obamas BP oil spill it's still leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's an intelligent response. I'll try not to feed you anymore.:clap2:

The best response you could expect considering you called it "Obama's oil spill".

Who was president? Who said he was incharge?

President Obama: I'm in charge of oil spill cleanup, but admits mistakes in reaction to BP slick

President Obama: I'm in charge of oil spill cleanup, but admits mistakes in reaction to BP slick - New York Daily News

That's an intelligent response. I'll try not to feed you anymore.:clap2:

The best response you could expect considering you called it "Obama's oil spill".

President Obama: I'm in charge of oil spill cleanup, but admits mistakes in reaction to BP slick

President Obama: I'm in charge of oil spill cleanup, but admits mistakes in reaction to BP slick - New York Daily News

The Republicans have been giving BP political cover. If there's a sheen, it could just as easily be the result of Perry's hair product washing off during his recent vacation to the Gulf shore!!!

The Republicans have been giving BP political cover. If there's a sheen, it could just as easily be the result of Perry's hair product washing off during his recent vacation to the Gulf shore!!!

Who said they were in charge?

I started off with two links refuting your claim, but if you say there isn'y we'll go with that.:eusa_whistle:

You did no such thing. From your second reference.

"Tar balls washed onto Gulf of Mexico beaches by Tropical Storm Lee earlier this month show that oil left over from last year's BP spill isn't breaking down as quickly as some scientists thought it would, university researchers said Tuesday."

The well isn't leaking. It is just old oil previously spilled. And it still isn't Obama's fault. Go down to South Padre Island, dig around in the beach, you can still probably find oil from Ixtoc, the other huge spill which didn't kill the GOM, and wasn't Obama's fault either.

Maybe if Republicans apologized more to BP they would get around to finally fixing it

obama said he was in charged and the liberals act like he can walk on water. So when will obama finish his job?

i'm sorry... was there a point to this thread?

seriously. surely you have enough to disagree with where you don't have to go all fauxrage on us.

I started off with two links refuting your claim, but if you say there isn'y we'll go with that.:eusa_whistle:

"Tar balls washed onto Gulf of Mexico beaches by Tropical Storm Lee earlier this month show that oil left over from last year's BP spill isn't breaking down as quickly as some scientists thought it would, university researchers said Tuesday."

The well isn't leaking. It is just old oil previously spilled. And it still isn't Obama's fault. Go down to South Padre Island, dig around in the beach, you can still probably find oil from Ixtoc, the other huge spill which didn't kill the GOM, and wasn't Obama's fault either.

From the first link

Fifteen months after BP's crippled Macondo Well in the Gulf of Mexico caused one of the worst environmental disasters in US history, oil and oil sheen covering several square kilometers of water are surfacing not far from BP's well.

Al Jazeera flew to the area on Sunday, September 11, and spotted a swath of silvery oil sheen, approximately 7 km long and 10 to 50 meters wide, at a location roughly 19 km northeast of the now-capped Macondo 252 well.
No end in sight for oil in the Gulf of Mexico - Features - Al Jazeera English

Here's a picture date Aug 11 2011 of one of the leaks
20119121830841734_20.jpg

From the first link

Fifteen months after BP's crippled Macondo Well in the Gulf of Mexico caused one of the worst environmental disasters in US history, oil and oil sheen covering several square kilometers of water are surfacing not far from BP's well.

"not far from BP's well".

Meaning, "we don't have shit all for a clue where it came from, but since it is within an area the size of Rhode Island near the BP well, it must be from the BP well!"

Yes, deductive reasoning at its best.

So when BP inspected the wellhead and there was no leak, I suppose that isn't near as sexy as whatever Al-Jazeera wanted to imply on a slow news day?

BP and GCIMT Confirm No Oil Leak From the Macondo Well | Press | BP

Is there any reason why you only mentioned one side of this story? Is this what passes for objective thinking in your world? Or is it primarily a consequence of years of public education in America?

From the first link

"not far from BP's well".

Meaning, "we don't have shit all for a clue where it came from, but since it is within an area the size of Rhode Island near the BP well, it must be from the BP well!"

Yes, deductive reasoning at its best.

So when BP inspected the wellhead and there was no leak, I suppose that isn't near as sexy as whatever Al-Jazeera wanted to imply on a slow news day?

BP and GCIMT Confirm No Oil Leak From the Macondo Well | Press | BP

Is there any reason why you only mentioned one side of this story? Is this what passes for objective thinking in your world? Or is it primarily a consequence of years of public education in America?

ok just because you say it isn't so there's no oil leaking got it.:clap2::eusa_whistle:

It seems that we may have bigger issues in the future.

Guardian: 27,000 Abandoned Oil Wells in Gulf of Mexico Have Little Inspection[/B

]The BP oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico may be just a small-scale preview of events to come. According to a Guardian.co.uk article, there are 27,000 abandoned oil wells in the Gulf of Mexico. The Guardian obtained many of these facts from an AP investigation. Most wells are in shallow water and many come under state jurisdiction, notably Texas and California. The rules state the abandoned wells are to be securely capped to prevent any oil leaks. An abandoned well can be considered 'temporarily abandoned' for a year but must then be securely capped. Over 1000 abandoned wells in the Gulf of Mexico, still have 'temporary' status, some as long as from the 1950's. This demonstrates unequivocally the unbelievable lack of oversight by the federal government.

The Minerals Management Service had a reputation as having very cozy relations with the oil industry. In 15 months the Obama administration changed the agency name but apparently did little to improve oversight of the oil industry.

Guardian: 27,000 Abandoned Oil Wells in Gulf of Mexico Have Little Inspection - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

The gulf normally recieves a substantial dose of petroleum from natural surface breaks of oil bearing rock strata. If the leak is slow enough the indegenous bacteria are more than capable of digesting the oil leeched into the gulf.

The warm water of the gulf aids the process, which is why most of the effects from the main spill dissipated so quickly. This is compared to the exxon valdez, which spilled in far colder and far less bioactive water.

to some bacteria crude petroleum is like sugar. as the food supply increases they multiply and take care of the problem. The issue during the main spill is that the rate was too fast for the bacteria to handle, and the concentrations too high to allow for effective biological activity.

ok just because you say it isn't so there's no oil leaking got it.:clap2::eusa_whistle:

I didn't say any such thing. Someone checked the well. It isn't leaking. Next.

Thats what you have been saying the whole thread. there is no leak.

But tell me who's checked the well?

Someone who can. And did. While being watched by the Gulf Coast Incident Management Team. And the US Coast Guard, BOEMRE representatives, and representatives from Louisiana, Florida and Mississippi.

Are you mentally challenged in some way we need to know about?

I didn't say any such thing. Someone checked the well. It isn't leaking. Next.

Thats what you have been saying the whole thread. there is no leak.

But tell me who's checked the well?

Someone who can. And did. While being watched by the Gulf Coast Incident Management Team. And the US Coast Guard, BOEMRE representatives, and representatives from Louisiana, Florida and Mississippi.

OH I see so obama's coast guard checked it and obama says the leaks stopped but we have oil coming up from the gulf floor near the accident site. Got it. Man you sure are a tricky fellar.

OH I see so obama's coast guard checked it and obama says the leaks stopped

A majority of the Coast Guard was not hired under Obama's watch. My step-brother, for example, was hired under Clinton's watch. And yes, they say the leak is stopped. Considering that they went and looked, and neither you, nor Al-Jazeera did, that means they are pretty far up the credibility ladder, when compared to you and Al-Jazeera.

bigrebnc said:
but we have oil coming up from the gulf floor near the accident site. Got it. Man you sure are a tricky fellar.

Your reference did not say the oil was coming from the Gulf floor, let alone a leaking wellhead. It said there was something, which looked like oil, somewhere within a state's area of the old Macondo wellhead. Which maybe was a Macondo oil type, without telling us what percentage of other oils fit the same isotopic profile of Macondo oil. Like perhaps half of the Gulf might be. Hard to tell, because the "expert" didn't tell us how many other oil types he compared it to, only that it might be Macondo oil. And then, we discover this, from your Al-Jazeera reference.

"While not ruling out the possibility that oil could be seeping out of the giant reservoir, which would be the worst-case scenario, Overton believes the oil currently reaching the surface is likely from oil that was trapped in the damaged rigging on the seafloor."

Are you going to blame Obama for bunker oil coming to the surface from WWII oil tankers sunk by German U-boats along the eastern seaboard next? Makes as much sense as what you are trying to do with the Macondo well.

OH I see so obama's coast guard checked it and obama says the leaks stopped

A majority of the Coast Guard was not hired under Obama's watch. My step-brother, for example, was hired under Clinton's watch. And yes, they say the leak is stopped. Considering that they went and looked, and neither you, nor Al-Jazeera did, that means they are pretty far up the credibility ladder, when compared to you and Al-Jazeera.

bigrebnc said:
but we have oil coming up from the gulf floor near the accident site. Got it. Man you sure are a tricky fellar.

Your reference did not say the oil was coming from the Gulf floor, let alone a leaking wellhead. It said there was something, which looked like oil, somewhere within a state's area of the old Macondo wellhead. Which maybe was a Macondo oil type, without telling us what percentage of other oils fit the same isotopic profile of Macondo oil. Like perhaps half of the Gulf might be. Hard to tell, because the "expert" didn't tell us how many other oil types he compared it to, only that it might be Macondo oil. And then, we discover this, from your Al-Jazeera reference.

"While not ruling out the possibility that oil could be seeping out of the giant reservoir, which would be the worst-case scenario, Overton believes the oil currently reaching the surface is likely from oil that was trapped in the damaged rigging on the seafloor."

Are you going to blame Obama for bunker oil coming to the surface from WWII oil tankers sunk by German U-boats along the eastern seaboard next? Makes as much sense as what you are trying to do with the Macondo well.

A majority of the Coast Guard was not hired under Obama's watch. My step-brother, for example, was hired under Clinton's watch. And yes, they say the leak is stopped.

It's still obama's coast guard.

I thought you said there wasn't any oil coming up from the oil rig site? Whats up with that?

Are you going to blame Obama for bunker oil coming to the surface from WWII oil tankers sunk by German U-boats along the eastern seaboard next?
If obama say's he's in charge you can bet your last dollar I will hold him accountable.

Sins of the father? Nope, doesn't work.

bigrebnc said:

I thought you said there wasn't any oil coming up from the oil rig site? Whats up with that?

Your poor reading comprehension apparently. I said no such thing.

bigrebnc said:
Are you going to blame Obama for bunker oil coming to the surface from WWII oil tankers sunk by German U-boats along the eastern seaboard next?
If obama say's he's in charge you can bet your last dollar I will hold him accountable.

Then you are a fool. Obama no more caused a poor cement job to happen in temporal proximity to escaping high pressure oil and gas than you can be accused of flight capability by flapping your arms.

Why don't you go find something you can blame him for, and stick to that, rather than forcing yourself to make stuff up?

Sins of the father? Nope, doesn't work.

Your poor reading comprehension apparently. I said no such thing.

bigrebnc said:

Then you are a fool. Obama no more caused a poor cement job to happen in temporal proximity to escaping high pressure oil and gas than you can be accused of flight capability by flapping your arms.

Why don't you go find something you can blame him for, and stick to that, rather than forcing yourself to make stuff up?

Here are your post's saying there is not oil leak or the leak has stopped, or no one has found any oil.

When are you going to plug the leak obama?
No end in sight for oil in the Gulf of Mexico

Ummmm....no.

For starters, it stopped leaking awhile ago, it wasn't one of the worst environmental disasters in US history, and I can probably drop a gallon of motor oil in still water and it will cover the few odd square kilometers...the stuff does spread out at the density of sheen.

The same place they were coming from before the Deepwater Horizon blew up and sank?

As I said on your word there is not oil leaking from the gulf floor where the horizon use to be.

Nobody has found any yet. Certainly a sheen here or there around the Gulf doesn't qualify as proof of much of anything. Perhaps you noticed that when the Macondo blowout was happening, we had oil actually in the surf coming ashore? And since it was plugged we have...what....normal sheens from who knows what being dumped overboard from ships, other leaky wells which have nothing to do with Macondo, the usual oil seeps and geologic whatnot which causes such things...and no more oil washing ashore in the surf...and you want to blame something this near invisible on Obama? Why not just assign credit to the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus?

You were saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back