Obama's Columbia thesis excerpt surfaces

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Shackles of hypocrisy? Hmm.. Wonder if this will make the national press?
Edit: The following was exposed as a hoax earlier today. ( Thanks Dude ) I'll follow the original post with the link to the official apology. Sorry to mislead. :(

American Thinker Blog: Obama's Columbia thesis excerpt surfaces

October 23, 2009
Denis Keohane
Michael Ledeen at PJM reports on President Obama's Columbia college thesis, of which ten whole pages were made available to Joe Klein. The paper was entitled "Aristocracy Reborn," and Obama wrote this about the Constitution:

"... the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy."

What on earth does this President have to do to get the media coverage he so richly deserves!

In the Virginia Governor's race, Republican candidate Robert McDonnell wrote a graduate thesis twenty years ago that could be politically damaging to his campaign. That decades old thesis has been covered by the Washington Post on August 30 and again on September 1. It has been reported on in some depth across the spectrum of media outlets from NPR to US News to the CS Monitor to FOX and on and on!

http://pajamasmedia.com/michaelledeen/2009/10/23/the-obama-thesis-hoax/

October 23rd, 2009 12:16 pm
Michael Ledeen

The Obama “thesis” hoax
"The hoax/satire was written in August, so it’s not connected to any current event. I cam across it on Twitter, read the blog, found it interesting, and posted on it. I failed to notice that one of the tags was “satire.”
So he got me, and lots of others. It worked because it’s plausible. I’ve done satirical pieces myself, and I know how they can take off. I once wrote one that said that Bill Casey did not die, and was hiding in a bunker under the St Andrews golf course from which he was running Mikhail Gorbachev. I thought it was obviously satirical, but it went like wildfire all over the world. And that was in the days before the Internet.
So I should have picked up some hint, but I didn’t. Shame on me."

Last edited:
Given what this excerpt suggests about the nature of the thesis, do you think that Obama would have gotten the Dem nomination if this had surfaced during the election?

Given what this excerpt suggests about the nature of the thesis, do you think that Obama would have gotten the Dem nomination if this had surfaced during the election?

he absolutely would have. In fact he said the same things during an interview. It was on You Tube at one time.

Listen

it all ties in

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4c_3pck]YouTube - Obama Bombshell Redistribution of Wealth Audio Uncovered[/ame]

Barack Hussein Obama: America's First Marxist Muslim Mulatto President. It's historic.

We finally put someone in the White House who has more in common with Al Qaeda than with Main Street

Shackles of hypocrisy? Hmm.. Wonder if this will make the national press?

American Thinker Blog: Obama's Columbia thesis excerpt surfaces

October 23, 2009
Denis Keohane
Michael Ledeen at PJM reports on President Obama's Columbia college thesis, of which ten whole pages were made available to Joe Klein. The paper was entitled "Aristocracy Reborn," and Obama wrote this about the Constitution:

"... the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy."

What on earth does this President have to do to get the media coverage he so richly deserves!

In the Virginia Governor's race, Republican candidate Robert McDonnell wrote a graduate thesis twenty years ago that could be politically damaging to his campaign. That decades old thesis has been covered by the Washington Post on August 30 and again on September 1. It has been reported on in some depth across the spectrum of media outlets from NPR to US News to the CS Monitor to FOX and on and on!

I was just about to post this - good find.

It will be interesting to see if this gets more coverage - it has to be the first time in American history a US president has described the great minds who forged our Constitution and secured a new nation's freedom as "the so-called Founders..." and that same Constitution as providing "shackles of hypocrisy".

What is also remarkable is how awkward and predictable Obama's writing is - leading to further speculation as to how much of "his" published book works were actually his...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Before we get too worked up here, it appears that the original source for this is jumpinginpools...Not exactly the most credible source out there.

OTOH, Willow's Youtube is definitely authentic.

Duly noted sir!

Before we get too worked up here, it appears that the original source for this is jumpinginpools...Not exactly the most credible source out there.

OTOH, Willow's Youtube is definitely authentic.

True. The youtube is referring to the Supreme Court rather than the Constitution, but the sentiment is identical. I guess we'll have to see if Joe Klein comes out and disputes the accuracy of the report.

I wonder if anyone in the "real news" organizations will bother to ask the Hussein if he wrote this or not.

I wonder if anyone in the "real news" organizations will bother to ask the Hussein if he wrote this or not.

Maybe we should ask if he eats babies while we're at it. I mean, that question has just as much of a basis in reality as this.

There have been a few unique and interested guests viewing this thread already!!

This story has legs folks...

Maybe we should ask if he eats babies while we're at it. I mean, that question has just as much of a basis in reality as this.

Obama rejects the foudning principles, why can't you revel in his anti-Americanness like other Obamaroids?

Forum List

Back