Obama's amnesty starts today

This will fall on deaf ears.

Someone made a point that really made me think, they said we have so many illegals because employeers need immigrant workers but the goverment isn't giving out the proper amount of work visas, so employeers are just hiring what they need illegally.

Get a fucking clue, employers don't 'need' illegal labor, they 'want' it. It's cheap and easy, and sloughs off the social costs on the backs of the taxpaying citizens they're fucking out of decent wages.

God DAMN, how fucking simple-minded can you people BE???

There are many jobs, that Americans won't do. Migrant workers are important to our economy.

You know what, if we quit handing out food stamps, "free" money, subsidized housing, etc, you might be surprised how many Americans would do those jobs. As it stands now, why should they?

Get a fucking clue, employers don't 'need' illegal labor, they 'want' it. It's cheap and easy, and sloughs off the social costs on the backs of the taxpaying citizens they're fucking out of decent wages.

There are many jobs, that Americans won't do. Migrant workers are important to our economy.

You know what, if we quit handing out food stamps, "free" money, subsidized housing, etc, you might be surprised how many Americans would do those jobs. As it stands now, why should they?
Stave them out and they'll be more willing to take those jobs? K than.

Wassamatter Amy, don't want to admit that you're too cheap to pay an extra 10% to help employ Americans?

You'd rather import illegal aliens to suppress the wages of working Americans?

There is a word for people like you... ASSHOLE!!

So progressives have a problem with outsourcing but have no problem with illegals stealing jobs in the US and driving down wages??

Of course progressives will be the first ones to bitch about the poor in foreign countries and will be the first ones to blame the US for their poverty yet we outsource jobs to them when many countries don't...

So tell me progressive fucks -- what is the difference between outsourcing and "insourcing?" So we cant sent Job to India but we can give a job to an illegal alien here in the states???

Can you progressives answer that?
I have no issue with outsourcing. I think people who whine about it are stuck I the past and hoping to bring back shit jobs for the average American. In my opinion, our future is not in those jobs. No matter how much you cut taxes it's still going to be cheaper to pay some guy in china than it would an American. As my dad would say, Americans are just management material.

And what exactly does a nation of over 300 million "managers" manage?

The whole "jobs Americans refuse to do" line of bullshit was a line of bullshit before the economy tanked and unemployment skyrocketed. Millions more suffering economically has done nothing to make it any less bullshit.

Americas future is in higher end jobs. There will always be shit jobs here, food service and the like, jobs that can't be outsourced. However it doesn't solve our problems to try to beg, bribe or coerce employeers into keeping jobs here when the can save money by shipping overseas. Those jobs are losing jobs, and IMO will be all but eliminated in the next 100 years anyway. We need to create an atmosphere that companies will want to set up shop here, open busniess here, invest in us.

Wassamatter Amy, don't want to admit that you're too cheap to pay an extra 10% to help employ Americans?

You had to quote my typo.

Why are you agaisnt small business? Don't you love America? Don't you want us to be able to compete globally?

See I can ask misleading questions too.

So progressives have a problem with outsourcing but have no problem with illegals stealing jobs in the US and driving down wages??

Of course progressives will be the first ones to bitch about the poor in foreign countries and will be the first ones to blame the US for their poverty yet we outsource jobs to them when many countries don't...

So tell me progressive fucks -- what is the difference between outsourcing and "insourcing?" So we cant sent Job to India but we can give a job to an illegal alien here in the states???

I have no issue with outsourcing. I think people who whine about it are stuck I the past and hoping to bring back shit jobs for the average American. In my opinion, our future is not in those jobs. No matter how much you cut taxes it's still going to be cheaper to pay some guy in china than it would an American. As my dad would say, Americans are just management material.

Outsourcing does 2 things 1) it allows products to be more affordable and 2) it creates jobs via demand for those more cheaper products.... People aren't going to pay $2,000 for a union made 32 inch flat screen tv...... On the other hand they will pay 300 bucks...

When you pay someone 3 dollars an hour US (which is about 7-8 dollars in China) the product becomes more affordable to the consumer. Now on the other hand you have labor unions who demand 15-20 dollars an hour...

Given the fact the foreign made TVs are cheaper more TV's will be sold and that demand will create jobs here in the US.. Everything from transportation jobs, to warehouse jobs, to retail jobs etc.. Not to mention all the components that come with those jobs such as more fuel sold to transport, more trucks made to transport, more work attire manufactured (example best buy shirts for employees) -- all because we have a cheaper product that is in more demand than it would have been if it was more expensive.

Outsourcing creates more jobs than it takes..

Outsourcing does 2 things 1) it allows products to be more affordable and 2) it creates jobs via demand for those more cheaper products.... People aren't going to pay $2,000 for a union made 32 inch flat screen tv...... On the other hand they will pay 300 bucks...

When you pay someone 3 dollars an hour US (which is about 7-8 dollars in China) the product becomes more affordable to the consumer. Now on the other hand you have labor unions who demand 15-20 dollars an hour...

Given the fact the foreign made TVs are cheaper more TV's will be sold and that demand will create jobs here in the US.. Everything from transportation jobs, to warehouse jobs, to retail jobs etc.. Not to mention all the components that come with those jobs such as more fuel sold to transport, more trucks made to transport, more work attire manufactured (example best buy shirts for employees) -- all because we have a cheaper product that is in more demand than it would have been if it was more expensive.

I agree. :)

Why are you agaisnt small business? Don't you love America? Don't you want us to be able to compete globally?

You claim there are jobs Americans won't do, yet you cannot name one. Even with the shit wages paid by our tax-subsidized agriculture, Americans STILL do those jobs, just not in the number that cheap employers would like. They like having the option of hiring illegal labor that is easy to control.

Additionally, the social costs of that 'cheap' labor are borne by the American taxpayer rather than the worker.

If farmers need more labor they should raise their wages to attract it. Labor costs account for 10% of the total price of fruits and vegetables. Doubling those wages to attract and retain AMERICAN labor would add 10 cents to the cost of a $1 head of lettuce.

Again I'll ask the question... Are you too cheap to pay that extra dime, even when doing so would save a quarter on social welfare costs?

If so, you are indeed an ASSHOLE, and a mathematically challenged ASSHOLE, at that.

It's not a matter of American's not being willing to do the jobs. It's cheaper to hire illegals. Now that these illegals are legal, there will be a new influx of illegals and these newly legal people will find themselves in the same position as Americans, unable to find a job.

You claim there are jobs Americans won't do, yet you cannot name one. Even with the shit wages paid by our tax-subsidized agriculture, Americans STILL do those jobs, just not in the number that cheap employers would like. They like having the option of hiring illegal labor that is easy to control.

Additionally, the social costs of that 'cheap' labor are borne by the American taxpayer rather than the worker.

If farmers need more labor they should raise their wages to attract it. Labor costs account for 10% of the total price of fruits and vegetables. Doubling those wages to attract and retain AMERICAN labor would add 10 cents to the cost of a $1 head of lettuce.

Again I'll ask the question... Are you too cheap to pay that extra dime, even when doing so would save a quarter on social welfare costs?

If so, you are indeed an ASSHOLE, and a mathematically challenged ASSHOLE, at that.

Remember when Gore stupidly said Americans wouldn't pick lettuce for $10 a head? I'm one of the people who signed the petition eager to pick that lettuce.

Yeah right, shipping jobs out of our country creates more jobs here. That's why I was so quick in finding another job when mine was sent to India, oh wait, I'm still unemployed.

Not at the cost of becoming a third world country. Not at the price of the war going on in northern Mexico spreading northward into our country.

These people don't believe in this country. They believe in taking it from the american people.

You don't believe in a poem about FREEDOM inscribed on the Statue of LIBERTY

And you think these kids are ruining this country??

Not only are these children not ‘ruining’ this country, as a condition of the deferral they must be making some type of positive contribution.

They won't be making a positive contribution to the country if they are legalized because now they can legally steal American jobs in a crappy economy.

Name ONE!
Lack of migrant workers causing problems for local farmers | ABC57 | South Bend IN News, Weather and Sports | Cass

You'll find plenty of stories just like this one in google

What that story tells me is that Farmer Bob is too cheap to hire Americans. Farmer Bob wants to hire illegals who won't bitch and groan about the next to nothing wages.

What that story tells me is that Farmer Bob is too cheap to hire Americans. Farmer Bob wants to hire illegals who won't bitch and groan about the next to nothing wages.

I've told this story before but for those of you who haven't heard it. I was 18, my sister in law, newly arrived from Thailand was looking for a job. I said I knew how she could go to work right away and took her to the bus stop for the berry picking bus the next morning. The bus arrived. I hadn't been berry picking in about 3 years. The bus driver took every single Asian at the stop and left me, the only Caucasian standing there. My sister in law didn't know what to do and I told her to go ahead and go, she needed the money. Now the bus driver had never seen either of us before, but he left me and took her, I call that racism. As far as I'm concerned the farmers deserve what they get. They don't want American workers, they want foreigners they can push around. BTW, my sister in law went that once and refused to ever go again. This is a job I did when I was 12 and I didn't quit. One can only think that as more foreigners became available to take our jobs, they reduce the pay and treat them like crap because they can always call immigration if the workers don't do what they want. More like slavery than capitalism, isn't it?

It's not a matter of American's not being willing to do the jobs. It's cheaper to hire illegals. Now that these illegals are legal, there will be a new influx of illegals and these newly legal people will find themselves in the same position as Americans, unable to find a job.

No doubt. Now that they are "legal" they will feel justified in demanding more money. Not to mention that the unions will prey upon them.

Yeah right, shipping jobs out of our country creates more jobs here. That's why I was so quick in finding another job when mine was sent to India, oh wait, I'm still unemployed.

On the other hand, the company I work for is continually hiring people. We handle aircraft transporting goods to and from the US and (primarily) China. I can assure you, though, that there are more goods coming in than going out. But the work's steady...at least until the price of fuel makes shipment by air cost prohibitive.

Forum List

Back