Obama's Appeasement of North KOrea

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
What will Obama do if they shoot a missle our way? (I believe they plan on shooting them April 4th)

Defense Secretary Robert Gates indicated in an interview on Fox News Sunday that the Obama administration is not prepared to do anything to prevent the coming launch of a North Korean ballistic missile capable of reaching Alaska or Hawaii.

"Appearing on 'FOX News Sunday,' Gates said North Korea 'probably will' fire the missile, prompting host Chris Wallace to ask: 'And there's nothing we can do aboutObama's Appeasement of North Korea it?'

"No," Gates answered, adding, 'I would say we're not prepared to do anything about it.'"

Gate's response contrasts sharply with that of Admiral Timothy Keating, commander of the Pacific Fleet, who suggested that the North Korean missile could be shot down with an anti ballistic missile fired from an Aegis cruiser. But apparently the Obama administration is prepared to take a more passive stance toward the North Korean missile launch, in defiance of the world community that is worried about North Korea developing a means to deliver its nuclear arsenal against targets in the North West Pacific and, perhaps, even American territory. Japan is putting its missile interceptors on full alert just in case the North Korean missile heads toward Japanese territory.

Gates, on the other hand, indicated that, "I think if we had an aberrant missile, one that was headed for Hawaii, that looked like it was headed for Hawaii or something like that, we might consider it."

Leaving aside the question of how one would determine how one would know that a missile headed to Hawaii was "aberrant" Gate's response could only be characterized as mind boggling. The time to make a decision about a missile headed toward American territory could be measured in minutes, By the time President Obama assembled his staff, it would be too late.

Obama's Appeasement of North Korea - Associated Content

Does this surprise anyone? This is what the "Hope and Change" people voted for. We're going to be liked in the world again. Reminds me of the Jimmy Carter days. Oh yes, that was when we were the weakest in the last 100 years. Looks like it's coming full circle again.

Does this surprise anyone? This is what the "Hope and Change" people voted for. We're going to be liked in the world again. Reminds me of the Jimmy Carter days. Oh yes, that was when we were the weakest in the last 100 years. Looks like it's coming full circle again.

Yep, I guess doofus liberals think we're in some kind of popularity contest...Kim Jong the ILL likes Oblahma 'cause Oblahma won't put up any resistance to stop the little asian Hitler....I suggest nobody makes vacation plans to Hawaii....

Forum List

Back