Obama's Approval Rating Falls 15 Points

right on cue
you post that as if its something new
the fact is that the POTUS doesnt have control of the budget, thats what makes that whole site total fucking bullshit
you've been told this over and over, yet you still keep denying the facts

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the White House draw up the budget then send it to Congress?

And after Congressional approval doesn't the POTUS sign it?
correct, but congress has the final word on the amounts
the POTUS can ask for an amount, but only congress can give or reject or increase or reduce the amount and then POTUS can veto or sign and if veto'd, congress can over ride the veto

Yeah that's pretty much the same idea I had in my mind as to how it works.

I'd call the POTUS the majority share holder of the budget.

Funny ... and you REALLY think McCain didn't lie during his?
As I said, the two were on the wrong sides, both of them.

Wow, another Bush basher that now thinks approval ratings are bashing. :rolleys:

Wow another Obama basher who can't wait for him to fail...just like her hero Dumbya...rolls eyes

Naw, I'm not into bashing Obama, just hypocrites like you Grump. G'morning by the way. It's much more fun being the loyal opposition than playing defense.

Wow another Obama basher who can't wait for him to fail...just like her hero Dumbya...rolls eyes

Naw, I'm not into bashing Obama, just hypocrites like you Grump. G'morning by the way. It's much more fun being the loyal opposition than playing defense.

1) How am I being hypocrite?
2) It's 10.39pm here
3) Fair enough about playing defence, but at least have a plan..:cool:

1) How am I being hypocrite?
2) It's 10.39pm here
3) Fair enough about playing defence, but at least have a plan..:cool:

1. Posting missteps is loyalty to country.
2. Then g'evening
3. Do have a plan, be respectful but point out all mistakes I find, whether you agree they are or not.

2. Then g'evening
3. Do have a plan, be respectful but point out all mistakes I find, whether you agree they are or not.

1) Huh?
2) Mornin'
3) Respect is a two-way street. I couldn't stand Reagan as a president, but I respected him. Ditto Bush Snr - hell, even Nixon. Bush junior? Sorry, he made one of the greatest nations on Earth a laughing stock. A tragedy Annie, in anybody's book. And the sad thing is, Gore and Kerry were better men. In the case of Kerry, maybe not that much better, but still better. I find American politics during the 1980-2008 era came down to getting the win. I reckon most Repubs were glad George won, not because he had ANYTHING to offer, but because he was a conservative. Sad state of affairs. Your political system is due for an overhaul. Will never happen of course.....

2. Then g'evening

1) Huh?
2) Mornin'
3) Respect is a two-way street. I couldn't stand Reagan as a president, but I respected him. Ditto Bush Snr - hell, even Nixon. Bush junior? Sorry, he made one of the greatest nations on Earth a laughing stock. A tragedy Annie, in anybody's book. And the sad thing is, Gore and Kerry were better men. In the case of Kerry, maybe not that much better, but still better. I find American politics during the 1980-2008 era came down to getting the win. I reckon most Repubs were glad George won, not because he had ANYTHING to offer, but because he was a conservative. Sad state of affairs. Your political system is due for an overhaul. Will never happen of course.....

I disagree strongly on both Gore and Kerry. Bush made mistakes, we'll let history decide where he's rated and what he's done, for better or worse.

13 days into his term, Obama not doing well, not at all. He allowed, nay encouraged all the pork in the stimulus package and thought by showing up and striking a few that the Republicans would fall in line, nope. He's displayed callousness towards the citizens he was sworn to protect, not even bothering to show empathy for their plight in the southern border states. He has shown his method of collecting back taxes to be nominating the scofflaws to high positions, in which case they immediately pay up. He managed to invigorate a part of the Republican Party many of which we'd like to see cool their jets a bit, by making Limbaugh part of the argument, (in fairness, that may have been a bright move on his part.)

2. Then g'evening

1) Huh?
2) Mornin'

Bush is not a Conservative.

I disagree strongly on both Gore and Kerry. Bush made mistakes, we'll let history decide where he's rated and what he's done, for better or worse.

13 days into his term, Obama not doing well, not at all. He allowed, nay encouraged all the pork in the stimulus package and thought by showing up and striking a few that the Republicans would fall in line, nope. He's displayed callousness towards the citizens he was sworn to protect, not even bothering to show empathy for their plight in the southern border states. He has shown his method of collecting back taxes to be nominating the scofflaws to high positions, in which case they immediately pay up. He managed to invigorate a part of the Republican Party many of which we'd like to see cool their jets a bit, by making Limbaugh part of the argument, (in fairness, that may have been a bright move on his part.)

Oh, c'mon, you can't be serious about Gore and Kerry. They were both far more intelligent than Bush. Easily so. Bush didn't show the slightest bit of curiousity about anything. He was like a rabbit stuck in headlights most of his term.

I won't even debate on Obama until he has been in the box seat for at least 6 months. The mess Bush has been left is almost insurmountable IMO. I prayed for a GoP win, not because I like them (over 50 percent of the US and 90 percent of the rest of the Western World can't stand them), but because I believe Obama could be the second coming and he still wouldn't have enough time in the next four years to fix Bush's fuck ups. But American politics being as one dimensional as they are, people will not remember in four years time that Bush and his cronies were responsible for the mess your country (and vicariously the world) is in now in, all they will remember is that Obama couldn't fix is fast enough. Thus my wish for a repub win because in four years time, conservatives would realise after 12 YEARS of repub rule there is no way they could blame the centrist/normal/dems. Now they have been given an out, and they'll take full advantage of it...

Last edited:
More 'transparency and change'. How many Bush appointees were dropped because of illegals? What about those Democrats that got sweetheart mortgages and won't let the sunshine in? I guess it's only the 'rich' that will be able to escape taxes, IF not appointed by President Obama:

Special treatment
Another Cabinet pick didn't pay taxes
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2009

Apparently it is fine not to pay one's taxes. That seems to be the message from the Obama administration.

First it was disclosed that Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner failed to pay more than $34,000 in self-employment taxes. That held up his nomination for the post briefly, but did not derail it; he was confirmed by a vote of 60-34.

Now it is apparent that former Sen. Tom Daschle, President Barack Obama's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary, has been negligent as well. The former South Dakota senator recently filed amended tax returns to report $128,203 in back taxes and $11,964 in interest, the Associated Press reported.
This negligence should be taken seriously. But it is not expected to halt his nomination. After all, Mr. Geithner was approved.

Others have allowed a sense of entitlement to obscure conscience and judgment. Rep. Charles B. Rangel, D-N.Y., occupied three rent-stabilized apartments in Harlem at below-market rents, failed to pay taxes on $75,000 in rental income from a beach house in the Dominican Republic and has had to pay more than $10,000 owed in back taxes. Yet he still chairs the House Ways and Means Committee.

Then there is Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., who received preferential rates and reduced fees in a mortgage refinance of two properties with Countrywide Financial in 2003. He has failed to make public the mortgage documents related to this deal, as the Wall Street Journal has pointed out. But that has not stopped him from pontificating against Wall Street bonuses and other perceived financial misdeeds.

President Obama could draw the line on this type of behavior by withdrawing Mr. Daschle's name from consideration. Ordinary citizens are expected to follow the rules without VIP treatment. Why not political leaders?

More right wing mental masturbation. If you feel good for the next 8 or more years, be my guest.

Keep It Pimpin' Obama! Ya long legged mack daddy you!

Keep being an buttwipe, you short legged whatever the fuck.:lol:

Wasn't Bush's rating about 20% when he left?:lol::lol:

It didn't have anywhere to go but down, did it? :tongue:

His loony, bat shit, left worshippers are the first ones he's pissed off, like code pink. They're coming to realise he lied to them during his campaign. Wow... shocker there aye? :lol:

And as this year grinds on with people still losing their jobs and the economy in the tank, his approval rating is going to 'dip' further yet. I wouldn't doubt he becomes almost as hated as GW.

No where not jackass, why don't you speak for yourself and not for us

It didn't have anywhere to go but down, did it? :tongue:

His loony, bat shit, left worshippers are the first ones he's pissed off, like code pink. They're coming to realise he lied to them during his campaign. Wow... shocker there aye? :lol:

And as this year grinds on with people still losing their jobs and the economy in the tank, his approval rating is going to 'dip' further yet. I wouldn't doubt he becomes almost as hated as GW.

No where not jackass, why don't you speak for yourself and not for us

any chance you could repeat this in english?
thanks

I expect it will continue to drop as the reality of the depression sinks in, don't you?

We're informed that things will continue to get worse this year, that two million people will lose their homes, that millions more will lose their employment, too.

I will be surprised if by 2010 Obama's approval rating is more than 30%.

Unemployed homelss people, and people fearful they're next, tend not to approve of Presidents if they believe that the President should have been able to save the economy.

Forum List

Back