Obama's chief of staff choice favors mandatory universal service

Mandatory service .. Hmm, wonder where Emanuel, son of an Israeli terrorist, got that Idea from?

Hmm .. oh yeah, Israel has mandatory service.

What a coincidence

Mandatory service .. Hmm, wonder where Emanuel, son of an Israeli terrorist, got that Idea from?

Hmm .. oh yeah, Israel has mandatory service.

What a coincidence

Israeli terrorist? He was a member of the Zionist Army, fighting for independence.

who the hell is going to train these compulsed individuals.....

So then by your definition, George Washington was a terrorist. Nice going there, Del.

i'm pretty sure george washington never participated in bombing hotels and killing innocent civilians. i could be wrong.

it's different when they're on the "right" side, eh?

of course it is.

i'm pretty sure george washington never participated in bombing hotels and killing innocent civilians. i could be wrong.

it's different when they're on the "right" side, eh?

of course it is.

Once again, Emanuel's father was part of the army. He was not part Irgun.

Israeli terrorist? He was a member of the Zionist Army, fighting for independence.

So much nuance for one group, so little for others. One might say you are a tad hypocritical. Many may confuse my meaning, I don't expect you will.

American Thinker: Barack Obama: The Community Organizer in Chief

And, by now, you're probably wondering how much all this will cost. Obama estimates that, when fully implemented, his expanded cafeteria line of community service programs will cost about $3.5 billion per year. (Another example of fuzzy Obamath.) Additional funding is to come from increased taxes on "multinational corporations" and "savings associated with ending the war in Iraq."

Now, you've been through the line. So drop that tray, step away from the cashier, and put you hands on your wallet. Calculate the number of federal employees required to coordinate all these moving parts - with more corps than a bushel of apples. Imagine a new government building near you, the County Federal Citizen Volunteer Coordinating Center (CFCVCC), where government service bureaucrats representing all these programs have their offices. Consider the electronic paperwork required to enlist, assign, and monitor volunteers, 365/24/7.

Eventually, we'll need a National Coordinating Council For Federally Funded Community Service Programs (NCCFFFCSP) housed in a new, D.C. office building. Perhaps someday a statue there will depict three middle school volunteers -- one leaning on a litter pick-up tool, another holding a full trash bag, the third a rake.

I think we should call it

Service, Labor And Voulteerism for Everyone

I know a lot of folks are still depressed about the outcome of the election- and there's nothing more IRRITATING to them than CHEERFUL PEOPLE....
Gee. I think national service is a great idea. Weird huh?
Lot's of nations do it and they get a lot of good work done.
Damn... A good idea.
Don't you just HATE THAT?

I know a lot of folks are still depressed about the outcome of the election- and there's nothing more IRRITATING to them than CHEERFUL PEOPLE....
Damn... A good idea.

HOLD everything--Mr. Thunder says it's a good idea ! No more debating this one ! Close the thread . :lol:

yeah, a terrorist by definition. that shoe pinching a little?

so when someone fights for independence they are a terrorist? was this country founded by terrorists who revolted against England?

Our "terrorists" didn't fly a plane into Westminster Abbey. Rather they dumped a load of tea they were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on, into the drink. Neither did our "terrorists" do anything without first loudly and bravely declaring their intention and desire to do so, nor did they do it without first exhausting every other option.

Our "terrorists" publicly declared their independence from an oppressive government, and signed their own death warrants when they put pen to their declaration.

Big difference, dear. Though it is telling that you can't discern between them.

Not only that, but after making the declaration, our "terrorists" did not target women, children and the feeble minded, nor did they use them to walk bombs into places filled with women and children.

Damn... A good idea.

It's a great idea when it's not mandatory

Forum List

Back