Obama's best of times and worst of times

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health-care program, I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter, I will allow five days of public comment before signing bills, I will sign bills without any public comment, we'll have the health care negotiations televised on C-SPAN so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies, we will talk with drug companies in a back room so you can’t see the deal we made, we will go through the budget with a fine-toothed comb to save money, we will create the biggest deficit in human history in record time, we will close Guantanamo, we will leave Guantanamo open, we will end don’t ask don’t tell, don’t ask me about don’t ask don’t tell, we will reach out to Iran to offer "the promise of a new beginning" that is "grounded in mutual respect", Iran is too busy killing students and dissidents to get back to us right now, we will restore our Constitution and the rule of law by stopping presidential signing statements, we will restore our Constitution and the rule of law by stopping George Bush’s signing statements like it says in the signing statement I just signed, in short, if Obama realized that the Presidency was a real job, he never would have run for it in the first place.

Last edited:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health-care program, I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter,

I will allow five days of public comment before signing bills, I will sign bills without any public comment,

We'll have the health care negotiations televised on C-SPAN so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies, we will cut a back room deal with Big Pharma worth $85Billion,

We will go through the budget with a fine-toothed comb to save money, we will create the biggest deficit in human history in record time,

We will close Guantanamo, we will leave Guantanamo open,

We will end don’t ask don’t tell, don’t ask me about don’t ask don’t tell,

We will reach out to Iran to offer "the promise of a new beginning" that is "grounded in mutual respect", Iran is too busy killing students and dissidents to get back to us right now,

We will restore our Constitution and the rule of law by stopping presidential signing statements, we will restore our Constitution and the rule of law by stopping George Bush’s signing statements like it says in the signing statement I just signed,

in short, if Obama realized that the Presidency was a real job, he never would have run for it in the first place.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back