Obama's budget- So what are the GOP ideas? Roads, good jobs, and college costs are no problem?

From link-

—Increasing the capital gains rate on couples making more than $500,000 per year, from 23.8 percent to 28 percent. Obama wants to require estates to pay capital gains taxes on securities at the time they are inherited. He is trying to impose a 0.07 percent fee on the roughly 100 U.S. financial companies with assets of more than $50 billion.
—Obama would take the $320 billion that those tax increases would generate over 10 years and funnel them into low- and middle-class tax breaks. His ideas: a credit of up to $500 for two-income families, a boost in the child care tax credit to up to $3,000 per child under age 5, and overhauling breaks that help pay for college

What p's me off is newspapers and corporate news headlining it "Trillion s of taxpayer money to be spent" when they're just talking about ANY budget. Ratings/controversy/misinformation/misleading media a-holes. How bout some journalism (fact checking, and explanation)? An HOUR of news a night? We're a country of functional idiots- great for GOP con men! see sig.

I'd rather spend our money on America with building infrastructure, funding our first rate science programs and funding grants for r&d.

This is how it has worked for over a century....We became great by doing so.

Let's go back to the moon for good and send people to mars!
Let's build a hundred nuclear plants and fund fusion research. Hell, why be against wind and solar??? A few gw won't hurt.
Let's make sure our roads are the best on earth.

Let's fucking be the best as we once were.

Republicans believe in cutting the shit out of everything, but what did they do to stop the outsourcing the past 30 years? Not a fucking thing. They're not pro-American business.

Obama's budget tax more, spend more. Who didn't see that coming?

So you don't believe in investment? But you're ok with building schools in other countries and funding decade long wars.

If the democrats didn't make me so fucking ill with their idenity politics of race and sex...I'd become one. I am sure millions of people like me would follow. Be glad they suck so much in other issues. Republicans would be fucked.

Tax the bloated rich and cheating giant corps a little more, spend some on our crumbling infrastructure, good jobs, and nonrich,- of course the greedy idiot billionaires and their chumps are against it...

It's funny how you republicans blame Obama for forcing us to rely on the russians to get into space. Well, what's your plan? Oh' that's right, you're going to cut the budget! lol, lol, lol!!!! Well, that doesn't do anything besides kill our current plans to fix the problem and throw the money out the window we've already spent.

Republicans don't have to bow down to you or your demands from the Democrat party

Your PARTY didn't fix all those so why is it now up to Republicans? they have to clean your mess again?

Obama's budget are JOKE and they already take out taxes for those repairs

From link-

—Increasing the capital gains rate on couples making more than $500,000 per year, from 23.8 percent to 28 percent. Obama wants to require estates to pay capital gains taxes on securities at the time they are inherited. He is trying to impose a 0.07 percent fee on the roughly 100 U.S. financial companies with assets of more than $50 billion.
—Obama would take the $320 billion that those tax increases would generate over 10 years and funnel them into low- and middle-class tax breaks. His ideas: a credit of up to $500 for two-income families, a boost in the child care tax credit to up to $3,000 per child under age 5, and overhauling breaks that help pay for college

nope we are TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY. shut down a couple worthless government agencies you want more monies for you wants'

Republicans don't have to bow down to you or your demands from the Democrat party

Your PARTY didn't fix all those so why is it now up to Republicans? they have to clean your mess again?

Republicans wouldn't let Democrats fix them.
Question: The GOP was able to use reconciliation THREE FUCKING TIMES under Bush. Which of those times were used to help the majority of Americans.
or "none"?

#9- No, the GOP has blocked all those things and anything else that could help the non-rich, the country, or Obama, brainwshed dupe.

How are you going to clean up the mess? How are you going to show your leadership and demand that the money go where it is needed? You know, accountability??? Something the republicans used to understand.

Letting the super rich get away with cheating our system isn't a good plan.

End all loopholes for the wealthy and corporation and tax them slightly lower. Drop the taxes on the middle class. Emphasize college education so low wage employers struggle to find anyone to fill those jobs since more people are over educated to do those jobs as low wage jobs do zero to help an economy as those people continue to need gov't assistance.

#10- So you make over $200- 500k, brainwashed chump of the greedy idiot rich? Those useless agencies do a lot, ignoramus. Try getting help from the IRS lately, stupid?

Your party just got kicked out of power because of OscamCare and raising taxes on the people

and here you come back with the same ole bullshit because Obama spews it. You people NEVER LEARN just like Obama acting like the people still wants to buy what he has to sell.

nothing you suggest or want matters. so sit back, relax and watch because the people who Republican and the Republican party are NOW IN CONTROL

sucks I know...

Your party just got kicked out of power because of OscamCare and raising taxes on the people

and here you come back with the same ole bullshit because Obama spews it. You people NEVER LEARN just like Obama acting like the people still wants to buy what he has to sell.

nothing you suggest or want matters. so sit back, relax and watch because the people who Republican and the Republican party are NOW IN CONTROL

sucks I know...
After Reagan, Bush and Bush, what is it you think the GOP will do? What could they do worse than than all their previous fiascoes?

sucks I know...

And all you plan to do is cut, slash and burn our world reknown science programs and keep allowing our jobs to be outsourced. Obama may suck, but the republican plan for the past 6 effin years sucks more.

Why shouldn't we cut the loop holes allowing the rich to off source their income? Why shouldn't we raise taxes a few percent on them??

I don't like some of the things about Obamacare and I was raving against it when it was passed. But, a lot of people don't feel this way. What are your plans to fix it??

Letting the rich to get away with paying little and defunding everything isn't leadership.

How to convince some working class person living paycheck to paycheck that things like SS and Medicare are bad for the country ought to be interesting. As their wages and benefits get slashed they will eventually wake up. The GOP is pro life until the child is born. They can only hope that child will become an adult and accept working for $10 an hour for a company so the company can avoid paying their taxes. Then to top it off, they will expect the person to be thankful for the opportunity.

#16- Yup, Steph, the GOP is STILL in control of mindless disfunction, though it looks like the adults may be about to jetison the "no compromise, un-American TP" (TIME). Never good for anything but hateful brainwashed bs...like yours.

Forum List

Back