Obama's communication disaster

ilia25

I can do math
Jan 12, 2012
Does Obama really think that the private sector is doing just fine? No, he doesn't. His problem is much worse -- Obama is pretty much incapable of expressing his thoughts.

What he wanted to say is that private sector is not hiring not because the taxes are too high. In fact, the private companies are swimming in cash and credit is cheap. But they are not expanding because they don't see enough demand for their products and their existing production capacity is underutilized.

Therefore we need to stimulate the demand, and the easiest way to do that is to help the local governments to hire back teachers they had to layoff.

That is what Obama wanted to say. What he ended up saying instead is that the private sector is doing just fine. The man is beyond help.

Last edited:
He is clueless, is the problem. He doesn't understand how the economy works, any more than he understand foreign policy or anything else. He thinks every prblem can be solved by more gov't money.

Does Obama really think that the private sector is doing just fine? No, he doesn't. His problem is much worse -- Obama is pretty much incapable of expressing his thoughts.

Not having the ability to express his thoughts is not a complain one hears from people who have actually listened to the man and do not get their position spoonfed to them by others. One of the things both sides agree on with Obama is that he does speak well.
What he wanted to say is that private sector is not hiring not because the taxes are too high. In fact, the private companies are swimming in cash and credit is cheap. But they are not expanding because they don't see enough demand for their products and their existing production capacity is underutilized.

No, I am pretty sure obama is very capable of expressing himself. This would be your idea, and if this is your interpretation of what he said then that is the way to state it.
Therefore we need to stimulate the demand, and the easiest way to do that is to help the local governments to hire back teachers they had to layoff.

That is what Obama wanted to say. What he ended up saying instead is that the private sector is doing just fine. The man is beyond help.

You are not helping. I don't see any way hiring back teachers is going to create a demand for their service since the demand for teachers should run steady with population growth. What you said just doesn't make any sense. I am pretty sure that Obama is smarter than that.

Every time I hear or read about the laid off teachers, I picture classrooms full of kids waiting for the teachers to be hired back. Waiting patiently for someone to walk in and resume the facilitation of learning. That's a funny image. Makes me laugh.

One of Obama's problems (among many) is he just gets up and reads whatever the TOTUS has scrolling. Yes, yes, what a great communicator.

Last edited:

Not having the ability to express his thoughts is not a complain one hears from people who have actually listened to the man and do not get their position spoonfed to them by others. One of the things both sides agree on with Obama is that he does speak well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzugbGTj_k4]Biggest Gaffes and Mistakes of Obama - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEAO0lt4Dw]Barack Obama "Uh" Count - YouTube[/ame]

Obama has no clue as to what the private sector is even about. When you're spending most of your time garnering hefty donations from hedge fund managers and Hollywood Stars you become a little deficient in that category. In Obama's case he was never proficient to begin with, his philosophy is, and has always been that all wealth emanates from Governments' largesse, like Bassir Assad with dollars, instead of bullets. At least for the time being.

Not having the ability to express his thoughts is not a complain one hears from people who have actually listened to the man...

That a typical case when people take form for the substance. They look at the manner he speaks and it looks cool and smart to stem. But they do not listen to the words.

I have actually listened.

No, I am pretty sure obama is very capable of expressing himself.

So you believe he really thinks that the private sector is doing just fine?

You are not helping. I don't see any way hiring back teachers is going to create a demand for their service..

That is not what I said. The teachers were laid off not because there were too many of them, but because state/local governments were lacking cash. Laid off teacher cuts back on spending -- he stops dining out, he does not buy a new car or a TV. So all those private companies see their sales plunging. They lay off workers too, and this is how the economy gets into depression, which is a state of high unemployment and depressed incomes.

Helping states to hire back the teachers (and other public workers) will reverse this process, and pull the economy out of depression.

I'm sure Obama was told this, and may be he even got some of this. But he is not capable of explaining this to the public. The result is bad for him, and even worse for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Every time I hear or read about the laid off teachers, I picture classrooms full of kids waiting for the teachers to be hired back. Waiting patiently for someone to walk in and resume the facilitation of learning. That's a funny image. Makes me laugh.

Laying off public workers sank the economy, and put it into the depression we were living in since 2008. And, BTW, the depressed economy is the reason the federal government had to run huge deficits. Not something that makes you laugh.

This is hilarious.

In 2008, John McCain said, "the fundamentals of our economy are strong," and the Left had a field day while the Right went on the defensive.

Four years later, Obama says the private sector is doing fine, and in true Orwellian fashion, the Right is having a field day while the Left goes on the defensive.

"We have always been at war with Eastasia."

his philosophy is, and has always been that all wealth emanates from Governments' largesse, like Bassir Assad with dollars, instead of bullets.

There are times when economy is really, really could use the government's help. When the "largesse" is what is required to pull the economy out of depression. That is a really simple concept -- the difference between a depressed economy and a healthy one -- I don't know why so many people don't get it.

Thomas Jefferson rarely spoke publicly because he spoke with a lisp and was very self conscious about it. His annual State of the Union reports to Congress were letters rather than speeches.

The difference between Jefferson and Obama is that Jefferson lacked form, but actually had substance.

Obama has no substance. And no form without a teleprompter.

This is hilarious.

In 2008, John McCain said, "the fundamentals of our economy are strong," and the Left had a field day while the Right went on the defensive.

Four years later, Obama says the private sector is doing fine, and in true Orwellian fashion, the Right is having a field day while the Left goes on the defensive.

See bolded. From that point on his numbers went down. They bumped a bit when Palin was added, then tanked anyways. She wasn't the cause of his loss, at least not primary cause.

There is a difference between being able to speak well and being able to communicate. Obama has stated more than once that one of his problems is he didn't properly explain his health care plan, and that is why people don't like it. Maybe you should stick to arguing with kids in kindergarten, you obviously aren't smart enough to post on this board.

No, I am pretty sure obama is very capable of expressing himself. This would be your idea, and if this is your interpretation of what he said then that is the way to state it.

He disagrees with you.

You are not helping. I don't see any way hiring back teachers is going to create a demand for their service since the demand for teachers should run steady with population growth. What you said just doesn't make any sense. I am pretty sure that Obama is smarter than that.

Let us actually apply your logic and see where it leads us. Population growth is slowing, therefore we need less teachers, not more.

I guess you are the one not making sense here, no wonder you think Obama can communicate.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Fox/Pubcrappe, religiously reported by the corporate media....Propaganda and gotcha controversy- the media is a disgrace. Meanwhile no one understands health reform, the Romney plan, how pubs made the meltdown, filbustered Obama most of 2009-10, or how the rich alone have profited from Voodoo.... ie THE FACTS....

This is hilarious.

If you think there is any equivalence here then you are dumb as a bag of rocks.

McCain was correct when he said the fundamentals were strong. That was true. We had a strong stable currency, a functioning legal system, a good industrial base, educated and productive workers--all things that testify to the strength of our system. We also have periodic downturns in the business cycle. We have had one about every 10 years. The one in 2008 shouldn't have been much different.

When Obama says the private sector is doing fine, I dont know what eh meant. Piling up cash in bank accounts earning .001% interest (sometimes losing money) is not a sign of health. Announcing big layoffs is not a sign of health. Lack of investment is not a sign of health.
Obama is so removed from the private sector he needs a passport to go there.

We also have periodic downturns in the business cycle. We have had one about every 10 years. The one in 2008 shouldn't have been much different.

You're out of your tiny brainwashed mind. The economy had a 9% traction, even with Booosh's 700 billion dollar giveaway to Wall St. That's a depression, sonny. Obama's stimulust then saved the economy and the welfare system and UE kept 10-20 million from going homeless.

Great job, crony/corruption Pubbies. Then throw in the worst wars and oil spill ever, a giveaway to big pharma, and doubling health and public college costs. And W clone Romney wants to do it again! BRILLIANT!! Pub dupes!

When Obama says the private sector is doing fine, I dont know what eh meant. Piling up cash in bank accounts earning .001% interest (sometimes losing money) is not a sign of health. Announcing big layoffs is not a sign of health. Lack of investment is not a sign of health.

I have explained in the opening post what Obama meant. He actually proposed a real way of helping the private sector (whatever Republicans proposed so far would only make things worse). Obama just cannot explain it to the others. Nor can he find a person who would do it for him.

I have explained in the opening post what Obama meant. He actually proposed a real way of helping the private sector (whatever Republicans proposed so far would only make things worse). Obama just cannot explain it to the others. Nor can he find a person who would do it for him.

Obama is a fucking moron - there, the cat is out of the bag.

Obama only sees the government workers. To him, the only thing that matters are those on the federal payroll. Shit, he's hired more than any in history, so in his alleged mind, the economy is booming.

That the private sector, those who actually PAY THE FUCKING BILL, are in a quagmire of uncertainty due to the class warfare Obama wages against them, and his insane debt accumulation - Obama borrows in a week what Greece borrows in a year - which is the more failed economy? But stupid fuck Barack says the private sector is "doing fine." I mean, when he was at George Clooney's last night, Oprah said she was rolling in cash, so the private sector is fine..

Obama is a fucking moron, the faster Jan 20 2013 gets here, and we can get him out of office, the better.

Maybe Obama should hire you as his communications director.

I doubt that's what he meant. If he did mean it he's an idiot.

Forum List

Back