Obama's attacks on Romney have gained him NOTHING in the polls/Time for a new tactic?

Obama enjoys a wide lead in electoral votes and leads in ten of twelve swing states

Romney is running an uninspiring campaign and has yet to catch fire with moderates. he is running out of time

Shit, did I miss the election?

You see, we vote by electoral votes not popularity. Unless a poll looks state by state and assigns related electoral votes, it is of little use

Romney is way behind

What did the electoral votes say about Reagan 4 months before the election?

Last edited:
Obama is leading in the polls...maybe its working

Looks like Romney is going to have to start giving interviews outside of FoxNews and start giving specifics of his platform

When this race started Obama had a very large lead in national polls. That has all but evaporated.

Its helpful to have a memory that goes back further than a week or two

Obama enjoys a wide lead in electoral votes and leads in ten of twelve swing states

Romney is running an uninspiring campaign and has yet to catch fire with moderates. he is running out of time

Thanks for the update...:lol::lol::lol:

Shit, did I miss the election?

You see, we vote by electoral votes not popularity. Unless a poll looks state by state and assigns related electoral votes, it is of little use

Romney is way behind

I knew Ronald Reagan........Romney is no Ronald Reagan

Now unless an Iranian hostage situation arises, Romney has some serious catching up to do

Romney is way behind

Now unless an Iranian hostage situation arises, Romney has some serious catching up to do

Never said he was. I was simply pointing out that predicting an electoral outcome is foolish.

I think the election is 50/50 at this point. I believe if Obama continues to avoid the issues he will lose, possibly by a large margin.

I have seen several of their campaign speeches thus far. Romney seems fairly focused on the issues while Obama is relying on the same platitudes and rhetoric that got hime elected last time.

As far as the polls go, I was referring to polls of independents. National polls, like you said, are fairly useless at this point except for fine tuning your message. A one point swing in recent weeks doesn't even surpass the margin of error. That being said I think we both know that this election will be decided by a handful of states and their swing voters.

True enough on the swing voter thing.

However, in the same way you see everything Obama says as "platitudes and rhetoric", so do other people see everything Romney says as "platitude and rhetoric".

It's a commonly observed phenomenon known as "confirmation bias".

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

In other words, people tend to listen to what they want to hear, and when someone says something they don't want to hear, they tune out.

Point taken. But I doubt my memory of Obama's speeches from 08 have faded that much. Like them or not, I remember them and todays campaign speeches sound very familiar.

And you sound the same also.

True enough on the swing voter thing.

However, in the same way you see everything Obama says as "platitudes and rhetoric", so do other people see everything Romney says as "platitude and rhetoric".

It's a commonly observed phenomenon known as "confirmation bias".

In other words, people tend to listen to what they want to hear, and when someone says something they don't want to hear, they tune out.

Point taken. But I doubt my memory of Obama's speeches from 08 have faded that much. Like them or not, I remember them and todays campaign speeches sound very familiar.

And you sound the same also.

I wasnt here in 08 so how the fuck would you know? Go troll somewhere else douche nozzle

Never said he was. I was simply pointing out that predicting an electoral outcome is foolish.

I think the election is 50/50 at this point. I believe if Obama continues to avoid the issues he will lose, possibly by a large margin.

I was simply pointing out that predicting an electoral outcome is foolish.

Yet you do it anyway,and call yourself foolish.

Shouldn't you be laying tile?

Yet you do it anyway

If you're going to bump the thread do try to make your contribution relevant.

Yet you do it anyway

If you're going to bump the thread do try to make your contribution relevant.

Ditto

Romney is way behind

And it was the race's one and only debate that gave the edge to Reagan. That's not going to happen with Romney.

Obama has been hammering Mitt over Bain and personal finances for some time now. Yet the polls have shown no gain for him despite the attacks. If anything more recent polls have shown that independents are becoming turned off because of the attacks. Thus far we have had the bogus war on women, vulture capitalism (yeah I know....Newt), outsourcing, dogs on roofs, haircuts free of charge, evil rich vs the world, Bain, Bain, Bain, bank accounts outside of the US and any number of other attacks that have failed based on recent polling.

So tell me, WHEN will we get to the issues? You know like say 8.2% UE, a stagnant economy, lack of job growth, true tax reform, immigration reform, foreign policy, out of control spending, BUDGETS, or any number of other things that ACTUALLY affect all Americans? These are the things MOST Americans care about. Does Obama get that? He cant hide forever behind the line of "Romney is the devil" forever. Will Obama be brave enough to actually discuss the issues on their merits, without injecting class warfare?
i've seen NONE, not a one, Ads from obama or democrats of any sort, in my State of Maine....a ton of republican ads, and man oh man, at least 2-3 times a day i am called by republicans for this survey or that message or that poll question, 7 days a week! My husband is a registered Republican who votes in every election, federal or state, so i think that is why I get called all the time!?

I think maybe obama has just started to spend his payload of money and he just hasn't spent any in my state yet?

Obama has been hammering Mitt over Bain and personal finances for some time now. Yet the polls have shown no gain for him despite the attacks. If anything more recent polls have shown that independents are becoming turned off because of the attacks. Thus far we have had the bogus war on women, vulture capitalism (yeah I know....Newt), outsourcing, dogs on roofs, haircuts free of charge, evil rich vs the world, Bain, Bain, Bain, bank accounts outside of the US and any number of other attacks that have failed based on recent polling.

So tell me, WHEN will we get to the issues? You know like say 8.2% UE, a stagnant economy, lack of job growth, true tax reform, immigration reform, foreign policy, out of control spending, BUDGETS, or any number of other things that ACTUALLY affect all Americans? These are the things MOST Americans care about. Does Obama get that? He cant hide forever behind the line of "Romney is the devil" forever. Will Obama be brave enough to actually discuss the issues on their merits, without injecting class warfare?

I disagree Gramps, it has successfully taken the focus off his failed presidency.

Wanna bet? Stay tuned for Charlotte.

What else could he use? I tried hard, give me 4 more years?

Obama is not going to stop going negative. Count on it.

Forum List

Back