- and career-ready;

“(2) provide support for the planning, implementation, and operation of full-service community schools;

“(3) improve the coordination and integration, accessibility, and effectiveness of services for children and families, particularly for students attending high-poverty schools, including high-poverty rural schools;

“(4) enable educators and school personnel to complement and enrich efforts to improve academic achievement and other results;

“(5) ensure that children have the physical, social, and emotional well-being to come to school ready to engage in the learning process every day;

“(6) promote and enable family and community engagement in the education of children;

“(7) enable more efficient use of Federal, State, local, and private sector resources that serve children and families;

“(8) facilitate the coordination and integration of programs and services operated by community-based organizations, nonprofit organizations, and State, local, and tribal governments;

“(9) engage students as resources to their communities; and

“(10) engage the business community and other community organizations as partners in the development and operation of full-service community schools.

good, send your kids to them. they'll be good little gumberment subjects just like you
So no, you didn't. Is that the best you could come up with?? It's just right wing hyperbole, just like the IRS Brown shirts, the death panels and on and on. Not a one of those have come to fruition, and neither will this - but the really sad part is you rightists will never learn shit

Stupid OP. As long as their are school board elections, the parents have their say.
So what, exactly, is a community school? According to the legislation, it is a government-run elementary or secondary school that “participates in a community-based effort to coordinate and integrate educational, developmental, family, health, and other comprehensive services through community-based organizations and public and private partnerships.”

Imagine that coordinating education and health services for children!! Yes very fiendish !!:cuckoo:

Stupid OP. As long as their are school board elections, the parents have their say.
So what, exactly, is a community school? According to the legislation, it is a government-run elementary or secondary school that “participates in a community-based effort to coordinate and integrate educational, developmental, family, health, and other comprehensive services through community-based organizations and public and private partnerships.”

Imagine that coordinating education and health services for children!! Yes very fiendish !!:cuckoo:
(Cue scary music. )

Hahahaha, ahhh, too good. He's also going to grow a Hitler mustache, make people hail him and stay president forever through military force, while we're at he helped Osama plan 9/11 and killed him to take full control of al queda. Seriously, the irrational fear everyone has with everything he says and does makes me laugh. Where's Sarah Palin's death panels already?

Do you have a shrine of him set up? or you're just a sheep who never questions your Guberment
I don't think Obama has been an effective president and I'll question the validity of any policy proposed by any politician regardless of party. But Obama is not an Islamic Antichrist trying to force us all into concentration camps and replace parents with a community of teachers worshipping Obama, sorry. I won't drink from that crazy kool aid. He's a junior senator who thought he could talk out problems with a Senate and Congress who doesn't want to hear it. He bent over for the rich after promising to help people and toes his party line without question. If you want to criticize Obama go right ahead, but crazy crap like this is why no one takes criticisms aghainst him seriously. You're your own worst enemy

Hahahaha, ahhh, too good. He's also going to grow a Hitler mustache, make people hail him and stay president forever through military force, while we're at he helped Osama plan 9/11 and killed him to take full control of al queda. Seriously, the irrational fear everyone has with everything he says and does makes me laugh. Where's Sarah Palin's death panels already?

Do you have a shrine of him set up? or you're just a sheep who never questions your Guberment
I don't think Obama has been an effective president and I'll question the validity of any policy proposed by any politician regardless of party. But Obama is not an Islamic Antichrist trying to force us all into concentration camps and replace parents with a community of teachers worshipping Obama, sorry. I won't drink from that crazy kool aid. He's a junior senator who thought he could talk out problems with a Senate and Congress who doesn't want to hear it. He bent over for the rich after promising to help people and toes his party line without question. If you want to criticize Obama go right ahead, but crazy crap like this is why no one takes criticisms aghainst him seriously. You're your own worst enemy
or maybe she's just nuts?

Well, she is, I just want to see what kind of crazy hole she'll dig now

Well, she is, I just want to see what kind of crazy hole she'll dig now
grab some snacks !

Forum List

Back