Obama's budget is obliterated in the Senate

The only way Republicans could be cornered into voting on Ryan's plan was to agree to vote on a budget Obama submitted months ago. It wasn't about Obama's budget. It was about getting Republicans on record as wanting to destroy Medicare. It worked.

Ryan's plan is now the "Republican's Plan". Stop calling it "Ryan's Plan". Call it, The Republican Plan, which is what it is.

I think we should call it Clinton's plan since he supports it.

what Jillian doesn't realize becasue she is so well informed is, its impossible for the gov. NOT TO raise taxs on the middle class, it will happen, but somehow in Unicorn Universe, they will be exempt from paying their share of Obamas deficit spending becasue, well thats the way the progressive mind works.

I used to think her mind worked, but lately it is as if someone flicked a switch.

I think we should call it Clinton's plan since he supports it.

what Jillian doesn't realize becasue she is so well informed is, its impossible for the gov. NOT TO raise taxs on the middle class, it will happen, but somehow in Unicorn Universe, they will be exempt from paying their share of Obamas deficit spending becasue, well thats the way the progressive mind works.

I used to think her mind worked, but lately it is as if someone flicked a switch.

I think she just made a mistake.....

I am under 55, they have my blessing to re-structure it, cause it won't be there when I need it at this rate, well, let me back up, it won't be there though I am planning to not have to count on the gubermint, in any case, becasue you know, as an INDIVIDUAL, at the end of the day, I get what I pay for, or plan for.....you? well have a great old age, that hip surgery you'll need in 2020 ? good luck on that.

Ditto. If they don't restructure it, the programs will be insolvent by the time I retire, so I'd rather see them fixed now, even if I means tested out or receive far less than the current (empty) promises.

I assumed I'd never see a dime of SS since I got my first real job and "did the math" on the demographic trends...and have planned, saved, and invested ever since. I'd prefer that the government not destroy private health care so there are no choices left when I retire.

Absolutely. When I sat for the first time with our financial planner 20 years ago, he told us, count on nothing from the gov. and plan accordingly. We did and do.

We have 2 medical ins. policies we pay into, one for home care and one for catastrophic old age coverage aside from her employer based medical savings plan.

Now, even with my union retirement coverage I still pay it.
The rest the house, savings to fund our living expenses and trips etc.

Of course in some feeble minds this means we deserve to not have access to what we have paid in for so far or for the balance of our working loves because, well, we planned to well and won’t need the gov., so they will make it so, because they need it, because, they were to weak and bedazzled not to.

We won’t be left adrift, Ryans plan will means test, fine by me. I think it blows buts it’s the reality, same for SS…….Those that count on gov.? They will get exactly what they deserve, a 7 week wait time, drinking water from the vases in their hospital room and kibbles and bits.

But we know what policies they'll advocate: taxes on Savings, Capital, Home Equity, and other Wealth because it's not FAIR that you planned ahead and accumulated assets, and they didn't.

Once the income transfer con game has been exhausted, they'll focus on assets.

Ditto. If they don't restructure it, the programs will be insolvent by the time I retire, so I'd rather see them fixed now, even if I means tested out or receive far less than the current (empty) promises.

I assumed I'd never see a dime of SS since I got my first real job and "did the math" on the demographic trends...and have planned, saved, and invested ever since. I'd prefer that the government not destroy private health care so there are no choices left when I retire.

Absolutely. When I sat for the first time with our financial planner 20 years ago, he told us, count on nothing from the gov. and plan accordingly. We did and do.

We have 2 medical ins. policies we pay into, one for home care and one for catastrophic old age coverage aside from her employer based medical savings plan.

Now, even with my union retirement coverage I still pay it.
The rest the house, savings to fund our living expenses and trips etc.

Of course in some feeble minds this means we deserve to not have access to what we have paid in for so far or for the balance of our working loves because, well, we planned to well and won’t need the gov., so they will make it so, because they need it, because, they were to weak and bedazzled not to.

We won’t be left adrift, Ryans plan will means test, fine by me. I think it blows buts it’s the reality, same for SS…….Those that count on gov.? They will get exactly what they deserve, a 7 week wait time, drinking water from the vases in their hospital room and kibbles and bits.

But we know what policies they'll advocate: taxes on Savings, Capital, Home Equity, and other Wealth because it's not FAIR that you planned ahead and accumulated assets, and they didn't.

Once the income transfer con game has been exhausted, they'll focus on assets.

agreed, if the denial continues, come oh 2020 or so, it will be so.

Forum List

Back