Obama's Coattails Haven't Helped Rahm With Black Voters

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
http://www.theroot.com/views/behind-rahms-chilly-reception-black-chicagoans?auto=true&GT1=38002
By: Lynette Holloway | Posted: October 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM

It wasn't supposed to be this way.

Rahm Emanuel was supposed to receive a hero's welcome in the black community when he announced his candidacy for mayor of Chicago.

After all, he was chief of staff for the first black president of the United States, who happened to be the cool former senator from Illinois! Plus, he was senior adviser to President Bill Clinton -- referred to by some as the first black president.

Emanuel was supposed to ride a wave of popularity to his next public office. But so far he has been spurned by some black leaders, ministers and residents who have a "What have you done for me lately?" attitude.

It is unclear whether the disengagement is because Emanuel failed to connect with the black community during his years in Congress or because, given Obama's falling poll numbers, his close link to the president is backfiring.

"He did work for the president. He got a great send-off from the president when he left," Davis continued. "Many people thought that the president was endorsing him for mayor. I'm not sure that's what the president meant. Now, I know what the president said, and he didn't say anything about endorsing anyone. I'm not sure the send-off has done a lot for him [Emanuel]."

A former director of the Cook County Democratic Party, who asked not to be named, said the fact that Emanuel is close to Presidents Obama and Clinton means nothing to Chicago's black community.

This is like finding out your favorite candy bar is good for you. The liberal aganda has back fired in his face and he doesn't know what to do.

What have you done for your liberal base lately? Apparently nothing they give a damn about.

MUA HA HA!!
:tomato::muahaha:

Do the black voters hate Rahm cuz he is not black?

that's as deep as your list of men near you. LOFL

young people don't do mid terms, not that I'm worried about Obamatool losing in 12

As always, you find it quite hard to focus on anything other than me. How sweet.

And, for the record, I'm pretty sure this thread is about Rahm running for mayor in Chicago.... not Obama running in 2012. You really are not very smart at all, are ya?

Do the black voters hate Rahm cuz he is not black?

that's as deep as your list of men near you. LOFL

young people don't do mid terms, not that I'm worried about Obamatool losing in 12

Rahm is running, and loosing big time, NOW.

Or are you talking about his other 'yes men' going down in 2012?

Bubble Yum, the new Ultimate energy Gum!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back