Obama's coalition is starting to crumble.

I believe the UAE has also committed. I don't know how many planes they have, but if not enough, that little Arab country is so rich, it could purchase a dozen or so from China for overnight delivery.

No. I already provided the link in the thread, where UAE Foreign Ministry says, that it's role in Libya is solely delivering Humanitarian Aid. The Statement is from Today.

We are, now, the lead MILITARY in the coalition... but the Brits and French put the coalition together, not Obama. We are the lead military because we're best at it. This is NOT Obama's coalition. It is Cameron's and Sarkozy's coalition. Get the fuck over yourselves. This is not the US, it is the UN.

Much as I would like to slam Obama, I actually (grudgingly) respect him for it. It must seriously piss him off that he's had to launch a military action. :lol:

It isn't a UN coalition.
It is USA-UK-France.

French jets striked 1st, they were already in the air once Sarkozy made the final statement of Paris meeting.
Some NATO countries have committed aircraft to the operation like Denmark and Norway, and Italy is key in all of this as it contributes with Air-bases.

Italy is already threatening to review the status of its Airbases.
Norway says, that its aircraft won't take-off for now since some differences have been resolved.

@Avatar
Germany isn't participating, it has objections.

looked it up after I stated that because I wasnt sure but thank you.:)

A couple of friends of mine who work in oil contracting in Libya have told me that they're pretty unsavory characters. But I really have no idea of their ambitions. You've got equally reprehensible factions ready to fill a vacuum. It ain't gonna be pleasant.

I concur. I am asking questions I really haven't seen addressed.

I do know that France has Officially recgnized the Rebels as the legitimate Government...and that the Rebels tried to form another Oil Company to circumvent Mo-Mo...

:eusa_think:

Same here. I haven't seen them addressed.

OK---How much were the French involved in the Eastern Libyan rebellion ?

We are, now, the lead MILITARY in the coalition... but the Brits and French put the coalition together, not Obama. We are the lead military because we're best at it. This is NOT Obama's coalition. It is Cameron's and Sarkozy's coalition. Get the fuck over yourselves. This is not the US, it is the UN.

Much as I would like to slam Obama, I actually (grudgingly) respect him for it. It must seriously piss him off that he's had to launch a military action. :lol:

How can you respect Obama for this coalition when this hasn't played out yet?

How much active Arab participation is there in the no-fly zone?
Is it clear yet in the Arab streets mind that the attack on Libya is an attack on a tyrant (despite what the U.N. resolution says) and not an attack on the Arab world?

One thing is clear. No partner in this coalition wants to assume leadership in this campaign. We are hiding behind the Europeans and both are using the Arab league (gulp!) as cover.
This may not end pretty.

What are you talking about? It's nice to see the Arab nations coming to our defense for a change. It most certainly would NOT end pretty if there were anti-American protests all over the Arab regions.

Answer the two questions I asked in my post and you might begin to understand the tea leaves.
And don't put all your marbles on the Arab League not changing their mind.

I concur. I am asking questions I really haven't seen addressed.

I do know that France has Officially recgnized the Rebels as the legitimate Government...and that the Rebels tried to form another Oil Company to circumvent Mo-Mo...

:eusa_think:

Same here. I haven't seen them addressed.

OK---How much were the French involved in the Eastern Libyan rebellion ?

Looks like they were involved with an interim governing council.

Wow.. this may ruin his vacation.

it hasn't yet. I don't expect it to.

Of course not.

ObamaMo_MO_.jpg

Last edited:
What goes around, comes around. If not today, then tomorrow.
Warmongers.

So, let me get this straight... Gadaffi slaughters hundreds of his own citizens, and that's fine. We implement a no fly zone to stop Gadaffi from slaughtering more, and we're the warmongers? Is that right? Not one civilian has been killed since we started bitchslapping Gadaffi.

According to some news report I heard this morning, Gadaffi has ordered some of his loyalists to remove bodies already in cold storage, wrap them in sheets and place them around bombed out areas to make it look like civilian casualties have taken place. We're probably going to get the truth about that from Gadaffi defectors and citizen reporters with cell phone cameras.

What goes around, comes around. If not today, then tomorrow.
Warmongers.

So, let me get this straight... Gadaffi slaughters hundreds of his own citizens, and that's fine. We implement a no fly zone to stop Gadaffi from slaughtering more, and we're the warmongers? Is that right? Not one civilian has been killed since we started bitchslapping Gadaffi.

According to some news report I heard this morning, Gadaffi has ordered some of his loyalists to remove bodies already in cold storage, wrap them in sheets and place them around bombed out areas to make it look like civilian casualties have taken place. We're probably going to get the truth about that from Gadaffi defectors and citizen reporters with cell phone cameras.

That is unless he pulls the plug on the Internet?

The UN authorized a 'no fly' zone. How the fuck do you think you implement a 'no fly' zone? China, Russian and India are playing politics. Get the hell over it. You want the civilian population helped? This is how you do that. Perhaps you would prefer that we sit back and allow Gadaffi to carry on slaughtering women and children?

Yeah, Humanist Intervention :eusa_liar:
C'èst vraie !

Are you suggesting a hidden agenda? What on earth does Libya have that we want?

Where does the UN say, that the US-French-UK jets currently bombing Libya represent an UN coalition?

China, Russia and India already have said, that the attacks must stop immediately.

The UN authorized a 'no fly' zone. How the fuck do you think you implement a 'no fly' zone? China, Russian and India are playing politics. Get the hell over it. You want the civilian population helped? This is how you do that. Perhaps you would prefer that we sit back and allow Gadaffi to carry on slaughtering women and children?

That's precisely what we did when the Iranians slaughtered their citizens.

And when was that?

Security Council Approves ‘No-Fly Zone’ over Libya, Authorizing ‘All Necessary Measures’ to Protect Civilians, by Vote of 10 in Favour with 5 Abstentions

^^^^ That's the Resolution. According to internation law, it is broad enough to allow attacks on ground forces to ensure the safety of civilians. And... no one has attacked his private real-estate. Hysteria and hyperbole don't make facts. Facts are facts.

It is UK-US-French jets in the air.

You can't pretend, that this is a UN operation.
This ain't a broad coalition. Mainly due to the style of developments after the UN resolution.

It is an isolated effort, so far.

Forum List

Back